Just gets weirder and weirder...

by Monster Hunter

I know I suffer from CRS and I also know Jake is kind of scattered brain at times when it comes to details but we checked our cameras yesterday....quite a few pictures of coon and a few deer...we had this area set up more or less in a triangle formation with the cameras...

Jake gets the SD cards from the cameras...brings them to the jeep and loads them on his lap top...I told him we were moving the cameras to an area we found a broken bush and a huge trail so he walks back to get the cameras...the SD cards were on my jeep when I told him to get the cameras...he walked back to gather the cameras and he and I left the area...I know for fact I would have picked up the SD cards when I put the computer up...apparently they were not there...

We go to the above mentioned area and decide we would scout around a bit...walked a couple of hours up the now dry creek bed and didn't find any heavy used trails and not any creek crossings so we decide we'll hang the cameras down a lane where we along with others have had sightings...took us an hour to cut and remove the brush to get into the area...yes, I believe in driving if at all possible...we finally get to this spot, get a camera out and no SD card...we searched the jeep, all the cameras and of course every pocket we had on us but still nothing...

We drive back to where the cameras were and the last spot we knew the SD cards were...walked the lane, searched all around the cameras without finding one darn card...quite a bit of ground clutter, limbs and leaves, and after about a thirty minute search we gave up in the darkness...driving out, about a three hundred yard drive, and nearing the road there's cut brush, the brush we cut, laying across the lane...

Jake and I have no idea what happened to the cards and when driving out we saw the cut brush in the lane we knew was clean of brush when we drove back in...he and I had no idea just WTH was going on...we drive to the south end to listen a bit and hear the bionic bird back west of us in the area where we just left from searching for the cards...we go back, stay a few minutes with Jake hearing this whistle again which I couldn't hear with him telling me it was north of us...a lesson to be learned...always wear ear protection when firing a weapon...we stayed there about 15 to 20 minutes...quiet...so we decide to drive out...

Now to make heads or tails of this...possibly left the cards on the jeep with them falling off on the lane...though we couldn't find them there was so many leaves and pine straw they could have fallen underneath some of this ground clutter...we'll go back and look again today weather permitting...the cut brush in the lane...it is possible brush was hung under the jeep when we cleared the other lane and came out when we crossed the road headed into the lane...it's either this or we have a darn haint fooling around with us...we do have a couple of weird pictures I'll post later...

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 10:14 AM
from IP address 70.153.164.208

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Google

Web www.GCBRO.com