Gulf Coast BigFoot Research Organizations Message Board

For the serious discussion of Bigfoot encounters, and sharing of information about these elusive creatures. Please, do NOT abuse this forum, or you will be filtered from any future postings to our Message Board. This is a Moderated Forum. Any postings will be approved by the Moderator. The Moderator reserves the right to expose or bring to light, any person or entities who hoax, fabricate, lie, cheat, steal or any other dishonest activity that brings a negative light or reaction to the Bigfoot Research Field. The Moderator also has the right to respond to any and all attacks against the Moderation of this Forum and or the GCBRO in any way deemed necessary. For the haters and fabricators out there who seek to do no more than slander, or try to create issues for the Moderator or the GCBRO, you have been warned.

WE DO NOT RECOMMEND SHOWING YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR POST'S.

Some post's that mention certain other person's, OR entitie's, are not allowed. We will not permit any free publicity for those that try to create problems for the GCBRO, or any other legitimate research group's, or individual!

MODERATED BOARD
NEW VISITORS
SUBMIT YOUR INFO BEFORE POSTING

Registration is required prior to the approval of your posts. Please submit the following information:

1. Full Name

2. Email Address given you by your Internet Service Provider. (Hotmail, or Yahoo will not suffice.)

3. Physical Address

4. Name, or Alias, you wish to use when posting.

E-MAIL GCBRO MODERATOR

Film home movie cameras,,,

by SAsquatcher

I saw where Mississippi Mike posted below inquiring about home movie cams and here is what I found on ebay.
Some pretty good deals actually!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Film+movie+Cameras&_sacat=0&_odkw=Film+Cameras&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 12:06 AM
from IP address 75.1.112.32

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good Deal

by J

This looks like a good deal...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BOLEX-16MM-MOVIE-CAMERA-AND-CASE-AND-FILM-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION-/400255702259?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item5d311954f3#ht_5672wt_952

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 10:03 PM
from IP address 68.63.209.169

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just remember folks,,,

by SAsquatcher

If you invest in a vintage movie camera like those, you need to invest in a projector and or screen as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=Movie+projectors

Posted on Nov 13, 2011, 7:35 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just to mention...

by KJ

Though it's been awhile, earlier tonight took the dogs out so they could do their business before closing them up in the garage. While I was standing out there with them, I heard a sound that I haven't heard in awhile and I was so glad to be hearing it again. The sounds of an owl Whooting. It was somewhere along the creek banks just west of me about a half mile at most. Now I did stand there and listen to see if it really was a owl or a mimick of one. This sounded like the real deal. So glade some of the wild is sticking around even though this area has become a hot bed of subdivisions.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 4:11 AM
from IP address 98.81.12.216

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sounds.

by SAsquatcher

When you hear that phoney hoot owl sound, somehow you know it's not quite right, especially if you have heard the real deal often enough.

On the subdivisions, the only thing I can tell you is that as you see the houses increase, you can most assuredly expect the nature sounds to decrease!

Hopefully you still live within a short driving distance of another hot spot, one thing that I have noticed is that most hot spots encompass about a 30 mile area or even bigger so don't get discouraged.
Also as folks move into these new houses, there may be an increase in sightings from the new tenants as I and others on here have found that these monsters don't just up and leave that easily, so there will probably be some folks who get peeping Tomsquatch's checking out what they are watching on TV and so on in the houses on the outskirts of the subdivision.
Also I would check around where they are running their dozers and graders on the weekend and, or early mornings for tracks in the soft ground around the edges of where they are building toward the wood line.
Like I said, the monsters don't leave in too big of a hurry, just ask Jim!

Posted on Nov 11, 2011, 6:11 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey Crispy.....

by Gary-bob

How you been doing man?Haven't heard from you in a while.Hope you are going well.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 8:47 PM
from IP address 208.82.45.102

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey Gary

by Crispy

Getting things in order to move up to Southern Oregon ...maybe next month - if everything works out. Mountains mountains mountains.....Lots of Bigfeets up there......

Posted on Nov 11, 2011, 12:17 PM
from IP address 69.230.118.77

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re:Crispy

by Gary-bob

Hope you have more luck with those Northwestern Bigfeet.Keep in touch.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 1:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Latest Mississipi report

by DonDon

Just had a friend get ahold of me telling me about a fella that was hunting and as he was sitting there this 7 foot tall hair covered man looking creature walked up. Said it had real big eyes. He's trying to get more info for me but the guy was so scared he dropped his shotgun and ran back to the truck. See what all I can find out. LOVE for it to be on on some land I can check out

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 3:33 PM
from IP address 74.240.7.191

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Probably won't get much out of him Don....

by Timberghost

If he was stupid enough to throw his gun down and run....I reckon that weapon was just extra weight wink.gif

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 5:21 PM
from IP address 67.142.168.141

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You got that right!

by SAsquatcher

I would have had a death grip on that rascal, and when I ran out of shells, I would have used that sucker as a club,,lol!

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 9:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No Doubt SAsquatcher!

by

Anyone else around would have thought they heard machine gun fire if it would have been me! Thay guy may as well have thrown the gun at the BF. Maybe he thought it was a haint!

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 6:32 AM
from IP address 75.106.19.222

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Might not get any more but

by DonDon

I'm dang sure gonna try. It's just a little over an hour from the house. Trying to get his phone number now and SHOULD have it tomorrow

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 7:17 AM
from IP address 74.240.7.191

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I did not know that about the P&G film.

by Geronimo

I was watching that other "bigfoot show" on the Animal Planet channel where they returned to the Bluff creek Patty siting area with Mr. Gimlin. I was very surprised to see how enclosed that area of the creek was compared to the wide open area the film makes it appear to be. WOW! Patterson & Gimlin were right on top of that animal!

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 9:49 PM
from IP address 108.65.136.137

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I am skeptical

by Crispy

Of anything on that show. He "hadn't been there" since 1967 - but was able to walk straight to the "right spot" through the brush (not even a trail?).........even though everything had changed...?

As with everything else on that show - I say BS.

But my friend, that is simply my opinion. They might well have been right on top of the critter, as that area is mighty dense, but I just find everything on that show hard to believe.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 7:31 AM
from IP address 69.237.68.174

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The FB show...

by Gary-bob

I got that show and all the others burned to dvd.And that was really a small area that the P&G film was shot in,and it was wild how the old camera made the area look biger than what it really was.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 12:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The camera

by Geronimo

made the area look a lot bigger and the animal a lot farther away. That the area had been wiped clean because of the massive flood clearing all of the brush and trees did not help either.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 9:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Habitation

by J

Hmmm, comments???

http://youtu.be/AoFGpN9F42o

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 10:16 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Do you really want to know?

by

I could say a lot, but it would probably be in violation to the message board rules. He has a site called Midnight Walkers, and you can google it. He threatened me in a private message on the BFF and to make a long story short, he doesn't post there anymore. The premise of the threat was that I talked to another member who was planning a trip to North Louisiana to obtain a specimen by lethal force, and this gentleman didn't approve, so he was going to contact the North Louisiana sasquatch by mental telepathy so they would be ready for us and would take us out. So, um....

Oh yeah, he posted videos of invisible BF and audio that you had to turn up, slow down, and practically play backward to hear what was supposedly a BF. I think I heard the same thing when I played my 45 of "Another One Bites the Dust" backward when I was a kid...

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 3:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

To see a Monster...

by Monster Hunter

You have to be in an area where there are Monsters...frame of mind has nothing to do with it...ask hunters, hikers or someone driving the roads...hell...ask me...we baited an area and a person shot one...our frame of mind was harvest at that time...the man in Oregon, CA., or Washington State that claimed he shot not one but two...reckon what his frame of mind was when he pulled the trigger not once but twice...IMHO he's a newbie talking crap wanting to impress someone that he knows something...he doesn't...if he did he would have some over whelming evidence...

Let's see some evidence that everyone will say..."now that's a Monster"...no make belive tales or some jumpy axxed friends that think everything is a BF...

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 6:09 PM
from IP address 74.241.227.252

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by J

"mental telepathy so they would be ready for us" LOL
I wish that would actually work, we could tell them we're bring tea and crumpets then... Boo!

Course, they may see that coming too. Darn.

If they have mental telepathy then there is no point even studying them. Nothing you see, believe, or even think could be trusted.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 8:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Funniest thing

by

was when he posted a night-vision video on the BFF, and everyone was saying how they couldn't see anything in it. The response: the BF were invisible, lololol! In a pic he posted (again through a night vision lens), there was a light colored blur. He said it was the breast of a female sasquatch. I was thinking somebody needs to spend more time at home with his wife/girlfriend and less nights out filming invisible sasquatches and blobs would stop looking like female bodyparts so much!

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 2:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Following in the steps of EB...

by Monster Hunter

Paranormal Monsters...

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 10:45 AM
from IP address 174.253.219.111

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

only mammal that sees UV...

by SasquatchMS

http://io9.com/5805792/reindeer-are-the-only-mammals-that-can-see-ultraviolet-light

well...?how do we know squatch see's it?

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 8:05 PM
from IP address 65.5.214.74

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hmm

by Crispy

"Humans and almost all other mammals could never do this..."

Almost all others? Doesn't sound like "only" reindeer. Sounds like they gave themselves an out if someone calls them on it.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 7:17 AM
from IP address 69.239.105.182

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You have to read the fine print...

by Monster Hunter

"Humans and almost all other mammals could never do this as our lenses just don't let UV through into the eye>"

Key word...almost...

Besides...they're dealing with "known" mammals...I think we suspect these Monsters being able to see UV is the lack of game camera pictures taken over the years...

