Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Besides......while chasing/filming a BF........
    • MikeInNC
      Posted Apr 13, 2010 12:10 PM

It makes no sense that someone would intentionally turn off a camera when they tripped/fell and then turned it back on.

It would be like.....

"Oh, my. I've tripped and am now falling. I think I'll turn off the camera until I can regain my balance and obtain proper footing on this uneven surface I find myself running across."

then

"Ah! Much better! Now that I once again have firm footing and can stand without fear of falling again, I think I'll turn this camera back on so that I may continue to film the local fauna."

Now, I'm not familiar with ancient filming technology happy.gif so if the camera has a trigger/button that needs to be held down, I could see the film stopping as the person falling down tries to catch themselves and the finger comes off the trigger/button/whatever.

If the camera has a toggle/flip/other switch, it COULD have been engaged while the person was falling - if that switch is located near the fingers - and the person was trying to catch themselves on the way down.

Now, with all the buttons on video cameras nowadays, you can probably sneeze and hit 4 buttons at once - lol. What would the situation have been like for these guys?

Anyone have a good pic of the camera's on/off switch? (from an old ad, publication, instruction manual, etc.)

-Mike in NC

Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Google

Web www.GCBRO.com