Several things Jeff...

by Monster Hunter

First...the cameras, some, will go into a sleep mode and not wake up in time to activate....My nephew called me last week complaining of his...several months over a food plot...several pictures until he started to his truck...carrying the camera with it on it took pictures all the way back to his truck with him thinking the batteries were dead...

Trails and not crossings...unless you have expensive cameras a crossing is not for most game cameras...place them on trails where the camera has time to activate with the animals either coming or going...or place them over food plots...some of the hunter forums talk about game cameras...before I buy any game camera I read the different forums and not the manufactures web site on how wonderful their cameras are...

Buy cameras with an IR flash and not a light flash...if you have a regular flash camera hang it outside at night...activate it and you'll understand when I say it looks like a lightning strike...

Killing the UV on the camera box...since doing this I do have some interesting pictures and pictures of a group or family of Monsters...simple process...dollar store flat black spray can of paint...tape the windows and spray the cameras box...the paint will dry in minutes...BTW...by painting the camera box will kill any warranty but IMO the camera is worthless to me if the Monsters or animals can see it...

Hanging the camera...make sure and secure the complete strap...don't let the strap blow in the wind or freely hang...I use my cordless drill with sheet rock screws to fasten the cameras and straps to the trees...

Hanging the cameras on trails...find where trails join or cross...try and locate a good tree that can partially hide your camera...this time of year it's difficult because of the budding and growing foliage...I do at times remove some of the vegetation that would cause the camera to activate when the wind is blowing but I'm also careful not to remove to much exposing the camera...

Posted on Apr 19, 2011, 7:01 AM
from IP address 65.0.47.202

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Google

Web www.GCBRO.com