PACIFIC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FORUM

Return to Pacific IT Board  

Re: PMC rolling out more BTS

July 15 2006 at 6:22 AM
Anonymous 

Response to Re: PMC rolling out more BTS

The only way this country is going to progress is developing the rural areas and that is introducing some form of moderm telecommunication.
It will have to be majority wireless since its just impossible to run land lines across the whole country. This will be expensive but thats where the goverment should come in, to provide some incentives for rural people who want this service and/or companies who want to provide this services to rural people.

For the latter to happen efficiently the monopoly telikom enjoys has to be removed and thats why i liked the idea of the privatisation policy by Mekere and suported by Bart, since it allowed for this. Plus goverment owned businesses will never money consistently as long as theres influence from politicians... but its an issue on its own.

On the issue of pangtel..as far as i know they're a regulatory body, but they do have the human resource to carryout feasibility studies so as along as the money is provided by an external donor and thet're not looking at making profit, so go ahead. In future include educational instituions which i think are most appropriate body to carry out this studies. Planti blo yupla kam lo CD6 na yupla lus tintin.

just a 2 toea opinion from a layman.

Respond to this message   
Responses

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ISSUES IN THE PACIFIC ISLANDS AND OCEANIA: PAPUA NEW GUINEA (PNG), FIJI, VANUATU, SOLOMON ISLANDS, TONGA, SAMOA, KIRIBATI, NAURU, NEW CALEDONIA, TAHITI, COOK ISLANDS, AND OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE PACIFIC.