Sam Houston National Forest

by TC

I did do a little truck camping back in the last week of June (Monday pm/Tuesday am) in the Northern portion of Sam Houston National Forest. My intent was really to get an idea of the area and I will tell you it's an amazing National Forest. For any that have listened to SASQUATCH Chronicles they have featured this area. Not much happened other than some strange vocals but all could be somewhat explained. The next morning was spent driving some of the back forest roads and there is enough interest for me to go back. Much of the growth is old so there is little underbrush.
The way that National Forest sell off resources seems better than the old way of strip logging. I believe the gvt. will sell off like 1 of every 4 trees in certain areas now. I'm not sure if it's bidded out to logging companies or how that's done but it seems like a good idea. Shocker...our Govt. doing something that makes sense. Much of that National Forests upkeep has gone down hill since 2008 In the Big Thicket (Gore unit) for instance used to be up kept with trails and bathroom facilities etc. that was basically just abandoned. They really only keep the one 5 mile road to the river cleared of trees. So much of the promises made by this president of money spent on the infrastructure internally was not kept. Oh well good for us as rarely have I seen people back there.

Posted on Jul 16, 2015, 4:54 AM
from IP address 107.77.100.112

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on BigfootCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Google

Web www.GCBRO.com