There are old Calusa indian burial grounds ....

by

one burial ground accidentally got discovered by workers putting in footers for a new home down on Manasota Key. So when that happened a bunch of archaeologists got involved in the site and put a halt to the homebuilding. They were excavating the site when a local American indian group went down there and put a whammy-zammy curse of some kind on the owner's property and the workers. The owner being a cardio doctor from India couldn't of cared less.LOL
I went down to the site and sifted dirt for them for a couple days...got to see some of the old indians in their graves.One thing about archaeologist I found out is that they tend to be a strange bunch. It was an interesting experience working along side of a bunch of people so obsessed with their work.

Years later I learned from a metal detecting buddy that back in the old days pirates sometimes buried their loot in indian burial grounds because they knew that they were sacred and nobody would mess with their loot. If I only knew that when I was down there ...I wouldn't been looking for old bones.happy.gif

I know I may have gone off topic here but it reminded me of my experience so I thought I'd share the story.Hope you didn't mind.
It does make me wonder sometime if there are indian spirits down there that haunt that doctor now he had that curse put on his property.LOL

Posted on May 20, 2010, 12:59 PM
from IP address 96.254.3.211

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Google

Web www.GCBRO.com