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 1:19 PM
from IP address 70.153.175.105

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Deer see UV as well

by Crispy

That article is very misleading, for whatever reason - but even the lowly white tail see's UV.

http://www.huntingnet.com/articles/article_detail.aspx?articles_id=579

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 11:04 PM
from IP address 69.239.105.182

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Deer see UV as well

by Monster Hunter

Yes they can...

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 8:24 AM
from IP address 174.253.87.26

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That's why,,,,

by SAsquatcher

Most hunting stores sell detergent with no UV brighteners to wash your hunting clothes in.
That and it is a scent killer as well.
If the Deer (Or whatever it is that you are hunting) can see or hear or smell you, you might as well just sit at home and watch Wild Kingdom!

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 4:14 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hate to bash the article, but.....

by

Whoever wrote it didn't research the primary literature. It is well documented that nocturnal animals see in the UV spectrum. I could attach an entire paper I had to write for one of my wildlife biology classes on here, but just the high points are enough (of course this applies to known animals):
Animals that can see in the dark do not see the same way we do at all. There are several morphological adaptations that make biological night vision possible:

1) The animal has immensely more rods than cones in the retina. Cones are made to detect color, enhance central vision (right in front of the animal) and see in bright light, and the lack of them reduces or takes away the ability of the animal to see in color or see certain colors (usually red). However, rods are made for increasing the ability to see in dim light conditions and greater peripheral vision. In fact, rods are 500 times more light-sensitive than cones. People who hunt at night, especially predator hunters, have known for decades that nocturnal animals cannot easily see red lights, and routinely use them to hunt even very wily and shy animals with. Don't get over zealous, though. Putting a red lens on a 1,000,000 candle power Q-beam is not a good idea, because even though the animals may not be able to detect the red, they can certainly detect the drastic brightness.

2) The animal usually has proportionately large eyes and an iris that is very large, so large in fact that it extends all the way to the eyelids, making the white of the eye not normally visible. In low light conditions, the animal's pupil can enlarge nearly to the size of the iris, allowing in tremendous amounts of available light.

3) Rhodopsin is the chemical that allows night vision, and it is present in the rods. It is less sensitive to red light, further verifying the tolerance of nocturnal animals to red lights and infrared illuminators.

4) The animal has a tissue layer called the tapetum lucidum in the back of the eye that reflects light back through the retina, increasing the amount of light available for it to capture. This tissue is what causes the "eye shine" in nocturnal animals when you shine a light at them.

As I have outlined above, nocturnal animals, due to the structure of the eye, do not see in color or in the red spectrum, including the infrared spectrum.
The are no known animals that can "see" in the infrared spectrum, because it cannot be seen (it is heat), but there are a few that can detect it. Pit vipers are one example. Studies have found that during the day they hunt with their eyes, but at night they use their heat-sensitive pits to detect the body heat of their prey to hunt. Mosquitoes are another example, thought it is thought that they also use pheromones to detect potential prey.
Obviously, we have developed technology, such as FLIR, to convert the heat signatures of infrared into visual images so that we can understand and process them in the same manner that we do with the spectrums that we can see, so we should and do take advantage of that.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 3:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

IR/Flir Device

by J

I think something that would be a good invention would be to take a Gen III and a Flir and combine them. If you could overlay the image of the flir onto the image of the Gen III then you could see the area and have the thermal outline tracing the image...

This way you could get detail and the heat of the creature. Other than for BF'ing I don't know if it would be practical for any other animal though.

You would have a control to increase the IR image or the Flir image or set it to merge or dissolve the two images together. Plus you could have a button to switch between the two. So if you are tracking an animal on the flir, you could turn up the IR and look for detail. Kinda like the dissolve function when editing video, dissolve from one image to another or do a overlay.

You may also be able to do a split screen, one side is thermal and the other is IR. Using 3D technology these images could be merged into a 3D display with the flir image acting as the background and the Gen3 as the foreground. Or reverse it. Like the old 3D glasses use one color with another to simulate 3D.

Of course this would be one expensive piece of equipment but it might be just what BF'ers need. It sure would help tracking a moving animal through thick brush.

To build it you'd have to have good optics and a prism to direct both images into a single stream, then controls to overlay the two images. Perhaps something that would shoot both images to a CCD and you would watch it threw a viewfinder, like on a camcorder. A computer chip would allow you to mix the two images.
Since both images would be identical, coming through the same optics, the mix would be a perfect overlay.

If you could design the Flir where it generates an outline instead of a full heat scan, kinda like a aura around the target, then it would surround the Gen3 image giving you a good idea of it's shape and size, as well as the details inside the Gen3 can see.

Now that would be nice to have in the field! wink.gif
J

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 1:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

If i had the cash...

by SasquatchMs

http://www.opticsplanet.net/atn-fiits-14-thermal-system-with-iit.html

fusion is already at hand

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 3:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ah, well...there ya go. ;) (nt)

by J

nt

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 9:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I saw an AD.

by SAsquatcher

on the ARMY, the military has them but they don't use them to record.

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 3:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

http://www.nightvisionforums.com/phpBB3/index.php

by SasquatchMs

for all your NV needs

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 3:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Whoever came up with the concept for the movie "Predator",,,

by SAsquatcher

Was a GENIUS!
Really, that is what is needed to hunt Monsters!
Think about it, a helmet with a visor unit capable of multiple vision modes starting with thermal integrated into it with a wire that goes down to switch on a forearm mounted control panel and a shoulder mounted gun or cannon.
PURE GENIUS!

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 11:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The only drawback,,,

by SAsquatcher

If it is mounted on your left shoulder, you have to be careful when looking to the right, otherwise you would shoot yourself in the back of the head by mistake,,LOL.
Same thing in reverse as well.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 10:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I like this one!

by SAsquatcher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=bIacRVAHQZ0
I have heard Owls kind of like this one but some of the "calls" definately sound like something trying to mimic an Owl.

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 6:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here's the problem!

by SAsquatcher

I have thought about this for a while now and what is needed is a belt clip audio and or video recorder that will record from any source!
If you have a NV unit that has a video out jack or even a flir unit with one, we need a unit that clips to the belt or fits in a pocket that just by pushing a button will record what we see through the viewer in hi-rez.
I want something that will respond instantly and will record what I see as I see it through whatever is plugged into it, be it just a camcorder or a flir unit or gen III, whatever.
I want it to have both AV and RCA jack connections for both audio and video.
I want it to be able to accommodate up to an 8gb SD ram card for now and bigger as the technology grows!
I don't want to have to fish for the record button either, I want to have it ready so all I have to do is hit a button and start recording high quality video from either a hand held flir or a head mounted NV or whatever!
Does such a technology exist?
Oh yes and by the way, I want it to be relatively inexpensive!

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 12:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The problem Rick...

by Monster Hunter

being inexpensive...

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 10:08 AM
from IP address 70.153.175.254

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Here's the problem!

by SasquatchMS

cheapest thing that can record low light is a Yukon 550 Digital Ranger, it uses digital technology to produce an imagine similar to a gen 2+ or low grade gen 3 ITT tube, they rely on ambient light for a picture (but really only work best w/ half moon or greater) YOU can rig up an IR light, but apparently from all research done these animals see certain wavelengths of IR, while there are different wavelengths available in IR its all but impossible to tell right now which wavelengths these animals pick up on.

THat being said they do produce useable images, and have better contrast in some circumstances than regular NV because they project and image in black and whites (green is best for overall night viewing but has limited contrast capabilites)

http://www.binoculars.com/night-vision/night-vision-monoculars/yukonranger5x42digitalnightvision.cfm

check youtube for demos they arent too shaby

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 12:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Digital NV

by Rummy

I have this one. Works well for viewing an open field or longer range. In the woods the 5 power doesn't work as well. Much to magnafied. Works best with a tripod, watching a specific area. It has a cap that fits over the infared illuminator so it can be completely blocked. With the adjustments you can get a fairly good image. Its not on par with the gen 3 though.

Has a belt operated recorder that you can order also. Also you can use a camcorder with a video input.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 7:59 AM
from IP address 75.121.20.30

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Which one is that? N/T

by SAsquatcher

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 8:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yukon Ranger 5x42mm Digital Night Vision Monoculars

by Rummy

I do not have a recorder. The Night vision has a video output. A recorder was listed when I ordered it several years ago. You can hook it up to any camcorder that has a video input. I have not used this feature.

Had a problem with the optics being loose when I recieved it. Yucon service dept does not respond to issues or customer complaints. Had to figure out the fix without their help. Take this into consideration if you order anything of the Yucon brand.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 9:16 AM
from IP address 75.121.20.30

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is a link to what Rummy is referring to.

by SAsquatcher

http://www.binoculars.com/night-vision/night-vision-monoculars/yukonranger5x42digitalnightvision.cfm

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 9:26 AM
from IP address 173.174.170.120

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is a Youtube link for a demo.

by SAsquatcher

Looks like a pretty good unit for the price.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB51nU8l40g

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 9:38 AM
from IP address 173.174.170.120

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Something like this?

by J

LINK:http://www.pimall.com/nais/rcadvr.html

Or perhaps this?http://www.usbmax.com/view_product_info.cfm?sku=USBG-VCR&categorynames=usb&categoryidds=125

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 8:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There ya go!

by SAsquatcher

Either of those will do nicely!
; )

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 11:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I particularly like this one!

by SAsquatcher

http://www.usbmax.com/view_product_info.cfm?sku=USBG-VCR&categorynames=usb&categoryidds=125
Think about it, if you get a FLIR unit and it has a video out and you run an RCA cable to the recorder, you can capture live thermal video in spite of the recording limitations of the FLIR unit itself, ASSUMING that the FLIR unit will allow you to feed video while it is in viewer mode and has excellent quality playback.
Under those conditions, that would be the way to go!
With a unit like that, you could record your NV or FLIR as you see it on the viewer.
Here is another good unit you may consider in a setup like that.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0039W1GWM/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
OR
http://www.amazon.com/FLIR-i3-Compact-InfraRed-Camera/dp/B004N6QI6M/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_6
OR
http://www.amazon.com/Extech-i5-Thermal-Imaging-Camera/dp/B003B3N60E/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_5
OR even
http://www.amazon.com/i7-Thermal-Imaging-Camera-Resolution/dp/B003V4BE20/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3

It depends on your budget but if they meet the right criteria, you can get a high quality FLIR recording system going for well under $3000.00 easily!

