<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

EVER since I saw BigB's OEM prototype red shark on his 203A,, I've been in love,,,

January 24 2005 at 6:41 PM
Kevin  (Login Adeeos)

But just TRY and find a similar strap,, AND in long, 130/80 like a PAV099,,, cummon,, I dare ya,, lolol,, Well after thinking about it off and on,, and just how to do it,, I stopped by the local leather shop today,, and got myself some soft, red leather,, and set about making my own version.... The TC PVD buckle I won during the 12 days of Christmas, now has a perfect home... It looks sorta "bare" without stitching to set it off,, So far,, THE toughest part, has been locating the correct gauge thread!!,, Everything I've found has been much too small.. Even the leather shop stuff is just not the "correct" size... So right now,, I'm just going to have the leather shop run it through the sewing machine, with NO thread, to poke the stitching holes evenly spaced,, so once I DO get ahold of some off white, or beige thread of the right diam... I'll be able to hand stitch it,, They told me they also have a sealer to paint alone the raw edges to give it a nice slick factory finish,,, Sooooo,, How'd I do?...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
dave wiesenberger
(Login flyrod7)

Slick work. You do have a talent.

January 24 2005, 6:49 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index