Finally got one myselfJanuary 24 2005 at 3:46 AM
|George (Login seether1000)|
Was walking around Karlsruhe this weekend and decided to pop into a watch store, just to look. Well, someone was eyeing a Panerai Submersible (steel version) and it caught my attention as well as my fiance's. One thing led to another and one hour later, I walked out with my first Panerai.
I always admired them from a distance and the one thing that would keep me from buying was this question; "Am I just following fashion?" If I am...too bad! I am happy with how it looks on my wrist and so is my soon-to-be significant other. She likes it's masculinity.
The progression of my collecting has been all over the place, purchased in this order:
1. Breitling Chronomat-given to my dad two weeks later, after he admonished me for spending so much on "just a watch." Now he brags to everyone, showing them what his son gave him for retirement
2. Breitling Navitimer
3. Martin Braun EOS
4. Franck Muller Casablanca
5. Meistersinger Scrypto
6. Panerai Submersible
Shouldn't there be some semblance of a pattern?
Enjoy reading all of your posts!
- Have you been at Kamphues? - Volker Wiegmann on Jan 24, 2005, 4:01 AM
- Kamphues - George on Jan 24, 2005, 11:48 AM
- Congrats and welcome to the quicksand...>>> - ()R() on Jan 24, 2005, 4:01 AM
- You' ve been Panerai' d.; ;-) - DAVE IN PARIS on Jan 24, 2005, 4:45 AM
- congrats and enjoy -- theres a spring break at heidelberg >> - Michael Koch on Jan 24, 2005, 7:17 AM
- Unbelievable - George on Jan 24, 2005, 1:51 PM