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 12:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Go Pro Hero

by Booniedawg

It's a helmet cam, very compact, not sure about IR but it can utilize an exterior audio device. There are alot of action sport people that use them.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 1:01 AM
from IP address 98.199.31.65

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I thought that I would bring this to the top.

by SAsquatcher

On the subject of Gen III VS Thermal, here is a comparative video.
You be the judge!
http://youtu.be/rAvnMYqj2c0

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MS Article on H.I.S. & Ivory Billed Woodpecker

by J

I've talked to many folks who say they have seen the Ivory Bill down near Stennis, or say they know someone who has.
Here is an interesting article:
http://www.sunherald.com/2011/10/26/3534149/sasquatch-rare-woodpecker-among.html

of course, BF hunters are treated like nuts in the article but there it is.
J

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 3:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey Jay

by DonDon

I know a fella that said he saw one of them Woodpeckers in the Northern end of Ross Barnett about 3 years ago. Said he'd never seen anything like it so he got to looking online to see what kinda wood pecker it was. Sure nuff when he saw a pic on the Ivory billed, that was it. About Stennis and bigfoot, I have a report of one from down there. I'll shoot you a copy of the report the guy gave me on your FB. VERY INTERESTING to say the least

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 7:17 AM
from IP address 74.240.7.120

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It is easy

by MissippiMike

to confuse the Ivory -billed with the Pileated, which while also rare are by no means extinct. The Pileated has a distinct call and I have heard it more than once here outside Byram. I have only seen one twice here on my property in 25 years. They are elusive but if you DO get the chance to see one it looks like something from another time. About the size of a small duck. I saw two chasing each other up and around a pine tree in Vicksburg in 1991. That's the closest I've ever been to one-about 10-15 feet.

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 11:59 PM
from IP address 75.66.229.75

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wood Pecker

by J

Years ago when I lived in Laurel, MS I heard a loud knocking outside. I went out to see if the neighbor was working on his house. When I got outside I found it was a woodpecker. This thing was huge. I remember thinking it was almost as big as a falcon. It banged away on one tree then flew to another and flew off. Loud sucker.

At the time I didn't know what a Ivory Bill was. Years later when the news came out about the sighting in Arkansas I wondered if that may have been the woodpecker I saw. This would have been around 2001.

I have no idea if it was an ivory bill but based on it's size and how it sounded much louder than an average woodpecker I wonder if it could have been. I wish I had taken a photo of it. I could be rich today! LOL

Even if it wasn't an Ivory Bill I bet it would be a world record for a regular woodpecker. :D

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 1:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Unless you are a very serious bird-watcher it is extremely easy to get them confused.nt

by Cindy

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 1:07 PM
from IP address 98.198.245.54

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Except for one thing

by EasTexSteve

Ivory bills were HUGE birds. Much bigger than even the big pileated woodpeckers. We see pileated woodpeckers around here all the time. When I was a kid hunting ducks in the swamps with my granddad, I remember seeing ivory bills. My granddad would point them out to me, and tell me not to accidentally mistake them for a big duck. We always saw them near water.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 9:43 PM
from IP address 98.134.140.208

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ivory bills are a little bit bigger, but not by much...

by Cindy

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/ivory/identifying/step3

I've had pileateds in the yard and they look pretty darn big in person.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 7:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ivory Billed vs. Pileated woodpecker

by Cindy

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 6:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Details

by J

I don't remember any details about the bird, only that it was big. And loud. Loud enough to bring me outside to look. We have plenty of pileated ones here and I've heard them too, the one i saw that day was much bigger.
I guess that's why I remember it, never heard or seen one like that since.
J

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 10:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cool! I hope it was the real thing! That would be so fine! nt

by Cindy

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 7:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mountain Lions rare in Oklahoma.........ha

by Okiebear

http://www.newson6.com/story/15941076/wildlife-department-examines-mountain-lion-found-in-minco

Friend saw one out by my house a month ago.... Just because people are not reporting them does not mean they are not there.....

OB

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 9:38 AM
from IP address 129.244.24.79

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kinda like Mississippi

by DonDon

they say they're not around but the Wildlife officers at the place we have the campout all said they'd seen them in the area we were at OFF THE RECORD lol

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 12:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Same story

by

I have a friend who is a wildlife officer down here in South MS, and he says they know cougars are here "off the record", but that the official stance is that they are extinct in MS.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 6:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I wonder what happens when,,,,,,,

by SAsquatcher

They attack and kill or seriously injure you, or one of your kids, or friends, or family members, or something?
Is that "off the record" too?
It sounds to me like in the interest of public safety, they need to set the record straight!

To me, that is just further proof that the government tells these departments to lie to us because in the words of Jack Nicholson in their opinion "We can't handle the truth".

I don't know about some of you guys but I get sick to death of being told "There ain't no such thing as "Monsters"", when I know damn good and well that there are and they are in my area!
"Monsters" being either Bears, or big cats or Bigfoot, or any combination of the 3 or even a big gator or so!

If there are potentially dangerous animals in the area, the public has a right to know so that they can take appropriate steps to either stay out of harms way or defend themselves and, or, their friends and loved ones!

I get sick to death of people who are getting paid by my tax dollars,spoon feeding me Bull***t and calling it shineola!

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 11:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yep

by MissippiMike

I have strongly suspected that they were around for years, now I'm sure of it. I know a guy who hunts Port Gibson's surrounding arreas for deer each year and he SWEARS that he sees them occasionally.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 7:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey Don

by MissippiMike

What was the guy's name who went out with us that night from north Louisiana? He was kinda quiet and had a beard.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 7:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Beard?

by DonDon

Had to be Rogan man. He don;t say much, he's real quiet and UGLY, that why he has the beard. BWAAA HAHAHAHA. He's a good ole boy Mike. Good fella and a good friend

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 7:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Several hunters south of me...

by Monster Hunter

have reported seeing cougars this year...one man, I think Michael was with me, claimed he saw a black panther cross in front of his car some months back...

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 3:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes, I was there...

by Timberghost

And told the man I had seen several big black cats here in Oklahoma....

We also get a lot of reports of sightings of ugly people with beards too wink.gif

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 4:40 PM
from IP address 67.142.168.143

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I couldn't remember

by MissippiMike

what he went by on here-he told me Im sure but I can't remember...

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 11:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Got a problem with this Saturday

by DonDon

and not sure what to do. Just went on the MDWFP website and starting this Saturday, it's YOUTH GU HUNTING on all wildlife management areas as well as on private lands. I don't mind going to a management area when it's bow season but kids and guns kinda spook me ALOT. Really not sure what to do right now. Thoughts?

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 8:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

no problems here

by woodswatcher

under 16 they have to have a chaperone and all have to have a hunters safety card.

wear orange if you are concerned.

youth hunt with guns for about 3.5 weeks in Oklahoma and accidents are very rare. I would be more concerned with adults from the big city and the boozers.

a majority of accidents involve people over the age of 18.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 3:20 PM
from IP address 70.184.248.252

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not all NF are ...

by

Many management areas do not contain the entire National Forest that they are in (if that is where they are located). For example, much of the DeSoto National Forest here in the SE part of the state is NOT in the Red Creek Management Area, and is not subject to the early youth season. Check the management area maps where you are, and the NF map (can check it out online) and see if it is all withing the management area.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 6:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh, I know

by DonDon

this area is slap dab in the middle of a WMA though

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 7:14 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

stay away for a while

by woodswatcher

just let the deer hunters have it for a few days then.
my 2 cents.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 12:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Haven'ty checked the seasons and how they break down but

by DonDon

I HOPE there's another Archery only season here. I don;t mind a bow cause folks have to get a clear look at what they're shooting at. Folks around these parts, are.
what's that? BAMMMM,, did I hit it? What was it? OH HECK, you shot Billy Bob in the head, Joe Dan. Emy Sue's gonna be PO'd at you. LOL

I just don't walk to woods when it's gun season any more

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 1:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sorry Don

by J

Sorry Don, didn't make it to the woods. sad.gif

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 8:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

we rode all through the national forest

by dondon

Just scoping the new area we were in..guess we coveted 20-25.miles of backroads. They had all the good deadend.roads blocked off or id have tried the new 4WD squatch mobile out lmbo

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 8:06 AM
from IP address 66.175.172.232

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Got a problem with this Saturday

by Sasquatchms

i been runing around in the woods during all kinds of seasons fully camo'd never been shot..ithink your more likely to get in a car crash then get shot, helps if you wear orange or course, even if I was drunk looking through a scope I could tell a orange something from a deer looking something. Course you could go out in camo also drinking and things would be square.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 10:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Carson, you really need to be more careful

by DonDon

Folks get stewpit during hunting season. Add in some of the folks that'll be hunting by themselves will be 8-10 years old and you're setting yourself up to get hurt. I've had friends that got shot before so I'm skidish. Not fun seeing your bud laying in a hospital bed with a gun shot to the stomach cause they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nothing to do with drinking, just some folks weren't taught to make sure what you're shooting at before you pull the trigger

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 7:05 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Those are called,

by Grumpy

Don those are called 'Brush Shots'..... I heard something in the Brush so I shot...... and yes their are hunters out there with that mentality.......

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:22 AM
from IP address 74.232.181.170

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

TO MANY of them Bob

by DonDon

I grew up hunting the woods we went out in and LOTS of those Idiots in that neck of the woods. Remember that this is backwoods Mississippi. Folks there aren't like the folks in the cites. Good ole folks but some just don;t care and will shoot anything that moves. Ask a bud of mine how he felt about getting buckshot in the rear end that time. Heck, I've been shot a couple times form idiots in a dove field. may be just birdshot but it stings real bad

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Brush shots?...

by Monster Hunter

Personally I like to take those sound shots...hear something then shoot in the direction...keeps the hunters loose and away from my hunting area...

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 3:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Jim

by dondon

You are sooooooo bad.brotha.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 4:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I know one other,,,

by SAsquatcher

Fella that has taken a brush shot too, and under the circumstances, I don't blame him 1 bit!

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 7:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

frowns on this crazy talk

by Lil' Man

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:38 PM
from IP address 70.185.222.39

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

lol nt

by Cindy

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 9:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

He's ready ain't he...

by Monster Hunter

That's exactly how I raised my boys...put them in the woods, keep them busy in sports and whip that axx when they need it...there were not any time outs...go stand in a corner or take things away...I'm a firm believer in spare the rod and spoil the child...my three oldest are educated, independent, with good jobs other then Jake who is now a Junior at Centenary College...wants to be a geologist...worked this past summer for a company and loved it...

Keep a close eye on your children...be involved with them no matter if it's sports, band, drama team or cheerleader...guarantee you'll reap what you sew in your children...

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 10:07 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Geology is a worthy profession and career.............n/t

by Cindy

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 12:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is a good deal.

by SAsquatcher

And it takes pics too!
Only $1.195
http://www.thermalimagingpros.com/products/3752/

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 4:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Bobby Hamilton

by Surveyor

Much respect for setting aside the month of November to honor your dad's memory. I hope you are able to relive some of the things you did together with him to carry on his memory for years to come

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 5:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I did not know this.

by Jim Keegan

I am sorry for your loss, Bobby. I lost my Mom to cancer 22 years ago and it was hard. Lost my best friend.

I find happiness in the thought that they would want me to go forward and have a happy life.

One day....we will see each other again in Heaven and smile....knowing that the big fuss was over nothing.

"Dying is easy.....living is the hard part."

~Jim Keegan 1998

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 5:52 PM
from IP address 72.192.45.30

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Let's get the new people on board with Night Vision.

by Jim Keegan

3 types.

Thermal: In my opinion, the best there is as long as your target is a mammal and is warm blooded. Elements of this type stick out like a sore thumb on the viewfinder. The system is passive and receives low frequency light images not detectable by the human eye.

IR: This version requires a broadcast of low frequency light that is then received by the amplifier the person wears. No IR light...no vision. This is old ARMY stuff, not used much anymore except in nightime driving in combat condidtions.

Starlite: In this application the person wears a passive receiver on their head (Or scope when gun mounted) and sees an amplified image of the general star light that the Moon or Stars projects light on. First introduced in Viet Nam it is a pain in the *** to wear as there is no depth perception......but you can see the trees that move..and in combat, the trees that move have rifles.

So in closing, FLIR (Forward Looking Ifra Red)is the best choice....as long as our target is a warm blooded creature.

Bo

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 9:47 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

my beef w/ thermal IMO

by SasquatchmS

1. Price , to achieve a good quality image prices wont run under 4K and i mean GOOD imagine, true some of the lesser decked out products will show a heat source, but not w/o highly distorted image.

features that require a PREMIUM :

+ above 30hz
+320x240 uncooled microbolometer (and it gets even more pricy as the pixel rate increase)
+zoom feature that does not reduce pixel quality ( if you had a 640x480 resolution @ 2x magnification its reduced to 320x240, and @ 4x magnification its 160x120 which translated means youll basically be filming a blob if its out past 200meters and thats IF your device can zoom that far...otherwise itll still be just a blob. and when you raise your head to look in the direction if the subject is close then your natural night vision is automatically killed from looking at a screen)
+19mm lense or better
+ things like spectral response sensativity, and NTSC or PAL options.

other features drive up price even further, not to mention the fact that yes you might see a heat source, but if its a BF itll definitly see a light source from whatever screen your looking at, then from all previous thermal footage they just run off and your left w/ a blob (if youve managed to buy a thermal w/ video recording capabilities)

If you want superb image quality and not just "oh wow I see something" youve gotta be prepared to spend at least 7K+ and even that is on the lower end of the spectrum as far as thermal capabilities go.

I pesonally prefer a High end Gen 3 OmniVII tube pvs14 w/ a manual gain control. these devices only need starlight to provide amazing images. With the addition of optional filter lenses you can really bring out the contrast of the landscape. If these guys see IR, a super duper gen 3 will allow you not only navigation, but sight as well in dark growth forests or whatnot. Over cast sky even w/ starlight above it will provide some useable image. I've gotta camera that accepts Astroscopes, which is basically an IIT tube stuck between the camera and the lense, so buying one of those would allow 35mm digital film thru one of those tubes which would yield a far better result inside of 200 yards w/o moon light, and if I had a full moon or half moon...watch out!

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 7:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You are not a Grunt.

by Jim Keegan

Lessons learned.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 7:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

gen 3's

by DonDon

I had one for a couple of years and YEH, when there's ambiant light, you can see a long ways in an open field. I could actually see some small critter (coon based on it's movements) across a small lake at about 100 yards.

In the woods is a different story. You can see a good ways if you've got scattered timber and no thin underbrush when the moon is up but once that moon sets and you're using just star light, things get grainy.
It's very difficult to make out good details at maybe 30 yards or so. Anything past that and it's a best guess on what you're seeing.

If somethings out behind a bush past 30 yards and moving slowly, you'll never see it. I sat out a many a night using them so I can speak from expierance.

Gen 3's are best if you're walking out in an open pasture or in a Hardwood bottom that's been cleared. I will say though that it was fun walking around at night with them strapped to my head. I could sneak up on Nessa and scare the crap out of her LOL

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 7:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I will relate a little story.

by SAsquatcher

And Don, I'm sure you heard this one.

We put one of out researchers up on a stand one night down near the bottoms in an area where Jim used to feed by pouring corn feed on the ground in a pile.
Well to make a long story short, the guy said he kept hearing sounds around the food plot and so he kept panning around with his gen 3 rifle scope but saw nothing, he did this till his batteries wore out and so he had also brought a hand held flir unit and decided to pan around with that a while, at which point he saw 4 of these little monsters playing around with either and one of them even ran a raccoon away from the food plot.
He watched them till they moved on and when we went and picked him up, I'll never forget the look on his face when he came off the stand and I asked him "Did you see anything"?.

The GEN III wouldn't cut the mustard back in those bottoms back in the day and still won't under a heavy canopy of trees and still won't, and once you turn the IR emitters on to assist, well you might as well just be carrying a big flashlight.
Thermal is the only thing that will allow you to see anything at all in dark woods at night without tipping off the monsters that you are there!

If you need more convincing, check this out!
http://youtu.be/rAvnMYqj2c0

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 12:21 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I was hoping to keep it simple.....lol..nt

by Jim Keegan

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 9:10 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Night Vision

by

With Gen 3 or any night vision (not FLIR) just like Don said, you aren't going to see very well in a dark area without starlight. You can attach an infrared illuminator, and it will help tremendously (it will actually look like you are lighting up the place with a flashlight through the scope). When a full moon is out, unless you are under a lot of canopy, you don't need night vision. Heck, I can even see in color on moonlight nights. It must be in my sasquatch blood from a few generations back.....lol

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 5:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Dang!

by MissippiMike

I gues I'm just not that "prepared!" Can't and won't afford that, regardless.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 7:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

To use IR...

by Monster Hunter

You can take a Gen 1 using an IR spotlight and it's as clear as any gen any number...NV is okay for the road dogs but ain't worth a pinch of monkey sxxx in a thicket...if you have ever used Gen III you know for a fact it's useless in a thicket or under a heavy canopy...useless...this is from experience...rather have a flash light then NV in these thickets and a flash light is useless in thickets at any distance...all you get is light reflection...now you know why I take sound shots...LOL...

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 3:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Im sorry I haven't been around for a while

by Rob Anderson

I finally got my self back together and have been busy trying to hunt some deer down back. I have been noticing that my dog when I walk her down in the back forty has been looking in one direction and starting to growl as if she was picking up on my little furry friends.I haven't noticed any tracks but there has been some subtle vocal calls during the summer that was out of the ordinary. Mimicing dogs and some coyete calls. This hasn't spooked the deer but I noticed they are a little more weary not because of the bow hunters but something trailing them every time they are moving in groups.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 8:38 AM
from IP address 198.109.219.254

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Bring a pocket recorder with ya and make a tape

by Jim Keegan

people here will tell ya what is makin those sounds.

Bo

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 5:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Keep in mind about Rhode Island

by Jim Keegan

It covers only 1000 square miles and has a population of over 1 million.

