Return to Index  

Like Dino and Thomas, my initial reaction to FF looks is whoa, but...

May 14 2011 at 10:31 PM
AV Powell  (Login timeonmyhands)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Ferrari FF

I also felt same way about the Panamera until test driving one in Monterey this past August.

Since then, every time I would see a Panamera from front on highway my first thought is what good looking new Ferrari did I just see until the back shows up. Over the past several months, I've begin to fall in love with its looks. Perhaps the 4-seat practically matched with driving performance makes it very sexy to me.

Can't figure out why that's appealing to me because my last 4 autos have two 2-door GTs and two 4-door sedans. Even though most of my driving is solo with no spouse and no kids, for a daily driver I now have an inexplicable desire for a 4-door with big punch and great handling.

So after 5,500 glorious miles in SLSC in 10 weeks, I still enjoy occasional ride in E350 and can't wait to my daughter's graduation from B-school so that I can justify trade-up to much higher performance 4-door and gift her the 350.

Notwithstanding strange FF appearance from the pictures I've seen with a kind of Citroen CX or Peugeot 505 beauty, you have to love the touted performance+handling/practicality ratio for an everyday stealth mobile, don't you?! An extended test drive would be fun.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page