<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

For all the frequent travelers,...would you borrow these from the hotel?

February 10 2011 at 8:18 PM
ED-209  (Login EDW209)
AP Discussion Group

I travel frequently and have stayed in many different hotels. And regardless of it being business or vacation I always try to pack as light as possible. Well, recently I stayed at a Westin hotel and discovered that they have this new program that they partnered with New Balance. Get this: the program allows you to barrow NB running shoes, shorts, socks and shirts. For women, they even offer sports bras too.
They say that everything is washed after each use and that the shoes have removeable insoles that are changed each time. Ewwwwwwwww!!!! I can't imagine myself ever thinking about borrowing running shoes. It would be worse than those crappy bowling shoes that they spray before you rent them LOL.

So has anyone tried this out? If you haven't, would you consider borrowing running shoes if your hotel offered them to you? Just curious.

Regards,
ED-209

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

DRMW
(Login DRMW)
AP Discussion Group

are they serious?

February 11 2011, 9:55 PM 

any kind of athletic ware is subject to sweating, what were they thinking?

-MW

Respond to this message   

LiL
(Login LiL888)

Re: For all the frequent travelers,...would you borrow these from the hotel?

February 13 2011, 11:13 PM 

I would not mind borrowing shoes if they have been washed and so long as i am wearing clean socks. Freshly laundered shirts and shorts are also ok with me. But i would not borrow or lend out bras, underwear and lingerie. Yucks !

Respond to this message   

MTF
(Login MelvynTeillolFoo)
AP Moderators

Anything that can be washed

May 5 2011, 7:40 AM 

by a normal hotel laundry seems OK.

After all, we wear our clothes (and underwear) that we send to the hotel laundry, not knowing whose clothes are mixed in the wash.

I draw the line at shoes because they really can't be 'washed' whatever they say.

happy.gif

MTF

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page