So there is basiacally 1000 people per square mile.

No room for BF...LOL

Bo

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 8:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ATTENTION JIM KEEGAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Lone Wolf

Get out there and solve this thing once and for all!

http://woonsocket.patch.com/articles/big-rhodey

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 10:55 PM
from IP address 66.27.31.59

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ok..let solve this with a few questions.

by Jim Keegan

1) Who has the most intellligence in RI?

2) Who has been involved in this thing for 40 years.

3) Who are you going to listen to when it comes to BF in RI?

Trust me....No bf here. Alot of Wishful thinkers....but thats it.

~"The day will come when we see them in everyones backyard."

~Jim Keegan 1992

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 8:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

JK, I hope your right about them being in every backyard becuz...

by

my trail cam is READY! YEE HAW!

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 2:24 PM
from IP address 96.254.3.232

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cmon Jimbo

by Lone Wolf

There's got to be a zoobie or two in RI.

I read it on the internet, it must be true......

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 2:59 PM
from IP address 66.121.210.145

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh Brother!

by SAsquatcher

You don't like to toot your own horn do you Jimbo?
That is what I have always liked about you is your HUMILITY,,LOL!

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 10:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I found your brand Jimbo!

by SAsquatcher

[linked image]

LOL!
Just kidding bro!

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 11:09 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ATTENTION JIM KEEGAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Lone Wolf

No excuses Jim, get out there and solve this thing once and for all!

http://woonsocket.patch.com/articles/big-rhodey

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 10:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There ya go Jimbo.

by SAsquatcher

Make the jump,,from "Instigator" to INVESTIGATOR!

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 11:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh Rick....you wonder why I love ya so much...

by Jim Keegan

Just for you I will go to Cumberland (10 minute drive) and take some photo's and talk to some people and post my results here.

Then I put the "Instigator" hat back on.

LOL...Bo

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 9:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Very good!

by SAsquatcher

I hope you get growled at or something,,LOL.
Really, the first time that happened to me ,,I LOVED it.
You should get on down to CT and NY state as well, there are a lot of reports out of the Adirondack area.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 7:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sorry Jimbo.

by SAsquatcher

That response was a little rough to post.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 4:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Rick...you never have to apoligize to me.

by Jim Keegan

We are "Old School" and go way back to the day.

The days of EB are over and we can say whatever we want to whoever we want....including me.

No foul, no fine bro.

Stll love ya, always will.

Bo

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 8:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

One thing you may not know Jimbo!

by SAsquatcher

In the past 10 years since I have been coming around on the forum and researching, I have had 2 full body sightings, and I KNOW that the critters I saw were Bigfoot creatures and not a bear or a guy in a suit.
All I am saying is "Seek and you shall find".

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 8:51 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Maybe Jimbo is

by Lone Wolf

dare I say it, scared????? LOL

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 8:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by Jim Keegan

If there were a BF in Cumberland I would have had em by now.

No BF in RI

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 8:10 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Use present day technology to your advantage.

by Jim Keegan

There is tons of it out there...with a good software writer (C+ or C++) or better, you can create a system that can see a frog fart.

Dedication, which I don't need to talk about concerning the old timers here, is what it will take. I see this same hunger in today's young people getting involved in this "Thing of ours".

In the words of Bobby H..."If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and acts like a duck......guess what?.....you got a duck."

If it is there, you will find it.

If it is not..................................

Then I made alot of wonderful friends.

Bo

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 11:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

+1

by

to the last 2 lines you wrote. My sentiments exactly, which means you can't go wrong with monster hunting!

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 5:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

One thing that I know that it is Jimbo,,,,

by SAsquatcher

It most definitely IS THERE!

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 10:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey you Mississippi.folks

by DonDon

Get ahold of me. Time to hot the woods again

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 6:13 PM
from IP address 66.175.172.246

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hot the woods??

by SAsquatcher

You'd better watch them burn bans Don,,,LOL.
I knew you meant HIT.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 7:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

When, Where, How Much??? :D (nt)

by J

nt

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 7:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh hush Rick

by DonDOn

I still spell better than Scott LOL

Jay, check your messages on Facebook

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 6:30 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Don you bring in a monkey.......

by Jim Keegan

Aint no one gonna care if you can even spell yer name.

Good luck bro, stay safe.

Bo

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 11:20 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

jim k. if the situation is right

by dondon

We will. Just going looking though but Im GCBRO n I aint skeert lol

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 7:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Hey you Mississippi.folks

by SasquatchMS

I forgot if you had my e-mal, Crsnhppr@aol.com

let me know what your thinkin

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 11:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ill shoot ya a email

by dondon

Tims already on board

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 7:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Hey you Mississippi.folks

by

So, when are you coming down South? I'm about all healed up I think!

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 9:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'll be on the coast at thanksgiving

by DonDon

in Biloxi. We'll fish during the day and gonna hit a couple spots down there at night

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 7:07 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Im ready

by MissippiMike

I would go by myself more if I knew a few more places TO go.

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 12:10 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just received a phone call...

by Monster Hunter

A man wearing an open jacket with a hood, hood over the head, with dark pants and a lighter colored shirt is seen looking at this person about 30 yards away...she gets her camera...she is on her back porch facing towards a thicket...takes several pictures but there is nothing in the pictures...she said she didn't see this person walk away but she said she must have blinked because it vanished...just disappeared...she also said she hollered at this person without getting a response...

I asked did she see a rifle, gun or bow thinking it was a hunter...she said he didn't have anything in his hands...BTW...this is in a rural area where there could be hunters possibly...

I was taking notes as she was relating the story and think I have this told correctly...

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 2:47 PM
from IP address 70.153.183.43

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Happy Frikin Halloween

by Jim Keegan

Don't dress up as Bigfoot or you might get shot! (Especially down south...lol)

Stay well...Hello to all and I miss ya.

Bo

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 11:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I've got my Trick or Treat costume...

by Monster Hunter

Going as an old man with bad knees...

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 2:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Have mine too....

by Timberghost

Gonna put a potato between my legs and go as a dictator....

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 4:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

OUCH!!!

by Mr. Phel[ps

Two shows a night, tip your waitresses LOL

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 9:42 AM
from IP address 65.126.117.180

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh My God!....what happened to our SOX Jim

by Jim Keegan

9 games ahead with a 27 game list and we blow it all.....Ya think somthing like this would happen in August.

We just love to lose...gives us something to talk about all winter long.

Hope all are well

Bo

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 11:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sox crashed like wall street during the depression...

by Monster Hunter

Lack of pitching killed them Jim...Wakefield a starter...Really...

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 5:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nail on the head, bro.

by Jim Keegan

The pitching we were suppposed to have never showed up. All of them decided to have off years at the same time.

Only us....LOL

I'm used to it ...LOLOLOLOLOL

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 5:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Lone Wolf to the Red Phone please

by woodswatcher

LW,

I lost your email. please give me a shout. one of the mods can give you my email.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 6:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picked up the red phone...........

by Lone Wolf

Jim or Rick can give you my e-mail.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 9:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Gautier Mississippi Area

by

The family & I just returned from that area, playing on the beach & gator ranch & such. Many reports from this area? I was impressed by the thickness of the swampy areas.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 9:09 PM
from IP address 71.228.210.21

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There's a few in the Database

by DonDon

We're going down thanksgiving for a few days to Biloxi and gonna do a little investigating while we're there. Here's a listing of the counties and number of reports in the database alone. Just remember that a very small ammount of encounters actually get reported.
Jackson - 0
Harrison - 7
Hancock - 1
George - 0
Stone - 5
Perry - 1
Forrest - 6
Greene - 1

Those are just the bottom 3 rows of counties across the coast.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 6:28 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

for those of you following this topic:

by SasquatchMs

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2011/10/this-talk-by-david-paulides-about.html

As always I take everything w/ a grain of salt. However, the implications of the claims if proven true, this could turn the theory of modern man on its back and re-write what we know about mankind. Of all the BF theories this is kinda my favorite as I like things that challenge the status quo, but not in a conspiracy way, just a regular "rewrite" if we could ever allows ourselves as a species/society to accept the truth.

fun stuff..I also hope to have a gen 3 NV device within a few months happy.gif

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 8:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Take a look at these;

by Grumpy

If I were you I'd take a look at these instead of Gen 3;
http://www.atncorp.com/atn-nightvision-thermal-flir-scout-ts24-240x180-monocular
http://www.atncorp.com/flir-scout-ps24-thermal-monocular

IMO FLIR is the way to go when in the woods either day or night, many of our researchers have found Gen 3 is great but has many disadvantages.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 10:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Gen 2+ NV

by Grumpy

Also for those of you using Gen 2+ scopes I've found my green headlamp I wear greatly improves the viewing of gen 2 scopes and doesn't screw up night vision, I've also found it shows/reflects eye shine better and doesn't disturb the critters, until I can afford one of those new FLIR scopes the green headlamps make the gen 2+ usable much farther than the scope alone.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 10:57 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There ya go,,,,

by SAsquatcher

Good price for them too.
I agree 100%, thermal is the way to go, Gen 3 requires IR emitters which I truly believe the monsters can see, but thermal just sees heat.
That is on my wish list as well.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 10:57 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

these gen 3's

by Sasquatchms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXiGXcH9wtk&feature=related

not some gen 3's depends on the tube design, terminology is "omni" early gen 3's they went back and forth on designs and whatnot, wether or not they were autogated, filmed , or filmless,or thin filmed. the Pvs14 in the video is an OMNI V+ design, the current highest end a person can buy is an OMNI VII I believe, they have a manual gain control which allows the light transmission to the eye to be increased or deceased. Now the hot deal are the PVS14's w/ MX10160C tubes w/ a Signal to Noise ratio of usually higher than 29(most over 30) and the resolution is the highest to date other than the experimental Gen 4 tubes that the military passed on due to being unreliable.

