Return to Index  

Nash Healey by Pinin Farina

March 25 2012 at 11:49 AM

DRMW  (Login DRMW)
AP Discussion Group

Response to The Emergence of an Italian Style...

[linked image]

1953 Nash Healey by Pinin Farina (Collection of the Petersen Automotive Museum Foundation, Gift of Ray Scherr)

[linked image]

In 1951 Nash motor company collaborated with British engineer Donald Healey to produce the Nash Healey, an Anglo-American hybrid that used the chassis of the Healey Silverstone sports car and the six-cylinder engine of the Nash. A mere 104 British-bodied Nash-Healey roadsters were built before a chance meeting between Charles Nash and Battista Pinin Farina aboard an ocean liner led to a collaboration that would impact the styling of the entire Nash lineup. Introduced in 1952, the new Pinin Farina designed Nash-Healey combined recognizable styling elements of full-size Nash vehicles with the fleet silhouette popularized by the Italian school.


 Respond to this message Home Page