Return to Index  

It's just not what I want in a Ferrari...

May 10 2011 at 1:00 PM
Dino944  (Login Dino944)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Ferrari FF

To me it looks like a BMW Z3/M3 Coupe mated with a Ferrari and this is its offspring. I know there have been attempts at hatch back/wagons that were custom jobs done on Daytonas and a few 456s, and sure there is the historic "Breadvan" of the 1960s...but to me the FF isn't really exotic or beautiful.

I do understand the company wanting to branch out and tap other markets (much like Porsche getting in SUVs and sedans). But to me the true essence of Ferraris are sports cars and GT cars that are a magical symphony to listen to, and they convey 2 people (yes I know about their 2+2s such as 250 GTEs, 330 2+2, 365GTC/4, Mondial, 456 etc) in stunningly beautiful body work. I'm sure the FF is great to listen to and no doubt it will be a great performer, but its sorely lacking in the looks department. Its simply not something I look at as rolling art work. It looks kind of sporty in a utilitarian way...I see its shape and I think Z3 M3 Coupe replacement ...not Ferrari.

Really, when one thinks of "dream cars" from Maranello, I would venture to say most of us think of 2 seater Ferraris such as the Daytona, the 250GTO, the 275GTB/4, Dinos, Boxers, TRs, 355s, and 458s etc. Those that consider a 250GTE, Mondial, or 612 as their dream cars are probably in the minority.

One tech at our local independant Ferrari shop said it would have made for a fantastic BMW...but he doesn't see it as appealing to Ferrari's core customer.

I really wish companies like Porsche and Ferrari would stick to what I've dreamed of and thought a Porsche or Ferrari should be, rather than branching out into what I don't want them to be..."Exotic Soccer Mom-mobiles."

Best regards,
Dino

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page