Anyways heres the manufact of the Gen 3's that run the OMNI VII's Ill be attempting to purchase, and what wonderful is that they do not need additional IR lights to be super effective examples are located here:

http://www.nightvisionforums.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5922

scroll down to the clearest picture of the forest's labels will be on the types of tubes available to the public and those images are W/O IR ILLUMINATION!. And here is a link to a device that has the capabilites (mind of course I'd be opting for the "hand select" tube to get the highest resolution and S/N Ratio :

http://www.tnvc.com/shop/pvs-14-night-enforcer-gen3-pinnacle-night-vision-monocular/

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 11:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

those gen 3's

by Grumpy

Are still dependent on available light and will NOT penetrate thick brush in total darkness with no moon, many of our hunters have had the best Gen 3 untra's out there and now know FLIR is the way to go, it can also be used day or night to show heat signatures..... if it was my money it'd go with FLIR for research. But then I've seen the difference between the two at night in almost total darkness with no moon.....

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 12:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You're right Bob,,

by SAsquatcher

FLIR doesn't depend on light at all but heat.
Wherever there is a heat or cold source, there is an image.
I remember when I was checking out Tommy's FLIR,I stood in one spot for a few minutes and backed up a few steps and looked down with the unit and could see my ghostly footprint glow where my heat off my feet had transferred into the ground.
Along that principle as well you can see where an animal has bedded down recently if you happen to jump one up as well.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 8:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Gen 3's

by DonDon

I sure hated to get rid of mine BUT I think in the long run, I'll be better off. They were ambiant light dependant and you couldn't see into the brush.

I never turned my IR on when using them though cause I know the creatures can see it, so they may not be as effective as they could be.

I found out first hand how bright that IR is. Can't remember who all was with me and Nessa but I know Bob was, think Darrell was with us as well. We'd been sitting out and with the strong winds blowing the tree tops, we couldn't hear a thing so we decided to pack it in.

On the way back, I was leading the group back since I had my gen 3's on my head and we wanted to ease back in darkness. Well, we round a bend in the road and I saw what I thought were car headlights through my gen 3's. I took them off and HEY, there isn't a light. Put them back on and there they are again. Turns out that Sam (Bittermonk) and his wife we sitting out and had a IR recorder going. Through the gen 3's, the IR light looks like a cars headlights. Learned alot about IR that night.

My next purchase will be thermals. Word to the wise, instead of buying what you can afford today, wait a few months and get with you want or you'll be buying, selling and buying again. It'll cost you more money in the long run.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 6:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Don't forget Re-Bait.......

by Grumpy

Aka; Rachel, she was tagging along that night.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 9:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

yeh she was

by DonDon

Girls a tough cookie

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 10:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just did a comparison of both types

by D. Fisher

Ater that night and trip I was so impressed with the Gen 3 night vision, I purchased and mounted a Gen 2+ scope on a AR15 for night time varmints.

A friend of mine bought a thermal monocular last week. We went out and set up on a bluff over looking a clearing with a tree lined creek as the background. Called up a yote I could see it plain as day in the clearing and lost it in the tree line brush, my friend was able to follow it with the thermal inside the tree line and told me the yote was coming back out about 15 yards to my left from where it entered the trees and sure enough it did, said he only lost its heat signature for about 5 seconds in the trees. I never saw it at all when it entered the trees.

My next purchase will be thermal it out performed the IR night vision, although the night vision worked as it was designed to work, but they do have limits.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 4:15 PM
from IP address 66.143.194.197

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Up close and personal

by Grumpy

And since most of our work at night is up close and personal FLIR gives us the ability to locate and somewhat identify, then move within the range that small high intensity weapons mounted lights are all that's needed for ID and illumination. Also IMO the range we work within at night makes the usual hunting scopes useless unless they are low power or the new reflex image dot systems.

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 9:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good points Grumpy..

by D. Fisher

This is what we were using,
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/815868-REG/FLIR_TIMNRM1864IR_Recon_M18_w_IR_Laser.html

And distance was difficult to tell since it signatures everything not much depth dimension on the screen. When the subject was within 15-20 yards you could tell exactly what it was.

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 4:38 PM
from IP address 66.143.194.197

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I like this

by Jim Keegan

The man did a perfectly edge to edge comparison study on both pieces and presented his results.

Let's see more of this in BFR generally.

Bo

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 11:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

FLIR Scopes

by Grumpy

My original thoughts were to buy the upgraded scope, the first one in the post, since it used AA batteries rather than an installed rechargeable, witch I hate, But got to checking and the basic unit can have it's life extended in the field by using a field battery charger to recharge it, they are fairly cheap and light weight if needed. The $1000 less for the cheaper unit, which is the same unit other than batteries and temp operating range, makes this affordable, and I have talked with and know someone who has one and states it does work as advertised...... Now if work would only pick up again so I can start saving my pennies.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 11:07 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hang in there Grumpy!

by Jim Keegan

It can only get better.

Jimbo

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 6:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I agree Jimbo,

by Grumpy

Just two years ago the lowest price found on FLIR was around $12000.00 and now $1900.00. Maybe by next year, if we are not fighting each other for food and shelter, we might find some for under $1000. Only problem is, old Vets like Jim and I are getting older faster than the prices drop.....I hope they start making an all-terrain Hoveround........

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 6:57 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Old Vets...touches my heart.

by Jim Keegan

God bless , bro...Me and Jim have talk in lenght about the days of old when we wore green.

I missed Nam by a few years, but it was ok as MH was over there kickin butt for me.

Fort Benning 1980 A71 and then I went to Germany with Bco 1st Bn 3rd INF Div...the Audie Murphy Company. Got my EIB in 81.

The cold war....lol...You never forget the sound of a bullet whizzing by your ear knowing it was meant for your head.

Keep rockin , bro

Jim

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 9:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Grumps, can you get a Russian surplus thermal imaging rifle scope?

by Cindy

Can you get a flir rifle scope? Russian wouldn'r be as nice as flir, but I expect it would be functional. If Bought something like that, I would really like it rifle mountable.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 4:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Rifle scopes

by Grumpy

Cindy, one problem with flir is depth of field or distance, the flir units I've looked through give you no distance judgement, IMO flir should not be used for firearms but rather for locating temperature changes within an area day or night, plus carrying a weapon around during non hunting season(s) is not advised unless on private property, especially a high powered firearm, fish and wildlife officers can and probably will confiscate your weapons, vehicle and anything else they can. I'm sure the Military has combo night vision/flir scopes but nothing available to the general public. Also most flir units are not in scope shape but more like cameras or small/medium hand held units with screens.

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 9:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Starlite is available to the public

by Jim Keegan

but also has it's disadvantages.

It's basically a light amplifier, using the existing night time star light.

1) As said above, distance is hard to judge.

2) Wearing it too long gives you a "Sand in the eyes" feeling.

3) Everything is green and black.

Once again, as said above, FLIR gives you a heads up that something doesn't belong there and IMO is the best tool to use in BFR.

Bo

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 9:28 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Those are great for Zombie hunting.....

by Jim Keegan

But no one believes they exist, either.

Oh well.

Bo

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 11:22 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not really Jimbo.

by SAsquatcher

Being that Zombies are dead, they don't give off heat!
Think about it.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 6:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Found these Wednesday....

by Timberghost

I checked on the pond after we got a little rain to see if it gathered any water. I ran across two impressions which I believe to be both left and right foot impressions. Two were all I found and it looked like it came down a wash close to the pond and went back the same way... Just guessing but estimate them at around fourteen inches long but slim at around five inches wide...

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 6:20 AM
from IP address 67.142.168.140

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Very COOL!

by SAsquatcher

Thanks for sharing Michael.

Do you think that maybe when you only find 2 tracks like that, that maybe the animal came in quadrupedal and took a couple of steps bipedally or is the ground just too hard away from the pond to get a good track?

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 7:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Do you think it came for a drink or...

by Monster Hunter

just nosey checking the pond out since you had the pond dug out?...

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 7:57 AM
from IP address 65.0.56.214

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think...

by Timberghost

It just came to snoop around. Maybe to see if it had water yet? Looked like it just stopped at the rim and didn't go on down because it's softer down by the little water that is there and I saw nothing. I think I only found two because it probably came in 4x4 and stood upright at the rim of the pond. Plus when it left it went out in a wash where most of the water comes in..

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 8:45 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Pretty kewl Mike

by DonDon

Dang nosey critters. LOL

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 6:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Water

by Mr. Phelps

You know I'm wondering whether the extreme drought has scattered these animals to any extent, or has it brought them closer together crossing territories where water is found?

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 8:07 AM
from IP address 65.126.117.180

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good question...

by Monster Hunter

Several areas I know there are Monsters the nearest water I know of is several miles away...of course there could be a spring or pond I'm not aware of...we've had some rain but it's still extremely dry...

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 6:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just walked in the door a few minutes ago...

by Monster Hunter

I talked to a man who had pictures of eyes...large eyes about, depending on distance from the camera, eight to nine inches apart...smaller set about six inches apart...not huge but a reddish tint watching deer eating at his food plot...where these eyes were "standing" is in his estimate a drop off of six to seven feet...looked Monster to me not because of the size of eyes but the distance between them...yes I did see his photos caught on a game camera...

