But it's easier to get back on an semi-even keel when the damage comes down to an umbrella, a baseball cap, a child-seat and a plastic crate...
The Scenic feels like a bus and, like other French cars, it has some weird things which are different to all other cars on the planet and don't seem to add anything much:
- no keys, only a plastic doobry
- the handbrake is a button
- the ignition switch is a button
- the rear-view mirror is tiny
- if you don't put your safety-belt on the car starts pinging, quietly at first, then imperiously after a few seconds. Bloody nuisance... a car with a nanny psychology - enough to put anyone off wearing a safety belt. Douglas Adams saw it all coming didn't he?
So far no bits have fallen off the Renault yet though.
Am already looking forward to getting another Passat...
Oh well - Worse things happen at sea: