Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Is There "Something" In These Photos?

• Posted Jun 26, 2012 7:40 AM

My girlfriend and I spent this past weekend hiking in Minnewaska State Park in the southern Hudson Valley of upstate New York. After hiking about 2 hours on Sunday, June 24th, we stopped for lunch at a spot called Millbrook Mountain. This "mountain" is actually a high point along a very impressive limestone cliff called the Shawangunk Ridge, a popular destination for mountain climbers.

Within a few minutes of settling down in our chosen spot, I became a aware of an interesting dark patch about 150 feet or so to the north of us. As the dark patch didn't move, I didn't think it could be a black bear. I realized I should take a few pictures of the area and have the luxury of scrutinizing the photos later. These are those photos:

[linked image]
      [linked image]
      [linked image]
      [linked image]

I mentioned this dark patch to my girlfriend who saw nothing unusual about it. I stood up and moved toward it but didn't get very far due to the terrain. I did not notice any change in the position of the dark patch while I moved toward it. In fact, I lost sight of it and the picture (not posted here) I took from my new location did not include the dark patch in question. I returned to my original location and ate the second half of my sandwich. I joked to my girlfriend "there's a hairy biped over there waiting to see what we leave behind." She responded to the effect of "Oh, brother!"

I regret not having a set the digital camera to a higher resolution as the blown up images become pixilated just as they become interesting. The best zoomed images are on the camera itself. In fact, my girlfriend admits there's a "person" in the pictures. She assumes it's another hiker.

I respect the members of the GCBRO and have always found the discussions on the message board intelligent and informative. I'm hoping to have another pair of eyes look at this "blob" and tell me what they see.
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Google

Web www.GCBRO.com