Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Here are a few,,,
    • SAsquatcher
      Posted May 19, 2012 1:07 PM

Common denominators that I have noticed.
      1. Pine trees,,(evergreens)(Conifers)
      2, Creeks, streams, lakes, and or rivers, it seems like the activity is the heaviest where bodies of water meet.
      Example, at Boggy creek, most of the activity seems( and don't take this as gospel) like the heaviest activity occurs where Boggy creek flows into the Sulphur river.
      3, Vast areas of woods, these creatures need enough room to stay hidden.
      4 Lots of food, nuts berries deer squirrel, rabbits, etc.

I personally believe that these animals munch oh whatever is available, be it acorns or pigs or whatever.
      Such an animal with a non discriminatory diet could easily get huge because when the greenery dies off, they switch to meat, and do not too much care what kind of meat either!

This is of course just speculation on my part, but it happens to fit the reports as well as the facts.
      There may be things that they can eat that a human couldn't deal with like tree fungus or moss or even those little berries on poke salad that are poisonous to us, you never know.
      I know that Jim has a couple of wild lemon trees at MC, they may like those, or persimmons ( Which I like too).
      If you have the stomach for it, the woods supply plenty of food year round, you just have to know how to get it and be able to process it.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.