Something doesn't jive..........by MikeInNC
"Something doesn't jive"???
"harvest a body" - sounds like picking corn. BF is a living creature. Not a vegetable.
Hunting, on the other hand, is a different story. If you ever have, or tried it, you know it isn't easy! Regular "dumb" animals like deer and yotes require patience, scent control, and "getting the drop".
Hunting for BF would be a whole new endeavor.
1. BF's will probably know you're there before you know they are there
2. BF's seems to "know" what a firearm is, like they seem to "know" what a game camera is
3. 2 and/or 3 means they'll make themselves unseen to you - or extremely difficult to locate
4. The person hunting BF needs the proper tools (big caliber) plus the skill to place a first-round, kill shot 'in the "T"'.
5. Assuming a hunter actually got the drop on a BF, the hunter needs to go to the body or, worse, track a wounded 500lb+ creature.
6. Assuming hunter finds body, he must now transport 500+lbs of dead weight.
7. Assuming the BF was not alone, the hunter may now find himself being hunted.
Also - if something knocks or growls, one cannot simply blast away towards a sound. That would be dangerous, unethical, and possibly illegal.
So, if you have a 300 Win Mag, 338 Lapua, or better......plus thermal scope.....and plenty of friends to provide backup - head to the woods and seek your fortune. I look forward to seeing you on the cover of Time magazine
-Mike in NC
Posted on Apr 30, 2012, 1:43 PM
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- Yep. Geronimo on Apr 30, 2012