PACIFIC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FORUM

Return to Pacific IT Board  

My take

August 4 2011 at 7:39 PM
Mangi Nating 

Response to Digicel 3g sucks

I've got both the Telikom dongle and the Digicel 3G modem. I was excited to hear that Digicel was coming out with a 3G device. And immediately Telikom dropped its MB charge as a response.

What I can honestly say is that the Digicel 3G modem is slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One test you can carry out is try to download a PDF file and see the speed at which the file downloads. Telikom wins hands down in this area and I have tried this on several different ocassions. It has come to the point that I prefer using the Telikom modem because of its speed. Digicel is good at advertising and creating the impression that it is the "better network".

One area Telikom fails though is availability of its Rait Prepaid cards. If there are any Telikom execs or workers reading this. If you want to increase the sales of your prepaid cards, make them more widely available. Most people on the Internet in PNG have access to Visa Debit cards now and can make purchases of units online. Can you guys make it possible to purchase credits online and also to input the numbers online rather than by calling up 1255 - that is cumbersome and clearly shows that you are not fully utilizing technology and not thinking about the END USER EXPERIENCE.

Respond to this message   
Responses

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ISSUES IN THE PACIFIC ISLANDS AND OCEANIA: PAPUA NEW GUINEA (PNG), FIJI, VANUATU, SOLOMON ISLANDS, TONGA, SAMOA, KIRIBATI, NAURU, NEW CALEDONIA, TAHITI, COOK ISLANDS, AND OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE PACIFIC.