Return to Index  

Follow up to the Preliminary Thoughts on the AM Virage Volante

July 25 2011 at 6:06 PM
ED-209  (Login EDW209)
AP Discussion Group

Interesting coincidence that on the same afternoon I was driving the new 2012 Aston Martin Virage Volante that I came upon TM's post about the same car!
Please click here for TM's Preliminary Thoughts

His thoughts are spot on; in regular mode the AM Virage Volante was quiet, refined, and sedate. Just what I expected in the AM. But WOW in sport mode it's a completely different car. Lot's of torque across the rpm range with a loud and throaty exhaust note that is just music to my ears. The Virage really comes alive.
[linked image]

Beautiful lines from front to back and a low front fairing:
[linked image]

[linked image]

I love the headlights and the extremely bright (almost blinding) yellow daytime running lights:
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I have to admit there are a few little quirks with this car. I know that it needs space for the retractable hardtop (which is very nice done and operates very quickly without manual latches), but the trunk is tiny and gets really hot:
[linked image]

And one surprise in the driver's cockpit, the key system is spring loaded and if not held securely it can eject the heavy key fob right into the cup holder tray. It could do some damage to fragile items,.....like the glass on a cell phone sad.gif
Plus it felt strange shifting out of Park and Drive using the big P and D buttons that are mounted on the center console:
[linked image]

But overall the Aston Martin Virage Volante is an exhilarating drive. IMO it works great as a daily driver and has that wonderful sport mode.

Regards,
ED-209

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page