<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

A question on PAM 163's dial (pics)

January 23 2005 at 9:49 PM
RT  (Login RTsai)

I was just looking at my signed 2005 agenda today, which as you know contains many photos of different Radiomir watches. I came across the PAM 163, which is really growing on me lately, but interestingly enough I found something quite unusual. The minute counter on the dial of the PAM 163 in the agenda is numbered 15, 30, and 45, which is different from the reference section photo below that says 10, 20, and 30 instead.

A recent photo by Abdulla shows that the production version also has the 15, 30, and 45 dial:

Since the minute counter shows the minutes of the chronograph function, given the calibre used (Lemania 234), it is my belief that the original 10, 20, and 30 design should be right since these Lemania movements usually measure up to 30 minutes. I am wondering why Panerai switched from 30 to 45 minutes instead? Does this mean that Panerai modified the movement and now the PAM 163 can actually measure up to 45 minutes? Maybe some PAM 163 owners can share some insights on this? Thanks!

Regards,

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Randy Gospich
(Login Randy177)

It is growing on me as well. I would like to hear from

January 24 2005, 12:50 AM 

owners. I have a couple of questions regarding straps. It is tough to get information on this model.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index