Return to Index  

Sadly...

May 12 2011 at 10:51 AM
Dino944  (Login Dino944)
AP Discussion Group

Response to It's just not what I want in a Ferrari...

its true that these companies will continue to branch out and offer products that are more practical and appeal to a broader audience as there is far more profit to be made if a company makes sedans, suvs, and vehicles with automatic transmissions or paddle shifters.

I recall back in the 1980s when I was with my parents at a Porsche dealership. During a discussion, the saleman mentioned they lost a lot of sales to Jaguar's XJS due to wive's that would say, "I can't drive a car with a manual transmission, and you aren't buying any car that I can't drive."

While I can appreciate the need for both progress in the auto industry and profits, I am saddened at the thought of no manual transmissions available on Ferraris, and Porsche building sedans and SUVs for "soccer Moms." I just don't care how great Porsche's SUV or Sedan may be...they do not interest me at all.

When I think of Porsches and Ferraris, I think of beautiful sports cars "THAT HAVE MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS," and the joys of putting one through its paces on a beautiful stretch of road.

Best regards,
Dino

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page