Return to Index  

Hi Thomas...

July 28 2011 at 10:17 AM
Dino  (Login Dino944)
AP Discussion Group

Response to Interesting comments, Dino -

IMHO, the Vanquish was the first good looking Aston Martin in a long time. The Virage of the 1990s looked heavy and uninspiring, and then the DB7s looked essentially like rebadged Jags. So to me, the Vanquish was a step in the right direction. Maybe it was a bit curvacious, but look at some of the swoopy lines of racing DB3S and I see some DNA. Maybe I like the Vanquish's lines as I'm not a traditional AM person. Being more a Ferrari or Porsche person I like curves in a car. I also thought the Vanquish was a far more attractive car than its Italian competition of the day the Ferrari 550/575, so it made quite an impression on me.

The new Virage is very attractive. I do wish the side vent hadn't been changed, was a signature design element in their cars. I find the longer chrome strip maybe a bit too brash. Also, the front spoiler is a little too aggressive IMHO, but overall its a beautiful car. I like it a lot more than the looks of the current XK Jags, which have become a bit generic looking IMHO.

Hope all is well.
Best regards,
Dino

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ThePuristS.com Home Page