Return to Index  

Thanks DRMW

May 8 2010 at 8:26 AM
Dino944  (Login Dino944)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Beautiful 987!

Hi DRMW,

Thanks for the kind words about our Boxster RS60! We considered a Boxster S, Cayman S, and a Lotus Elise. I liked the Lotus Elise a lot. But dealers are very few (no independent service shops near us) and the 2 nearest dealers are each about 100 miles away. My other concern with the Lotus was that of 2 people I know that have/had them, one said he found it too harsh to enjoy for anything other than track days and sold it after 4 months and replaced it with a Cayman S, and the other guy (who still has his Lotus) said if he had to replace his Elise, he would get a Cayman S. Also, I'm just not sure how much I liked the idea of a Toyota engine...yes reliable and hopefully inexpensive to run, but still a bit like buying an Audemars Royal Oak with an ETA movement. I haven't totally given up on the idea of a Lotus at some point. But our Boxster is an absolute blast! Its our first convertible and it has tons of goodies I might not have considered, so now if I ever spec'd a Boxster or Cayman I know that I'd definitely want the Sport Exhaust (love it), 19" wheels, Active Suspension, and Sport Seats. Its also a car we would probably be more comfortable driving and putting more miles on (we already have one garage queen and wanted something very useable).

As for the show, the Murcie just did not do anything for me. The engine sounds great, but this example was not my taste. I really disliked the paint scheme, I don't like black wheels, and the wing looks like a terrible afterthought. It unfortunately looks a lot like the rear wings I see people put on Honda Civics etc. I know dealers say Lamborghini owners like high attention colors like orange, yellow and lime green, but if I were spec'ing a Murcie, it would be either pearl white, black, or silver. There was also a F430 with a matt black paint scheme that was hideous. It looked as though a bunch of teenagers vandalized it with a few cans of Rustoleum spray paint!

As for Lamborghinis, I really like their vintage cars such as the Miura, Countach, Silhoutte, Islero, and Diablo if its been out of production long enough to be considered vintage? For modern cars, I probably prefer the Gallardo over the Murcie. I think the Murcie is maybe prettier but so darn heavy (even in looks). Still the sound of that 12 is amazing!

The cars that really called to me were the 275GTB/4, a Daytona (that was leaving about the time I arrived), the 355s, 328s, and the Dino. The 430s are nice cars and are amazingly quick but from some angles they are a bit odd looking. Even a friend of mine that has one and adores it says he finds its not a very pretty Ferrari from some angles.

I look forward to the next car show.
Best regards,
Dino

Respond to this message   
Responses

ThePuristS.com Home Page