<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A glimmer of hope for U.S. based domestic airlines

September 7 2010 at 1:01 PM
ED-209  (Login EDW209)
AP Discussion Group

Hmmm, is this a sign of the beginning for positive changes on U.S. based domestic airlines?
[linked image]

Reminds me of the recent posts about Doubletree hotels and the comforting feeling of having a warm fresh baked cookie at check-in. Maybe Delta is on to something good... What do you all think?

Regards,
ED-209

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

DRMW
(Login DRMW)
AP Discussion Group

re: US airlines

September 8 2010, 10:36 PM 

Dang, I need to be your flying companion! Your experience is much better than mine, what no ice cream this time ED209?
-MW

Respond to this message   
ED-209
(Login EDW209)
AP Discussion Group

Not this time, but the cookie was a nice surprise

September 11 2010, 1:47 AM 

The only other airline that I can remember was MidWest Express. They used to do direct flights for LAX to Milwaukee, and they were famous for warm chocolate cookies on their flight and also all seats were business class. The last time I flew them was about 2 years ago and everything changed. It was back to economy and a small regular first class section.

I still prefer the Delta ice cream sundaes, but the cookie was pretty good.

Regards,
ED-209

Respond to this message   

LiL
(Login LiL888)

Re: A glimmer of hope for U.S. based domestic airlines

September 11 2010, 8:02 AM 

Due to cost savings, I used to fly frequently on Airasia... I had to pay extra $$$ to check in luggage, convenience fee to use my credit card to purchase flights and the privilege to choose my seat.. Meals and drinks on board are also an additional expense. I am waiting for the day when they start charging to use the toilet on board !!! I guess I can't complain coz I have benefitted from the cheap flights and for short haul trips, these little inconveniences r bearable... But a complimentary warm cookie would definitely be nice and improve my goodwill towards the airlines happy.gif

Also want to share that I am quite cheesed off that since beginning of this year Airasia started charging premium rates for their customers to call their customer service number. FYI a local call costs around RM0.10 per minute but Airasia cons you out of RM$1.95 per minute to speak to their poorly trained officers should u have a problem which cannot be resolved online. The whole idea I suppose is to encourage customers to make changes to their bookings online so that Airasia need not bear the overhead cost of a huge callcentre.
A few months ago, they cancelled one of my flights and in order to make changes to my reservation I had no choice but to call their premium rate number. Why do I have to pay extra when it is not my fault that the flight was cancelled ? And to add I insult to injury, they take ages to pick up your calls. I have to start paying once the answering machine turns on where the automated voice asks u to "press 1 for English.. Etc etc". AirAsia is such a poorly managed and unethical airlines and unless they r offering dirt cheap fares, there is no reason to associate yourselves with them. FYI, they r also famous for cancelling flights if they did not sell enuff seats on that flight so be prepared to get bumped off to the next flight if u r unlucky. Those who have importants meetings/events to attend, avoid Airasia at all costs.

Respond to this message   
ED-209
(Login EDW209)
AP Discussion Group

Is that like Ryanair where they charge for things like...

September 16 2010, 11:41 PM 

I remember that last year they were considering charging 1 GBP for using the toilet. I can't believe that Airasia charges for customer service calls and canceling so many of their flights. I've never traveled with them so I'll make it a point to avoid them for any future trips in your area.

Regards,
ED-209

Respond to this message   
Ling
(Login hkling)
AP Discussion Group

AirAsia are getting worse!

September 29 2010, 4:04 AM 

Liling, I have not used AirAsia services for more than one year.

Why should I paid RM30 for my luggage which is the same rate that the guy sitting next to me paid who is bloody 15kg heavier than me? You see the rationale?

Flight delayed, cancelled or ... you name it.

LCCT airport is so uncomfortable and messy.

They charge you extra if you check in at the airport. You better do it online and print out your boarding pass.

Last year, my aunt stayed in AirAsia related hotel called Tune Hotel (brand new). While taking shower, the glass door collapsed and the tempered glass shattered and showered on her. With my assistance through my legal firm, the matter was settled amicably.

This year, I rather paid more than RM500 extra to fly MAS to Melbourne and Brisbane, not that MAS is the best airline.

Regards
Ling

Respond to this message   

LiL
(Login LiL888)

Re: AirAsia are getting worse!

September 29 2010, 9:34 AM 

What ? The glass door in Tune Hotel collapsed ? With that level of attention to safety.. I am afraid to think what is the worst that can happen to their aircraft midair. Gasp

Respond to this message   
Ling
(Login hkling)
AP Discussion Group

Maintenance of aircraft

September 29 2010, 5:21 PM 

Liling, my concern is always as regards the issue of maintenance of aircraft. This is what worry me the most. I don't know whether budget airline will practice budget maintenance.

Regards
Ling

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page