<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1989 Porsche 911 Turbo SE Flatnose / Slantnose Cabriolet (Original Factory Model)

February 3 2011 at 3:42 PM
Saqib Ashraf  (Login sashraf)

Dear All,

I am new to this site and this is the first message I am posting. I fortunate enough to currently own the following collectible Porsche Model : A 1989 Porsche 911/930 Turbo SE Flatnose/Slantnose Cabriolet, ORIGINAL FACTORY MODEL (NOT an after-market conversion).

This car was ordered and purchased new in 1989 from the Porsche Dealership, and is a left hand drive version (i.e. steering on left). My family are the first and original owners. It has the original 3.3 Litre air-cooled engine with a single turbocharger, producing 300 bhp and 317lb-ft of torque. The distinctive concealed headlamps (i.e. 'flatnose / slantnose') are the hallmark of this car model. The car has only done 24,155 original Kms since new and is in excellent condition inside and out. It has a fully automatic and operational power convertible top. This is the last year that this car was produced by the Porsche Factory before it was discontinued, and is one of only a few hundred 'flatnose' pieces produced officially worldwide over a production span of four years (1986-1989). As you might be aware, in 1989, the same car model's list price in the UK was 107,000 Pounds Sterling at that time, and at the height of the supercar boom in the early-Nineties, similar cars have exchanged hands at 245,000 Pounds Sterling. The car has been taken excellent care of over the years and has been thoroughly well maintained. It also has upgraded original Porsche wheels, and an original G50 5-speed manual gearbox. It has original (undamaged) paint colour in Guards Red, with a Black canvas soft convertible top. The interior is in full Black Leather, and it comes with almost all of the options available at the time. It also has a fully documented service history. The car has not been in use and has been stored since September 2007, which is the last time it was fully serviced. It does, therefore, require some minor work before it can be re-started (new battery, tyres, oil change, etc). It is a unique, extremely rare and collectible Porsche 911 Turbo.

I would like to get advice on whether it is worthwhile for me to hold on do this car, that is if it has any good collectible value for the future, or sell it now as I really do not use it much at all. Also, if I do sell it, how much might it be worth, and what would be the best way to sell it, i.e. private sale or auction?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Pictures :

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Saqib

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Saqib Ashraf
(Login sashraf)

P.S. Typo

February 3 2011, 3:46 PM 

PS,

Sorry, typo in first line: I 'am' fortunate enough.....

Respond to this message   

DRMW
(Login DRMW)
AP Discussion Group

Beautiful car!

February 3 2011, 3:56 PM 

Hello Saqib,

Welcome to the forum! As a fellow Porsche enthusiast, that's one beautiful car! The slantnose 911 has always been a iconic P-car.

Unfortunately we do not discuss value/worth/appraisals nor do we discuss transactions on the open forum.

-MW

Respond to this message   
Saqib Ashraf
(Login sashraf)

Re: Beautiful car!

February 3 2011, 3:59 PM 

Okay,

Was not really aware of that, so will not happen again.

I am really a watch collector, and cars are also a childhood passion.

Hope that everyone enjoys the great pictures...!!!

Saqib

Respond to this message   

DRMW
(Login DRMW)
AP Discussion Group

np. look forward to some of your pics.....

February 5 2011, 2:29 AM 

Hope you share pics of your pieces (especially AP's) here:http://www.network54.com/Forum/125468/ and here: PuristSPro.com

-MW

Respond to this message   
Sten
(no login)

Beauty!

February 8 2011, 4:47 PM 

If you have space for it, you should definitely hold on to it.
Spend some money and get it serviced. It will make a great weekend car.

Respond to this message   
ED-209
(Login EDW209)
AP Discussion Group

The 930 slantnose is a beauty

February 10 2011, 8:07 PM 

Nice! You should keep it, your slantnose looks like it's in pristine condition. Even the convertible plastic rear windshield is crystal clear.

Regards,
ED-209

Respond to this message   
Dino944
(Login Dino944)
AP Discussion Group

Thats a beauty...

February 11 2011, 1:27 PM 

My Dad had a 1987 911 Turbo Coupe and nearly traded it for a 1989 Slantnose Cabriolet...but instead chose to go with a 1989 328 Ferrari, which I now have.

Its wonderful to have something that was owned by your family and to be original owners. Don't get rid of it. Have some work done and enjoy it.

Your car looks to be in very nice condition. But I would not leave it parked where it is with sunlight hitting it. The rubber on the front end looks like its getting all dried out. Also, red oxydizes really fast so that sunlight isn't good for the paint either. The car would also look better if you put the original black Fuchs alloys back on it.

I say fix it and enjoy.
Best regards,
Dino

Respond to this message   
S Ashraf
(Login sashraf)

Thanks....

February 11 2011, 2:20 PM 

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for the flattering comments and the great advice.
I will definitely start work on the car once I have some spare time and start driving/enjoying it. No point in really selling something that is so appreciated.
Regards,
S

Respond to this message   
david schlee
(no login)

still for sale

July 26 2011, 11:18 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page