<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Panerai Bracelets

January 24 2005 at 10:38 AM
Brian A.  (Login ballred)

I am considering a swap for a Panerai with a bracelet, and am thinking about it from a value proposition.

I really like the Panerai bracelet and the way that it feels on the wrist. I just can't help but think that a $2200 +/- premium for the bracelet itself isn't a bit steep considering that there are (apparently) aftermarket options that can be fit to a "strap" watch with the correct adapters.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the Panerai bracelet? Aesthetics?, Value? Historically have the models sold with bracelets held their value relative to those sold without?

As an aside, when did Panerai come out with the bracelet models, and does anyone have an insight on the reason considering that they do not fit the "historical" strap model?

A lot of questions, and I'll take any answers/thoughts/comments you all might have to offer.

Thanks!

Brian

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Randy Gospich
(Login Randy177)

They are very nice bracelets, but, I just do not see how

January 24 2005, 4:14 PM 

they could be worth anywhere near that price. I bought an 18K braclet for my Clerc Chronograph a few months ago for $3000. It weighed over 250grams. Granted I did get it at cost because the distributor wanted to get rid of it, but, if you price similar SS bracelets I doubt you would find any at comparable prices. I think $1000 is more than enough. What the hell do I know?

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index