Return to Index  

Nomen omen?

November 16 2004 at 3:21 PM
Amenon  (no login)

Response to My visit to Bristol Cars by Velociphile, age 38 ΒΌ.

A sad story Monsieur Le Speedemon.

The mention of Observer books took me right back. I had the one on Birds (with feathers, bien entendu) and one on military planes - still remember the photo of a Lightning fighter (BAC, not P-51 - same heritage as the cars) standing on its tail... The account of your visit to Bristol Cars made me think of that gentleman who used to be on the box, Mr.Half-a-Daily (Ahfa to close friends), but it sounds like it was less fun. What a pity. I had to Google the matter before I could bring myself to believe that Bristol sold their prestigious car division to one of their agents with such an inauspicious name. It must have been done on porpoise. Interestingly, I see that there is (or was) a book called "Bristol Cars and Engines", published by Motor Racing Publications, vintage 1974, written by one Mr. L K J Setright. A hint perhaps?

Thinking back to my youthful days I remember the car of my dreams was the Jensen Interceptor. 7.2 litres. Wow. I actually had one too. Yellow. 1:144 scale. Corgi. Lovely thing.

Best regards,
Amenon

Jensen: Rust in Peace (sniff, how could anyone do that? sniff sniff)
http://home.no.net/jensenff/rustinpeace.html

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page