It's a pretty good recording. Maybe too good.
So if I understand this recording; the student walked out to an area and stumbled upon this conversation between two unknown creatures.
1. While the student is walking he does not snap a twig or step on a bunch of leaves. it sound like he is walking over the same type of ground the whole time. It sounded like he was he was "walking" over cereal the whole time at a quick pace.
2. So the "creatures" did not hear his approach?
3. The "creatures" sounded like they were facing the same direction the whole time they were communicating.The only sounds the creatures make is this growling/barking rough scream? Maybe they were howling at the student. No echo or sound carrying in the distance? But the amplification of the sound (acoustics) were awesome! Just like if they were in a room!
4. This student walks out to an area, hears creatures that are obviously larger than he is and he says nothing?? not even a "WTF"?
5. The creatures just stop howling as he leaves?
6. It sounds like there is more than one student "walking" away from the creatures.
7. The back ground "crikets" sound too perfect and like the volume was turned up after the student begins to leave.
What kind of recording equipment was used. I did not hear the normal sounds of gear/clothes rubbing while the student was walking. I'm not convinced that this was actually recorded out in the field. This sounded like a recording studio project. It reminded me of the old time radio shows. And I have heard plenty of them working the midnight shift with my XM radio.
Posted on Jun 21, 2012, 8:58 AM from IP address 188.8.131.52