July 6 2011 at 12:04 PM
Dino944  (Login Dino944)
AP Discussion Group

Response to German Car Day 2011 Part 1

Here is Part 2.
Hope you enjoy the photos.
Best regards,
Dino

My favorite two BMW's were represented at the show...the M1 and the 3.0CS.
[linked image]

I just love the shape of the 3.0CS (CSi/CSL). These are tough to own in the North East. They are rumoured to rust just from owners thinking about rust. Still, this makes it onto my short list of cars I've love to add to my garage some day.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Its 4 door Bavaria sibling...with cheesey aftermarket wheels.

[linked image]

The Z8
[linked image]

[linked image]

A Euro 628CSi convertible. This 1982 model seemed to be some kind of "Franken-car" with a chopped top, and interior that appeared to be from a later car.

[linked image]

The new 330HP Cayman R. I couldn't live with this Peridot color. The owner was called original Gatorade Green.
[linked image]

[linked image]

Some 914 Love.
[linked image]

[linked image]

This was a super clean really sharp early Speedster. I've seen this car at other shows and its always a pleasure to see it.

[linked image]

The original jelly bean. I can't look at an early 928 without picturing the car going into the water in the movie Riskey Business. Then there is the famous line at the dealership, "Alright, so who's the U boat Commander?"
[linked image]

[linked image]

A GT2RS. Cool car but I'm not sure I like the carbon fiber hood.
[linked image]

This car was a real beauty. A 1986 911 Turbo. The owner had owned several Porsches over the years. He had owned some modern ones too, such as a 996 Twin Turbo and a 997. He recently decided he wanted something that didn't feel like it could drive itself. He felt the current cars seem more like high speed luxury cars and missed the raw feel of the earlier cars. So he sold his 997 and got this beautiful 911 Turbo.

[linked image]

I have to say, I'm not crazy about the "phone dial" wheels on the cream colored 911 next to the Turbo in the photo above. Those wheels look fine on a 928, 944, or 924S, but a 911 just looks like something is missing without the classic Fuchs wheels.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
ThePuristS.com Home Page