Man has heard the bionic bird early AM going to the stand...bow season has been open here for several weeks...one night walking out he had something shadow him almost to his truck...he would stop and it would stop...spooked him pretty good so he walked backwards to his truck down a sandy road...this area is less then 2 miles from where we have Monster pictures...

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 7:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Crying baby...

by Monster Hunter

A couple sitting on the back porch of one of my contacts reported hearing a crying baby coming from the pine thicket...a lady that deer hunted with us at MC also claimed she would hear a crying baby but not any of the men hunters have heard this...

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 7:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Interesting observation.

by SAsquatcher

Do you remember her saying rather or not it was that particular time of month or not or did the conversation go in that direction?
I know that is a touchy subject with some and not really the sort of thing that you just blurt out and ask somebody, but in the interest of an investigation it should probably be.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 8:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I did ask Rick...

by Monsterr Hunter

No she wasn't...

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 4:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I've heard it before myself....

by Timberghost

and have a weird version of it recorded...

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 8:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think Tim may have heard it here before...

by Monster Hunter

If I remember he crawled down from the stand that over looked a clear cut...from the stand you could see the complete section cut...he walked down the south side dim road towards the creek when something screamed at him from this clear cut...the area he was in he said he could see a cross this cut and couldn't understand how something could scream at him and not see it...

If you want maybe you can share that weird cry for us on the forum...if not...you know I understand...

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 4:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think Rick has it....

by Timberghost

He wanted some recordings to put on the multimedia page so I sent him several.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 5:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I sent,,,

by SAsquatcher

All of that along with the revised page to Bobby.
When he will make the changes I do not know, I know that he's a busy man!

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 6:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I will send,,,

by SAsquatcher

You what I sent to Bobby, Jim.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 6:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Baby Cry!

by Mr. Phelps

One of those years back Jim put myself and Ken G. down that dead end lane just east of the iron bridge. Maybe 45 minutes after dark we hear a horse, which Jim had already told us that no horses were anywhere close, and we may hear one, then, what I described as a rabbit cry, which I can see some folks could say a baby cry, sounded twice, loudly and very clear. We didn't know how far or how close, I think probably between us and the iron bridge, maybe on that north side of that little creek! A few minutes later is when one came from the pine thicket making tracks coming up behind us heading right towards the creek and where the horse and baby cry were coming from earlier. We were set up perfectly right between a possible bedding area and those calls...when we turned to face it...it shut down completely, not to move again. It was pitch black down that lane. No star light or nothing. We gave it another hour at least, wondering who was gonna move first! It won! We moved after a while and headed back to camp. We shined the area but that pine thicket was just too darn thick! Exciting!

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 7:14 PM
from IP address 184.38.39.166

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I occurs to me

by RubyRed

that since these critters DO bear live children that it would not be uncommon to hear babies crying supposing that they carry their young with the group. Right?

happy.gif

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 7:11 PM
from IP address 76.31.46.182

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Heard of alot of noises but

by DonDon

not crying. Bet that'd set the hairs on the back of your neck straight out

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The Minnesota Ice Man.

by SAsquatcher

Check this out.
http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/translation.htm
[linked image]

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 2:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ice Man

by

I was able to view the Ice Man when it was on display at the State Fair in Oklahoma City around 1968 or 69. Standing there and looking down into the block of ice was an experience I will never forget. The details of the body such as hairs, skin coloration, and facial features convinced me that the body had been a living animal at one time.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 2:20 PM
from IP address 66.210.186.171

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It's good to have someones opinion

by DonDon

that actually saw it. Wonder what freezer it's in right now?

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I wonder what ever happened to,,,,,,

by SAsquatcher

Jacko?
For those of you who have never heard of him, here is a link on Bobbie Shorts website.
http://www.bigfootencounters.com/creatures/jacko.htm

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 1:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I've always wondered...

by Monster Hunter

Is this story complete BS or did these men actually capture a live adolescent Monster?...

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 7:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

WOW!

by KJ

Read and at lost for words for the present time. What are the thoughts of you all?

Kel

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 3:48 AM
from IP address 98.81.12.216

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Received this via email...

by Monster Hunter

It is a bit lengthy but may be worth your time to read and by all means comment on...

My Story - How I arrived at this Current Juncture Today:

Are We (You and I) Biased?

How many of you guys would describe yourselves as being unbiased? Well, if you answered yes, that you think that you are unbiased, I would tell you that I would tend to disagree with you. But you might ask, how I can say that, when I might not even know you? Well, I believe that most of us are biased, in our world views and in any and all dogma that we hold near and dear to our hearts. The question really shouldnt be are we biased, but rather if our particular biases are the correct or true biases. In other words do the things that make up our belief systems consist of truth, or fallacies? And maybe more importantly, if undisputable evidence is presented to us, what do we do with that information? Are we open or close-minded to new information? Are we willing to change our bias on various view points, if the evidence dictates change, or are we the type that will not change our viewpoints (we are dogmatic) no matter what evidence is presented to us under the guise and title of being a so-called skeptic? Are you one that is willing to step outside of the proverbial box, or are you one that will die living inside the box (the things that you were taught (from K through college)) of academia land?

Have You ever Heard or Seen?

Have you ever attempted to make a simple plaster of Paris casting of a BF print on a environmentally perfect day, only to come back a couple of hours later to collect your casting and find that it never set up that it was still mushy? And when you attempted to dig it up later, it broke apart into a million pieces?

Have you ever wondered why you cant seem to get any picks Bigfoot on your trail cameras, even though you have baited the area and something has taken the bait? Hmmm, why didnt the creature that took the bait show up on the trail camera? I wonder why?

Do you know of any BF researchers that have attempted to record possible BF vocals, only to review the audio clip later and find that the vocals on the actual recording seemed muffled or were completely muted out on the clip, even though your heard the vocals as clear as day with your own ears or with a headset? Your voice on the recording might have come in loud and clear, but the supposed background BF vocals were nowhere to be found.

Have you ever been trying to record possible BF vocals and all of sudden you heard extremely loud bug chatter sounds right in front of your recording device?

Have you ever been trying to record possible BF vocals and all of sudden you heard highway (cars and trucks or motorcycle) sounds right in front of your recording device? Then you where those sounds came from?

Have you ever experienced completely blank recordings on your digital recorder, even though you know that the record button was turned on while attempting to record sounds? Have you ever heard digital distortions or popping sounds (pop, pop, pop) on your recordings, for no apparent reason when you were in BF country? Have you ever experienced digitally distorted, corrupted or blank files? Have you ever tried to open up one of your files only to get an error message stating something like: cannot read that file format, or unrecognized file format? If not buy a parabolic dish and a digital recorder and start recording sounds in bigfoot country at nighttime.

Have you ever experienced unknown battery drains on your electronic equipment, especially your digital recorders, even during environmentally perfect warn summer nights? Batteries that normally would last hours, are dying in your equipment after 10 or 15 minutes? And then you replace those drained batteries with fresh batteries only to have them die on you 10 or 15 minutes later again?

Do you often see unusually acting craft flying over the skies of your BF hotspot areas?

Have you ever noticed craft with jet engine sounds (real or otherwise) flying directly over your stakeout areas, making tons of noise which has the affect of drowning out the supposed BF vocals that you are attempting to record?

Do you see craft from time to time, that seem to have very unusual landing lights (headlights) that have the ability to rotate and blink (conventional craft dont come equipped with these) and change intensities from super intense (what I call Ball Lightning mode) to barely visible?

Do these same craft seem to be flying in the fields and just over the tree lines, travelling at extremely slow speeds, in all different directions, as if they were searching for something? Do you often see these craft silently moving across the sky, then hover in place, followed by a change of direction before flying off?

Have you ever seen a couple of these crafts sitting motionless in the sky performing what appears to be light data transfer via their blinking landing lights?

Have you noticed that often times when these craft are moving just above the tree line with their landing lights blazing away (Ball Lightning mode), that they dim or shut off their landing lights and turn their red and blue/green anti-collision lights on (what I call Airplane others call Blinkie mode) and fly away, as soon as you stare at that or especially when you point a camera at them?

Have you even seen these same craft drop down from the sky like a rock or shoot into the area like a blue falling star, just before they begin their search patrols? Do you notice that within these BF hotspots that night after night after night you see these blue shooting stars (pseudo stars) darting through the skies, many times in ways or directions that go against the laws of natural physics?

Have you ever gotten into your vehicle a drove on the back country roads around these craft at speeds of between 25 and 45 miles per hour, and discovered that you had circled around the craft and it was still in the middle of the woods? In other words the craft was moving much slower than the 25 to 45 miles per speed that you were traveling and yet it didnt fall from the sky!

Have you ever seen these same craft (8-15 foot long triangular, manta ray-like or diamond shaped (manned/unmanned?)) that I refer to as Dragonflies, seemingly pivot in place, while hovering in the skies?

Have you ever put a telescope on one of these crafts (hint, hint) while they are in their Airplane mode?

Have you ever seen these craft seemingly hovering or slowly flying over some high voltage power lines, seemingly skimming the voltage right out of the lines?

Have you ever seen, or recorded on videos (like I have) a boomerang-like craft or a B2 Stealth Bomber (I call them Patrol Planes silently hovering or flying slowly over the tree line in these BF hotspots areas?

Do you believe (like I do) that there are a lot more than 20 of these B2 Stealth Bomber planes in production?

Have you ever seen (like I have) red or white lights (like flashlights) floating around in the forest as if disassociated with everything else around them?

Have you ever seen (like I have) basketball to beach ball size yellow/orange or green plasma-like fire balls tumble down from the sky and extinguish just before making contact with ground?

