<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Value retention of Discontinued PAM's????

January 24 2005 at 5:28 AM
John  (Login flyinghell34)

I was told that the PAM 165 will be replaced this year. Not a big issue because I love it even though it's not very traditional. Panerai told me it is being replaced by the PAM 209, same case combo Ti/Polished bezel, but with the 104 face. Not being a collector how does this affect my watch? Does it increase or derease the value of it? I hope it atleast retains its value. Just trying to learn more. Any comments would be appreciated.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mr OP
(Login pamfever)

you can never really say...but

January 24 2005, 7:09 AM 

the best value retention is for the obvious discontinuation, like preV, slytech, tritium or PVD...

the vendome collection is full of discontinued, and the only ones that keep good value are the SE in my opinion, or the A and B series...

Olivier

Respond to this message   
marcjefferies
(Login marcjefferies)

PAM74

January 24 2005, 9:59 AM 

What about the 40mm Chronos, ie the 74 for example?

I thought they were discontinued but I have been told by my local authorised dealer they can obtain on for me from Panerai direct

Marc

Respond to this message   
Clif
(Login clifW)

40mm PAM's lcollect dust wanting owners, great ladies watch

January 24 2005, 10:05 AM 

but not something to put money into for value retention. PreA and A baby, watches that no longer glow fully are the darlings of the Panerai world.

Respond to this message   
John
(Login flyinghell34)

Not Sure about the 40's or 74

January 24 2005, 10:05 AM 

I can suggest that you contact Panerai through their website. They have been more than responsive answering my questions about new and older models. Usually hear back from them in a few hours or so.

Respond to this message   
PamLover
(Login PamLover)

I wouldn't sell my 40mm Pam 103--it's a beautiful dress radiomir--NOT a ladies watch ...

January 24 2005, 8:00 PM 

Too many Paneristas are brainwashed to believe that bigger is better. The day will come when bigger will look out of touch. Anything more than 40 mm is out of place in business attire.

Historically, today and in the future, a 40mm timepiece--for sport or dress- is a big enough watch.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index