Have you ever been in the midst of a stake out in BF country and noticed that the sky in front of you was getting brighter and brighter as if the sky was somehow being artificially illuminated? Have you also noticed this artificially illuminated sky begin to move? I wonder if it was moving as the BF creatures move?

Have you noticed from time to time, especially within these artificially illuminated skies that there will occasional white light flashes, even though there are no thunderstorms anywhere in the area? Hmmm, could these white light flashes have anything to do with controlling the movement of the BF creatures?

Have you ever seen (like I have) pulse jet con trails over the skies of BF country?

Have you ever seen craft ejecting chem. trails across the skies that soon encompass the entire area in a milky fog?

Have you ever seen, videotaped or walked through (like I have) large areas of forest at night that take on a plasma-like milky white or milky pink/orange hue color? Have you ever walked through one of these ionized fogs and felt as though you were in the middle of the Twilight Zone?

Have you ever seen stars (especially as the star approaches or retreats from the horizon) up in the sky, that appear to be pseudo or false stars, because of their enormous size, brightness, colors and wobble?

Have you ever heard loud and fast jet engine sounds that are coming from a plane that is travelling near or over you at low altitudes and at speeds no more than 50 mph?

If your answer is yes to any or many of the above questions that please continue to read on!

A Little bit about My Background:

My main career was in Electronics. Subsequent to that I was a professional Horticulturist for several years, specializing in subtropical plants for temperate climates. I have been a codefinder/codebreaker for most of my adult life. I am an amateur meteorologist, geologist and gemstone collector. And I have been seriously dabbling in Cryptozoology and Ufology for the last several years. I live in Spotsylvania county, near Fredericksburg in central Virginia.

Four Years and Thousands of Hours of Bigfoot Hunting:

My claim to fame (unless proven otherwise) is that I have put in more Bigfoot (BF) investigating hours than any other BF investigator, even though I did it all over a 4-year period of time. You might be asking how in the world that I could claim more BF hunting hours than anyone else if I had only been doing this stuff for 4 years? Well, I am semi-retired and have spent an enormous amount of time (I also keep a detailed journal in a Word document) out in the field during this period, especially over the last two years. And I basically dedicated the last year of my life exclusively to this work on the 4th year, averaging somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 hours per night on about 250 nights of the 356 day year! So in effect, I have done all of my work in 4 years vice the 20 or 30 or more years like others.

Have I been able to See any of the BF Creatures and What have I Learned?

I actually managed to see 5 of the creatures over the 4-year period of time and I viewed all but one of the creatures during daytime hours. I have learned how to walk through the forests over a 5-county area around my home and find the BF tree formations, downed trees and bleat markings (trace evidence). I would follow this trace evidence to areas that were jam-packed full of trace evidence. I refer to these areas as true Bigfoot Hotspots. These BF hotspots usually encompass about a 5 to 10 acre area of real estate. I liken these hotspots to BF playgrounds, because the creatures seem to visit these hotspots several times a week, if not daily, for most of the year, climbing, hanging and swinging from trees and knocking them down. I currently know the locations of 6 of these BF hotspots. Next, I would do all night stakeouts hidden within these hotspots, until the creatures would arrive for me to collect my audio clips of their vocals.

Is there More than What Meets the Eye or Ear?

I made a lot of mistakes in the early months and early years of those 4 years trying to discover these BF hotspots and figure out how and when they were visited, but I was constantly learning things during this process as well. As a result of these observations, some strange things began to happen to me that werent BF related. I was beginning to see and hear things that didnt quite make sense! I began to see lights and phenomenon in the skies and I began to hear sounds through my headset that were not from the creatures. Being the logical, analytical type of guy that I am (ha, ha I dont know if that is good or bad), I tried to figure out and rationally reason through, and process the things that I was hearing and seeing within these BF hotspots, but I couldn't do it ...I just couldn't reason this stuff out through the use of conventional knowledge and wisdom!

Well, this continued to happen night after night, while I was recording with my video and audio gear. But I wasn't just collecting audio clips of the creatures; I was also collecting audio and video clips of the alien technology crafts that were flying over the skies above the creatures! And I was picking up tons of audio clips that were being beamed down from invisible craft (the Low Frequency Hum (LFH) UFO) that was right above my head. I also have many LFH UFO audio clip recordings in my collection. I can and will prove all of my claims in time, in future emails! I just wanted to whet your appetite at this time.

Why do I call these Craft UFOs and What is Their Mission?

What are the UFOs? Are they alien crafts with little green men in them? I am not prepared to say that, nor does one even have to necessarily believe in the existence of aliens to call these craft UFOs. When I call the craft UFOs, I am simply using the standard definition - Unidentified Flying Objects. In other words, conventional or unconventional craft performing unconventional (anti-gravity and light and sound cloaking abilities, etc) maneuvers. Well talk a lot more about this alien-like technology in future emails. One of the most common UFO crafts that I typically see out in the woods is a small 8-15 foot long triangular to diamond shaped craft that I refer to as Dragonflies. They also fly over these areas with the B2 Stealth Bombers which I call the Patrol Planes. I have seen (once) the nuclear powered TR-3B. I also see a lot of Cessna aircraft over these areas during the daytime, that I refer to as spy planes. These Cessna planes might also be equipment with nonconventional technical abilities, and I have seen them fly in the nighttime skies as well. I will talk more about all of these craft and what I have seen and/or videotaped them doing over these BF hotspot areas in future emails.

Who Are the Bad Guys and What is Their Mission?

I would have continued doing BF research even today (beyond the 4 years) and wouldnt have come forward, had I not been stopped dead in my tracks by what I call the "bad guys". Some might call them the Illuminati. Others might state that they are an Underground Government (government within a government) or an Underground Military controlled by an Underground Government. Some might say that they are high level (33rd degree) Secret Societies. Others might call them Big Brother, or that are they combination of many of the above entities? Who am I to say who they are, it has been hard enough over this time period, for me to be able to attempt to demonstrate and prove that they exist and what some of their intentions are. But in any event, I will refer to this organization within these emails as the bad guys. Now Im convinced that an underground organization like this, with seemingly limitless funds, resources and networking, is dabbling in a lot more things, than just preventing the scientific community and the general populous from discovering the truth about Bigfoot, but dabbling in BF squelching they are!

Is there a BF/UFO Connection?

Now I began to prove (not speculate - prove) that this LFH UFO was beaming down bug chatter or highway sound audio clips in front of me while I was out in the middle of the woods trying to capture BF recordings, as a means of drowning out the BF vocals. So I started to play little mind games with these guys on my recordings ...telling "them" that I knew what they were doing, that they were drowning out my BF vocals with their audio clips, and this only made "them" madder and more determined! So "they" began to distort my files (I have a ton of files, that when one tries to play them it states 'cannot read that file format' or unrecognizable format etc. Others have digital popping-like sounds, or they would completely blank out my entire recording, even though the record button was still lit. Other times "they" turned down my digital recorders input level, or shut off the record button on my recorder. And they did all of their electronic wizardry remotely from crafts in the sky!

It was becoming so frustrating out in the field for me that one night I told the "bad guys" that if "they" continued that I would go forward with all of my evidence and with my story, and that I would organize a bunch of guys out here, who were all equipped with parabolic dishes and recorders. That I would simultaneously and strategically be place the team all around these BF hotspots that I had spent so much time in. Well, the bad guys totally left me alone for 2 or 3 days, but then, little by little they began to harass and frustrate me again. It got worse and worse until I was basically just spinning my wheels out the woods! Its one thing to spend hours upon hours out in the woods in the cold, without family or sleep, but its quite another thing to continue to do it without being able to obtain any results! I would go home with what I thought would be good Bigfoot vocals only to find that nothing was on the file, or that the vocals were so faint as to be almost non-existent! I had a lot of recordings (most of them) where you could hear me talking, but you couldn't hear anything at all in the background ...they totally wiped out the background vocals!

And then it got even worse ...they started to drain my batteries! My digital recorder batteries, which normally lasted about 4 to 6 hours (if batteries were fresh and there was decent environmental conditions) only lasted 10 or 15 minutes. After my batteries would go dead, I would replace them with fresh batteries again, but once again they would drain in about 10 to 15 minutes! On those nights that they drained my batteries, I would feel a tingling sensation (like early stages of frostbite) on my fingers and face and when I got home and looked in the mirror, I would discover that my face had broken out into a rash! Whatever chemicals they were beaming down at me to drain my batteries was also affecting my skin! My wife is my witness. I have olive skin that tans easily without burning, but since those days of the "bad guys" draining my batteries, I am now somewhat allergic to the sun!

Im Sirius Folks!

The brightest star within the nighttime sky is a star called Sirius, which stays near the horizon and is part of the Canis Major (the greater dog) constellation. Sirius is somewhat orientated to Orions belt (do you remember the movie Men in Black?).

Pseudo Stars:

Why do I call them pseudo stars? I believe that I know that they aren't stars, but are UFOs superimposed in front of stars that are locked in to their orbital positions as viewed from the land below. Let me give you 5 points to support my position. First off, they wobble (stars don't wobble), secondly they change colors from yellow, to orange, with flashes of red and green (stars do not consist of 4 or 5 colors). Thirdly, they get brighter instead of dimmer as they rise or set along the horizon (they break the rules of star illumination near the horizon). Stars are not normally visible when they are near the horizon due to the extra brightness of the sun's light wrapping around the earth near the horizon. And fifthly, I am not able to take videos of any stars (only planets), including the brightest star (Sirius) in the nighttime sky, with my Sony limited IR night vision camcorder ...they simply aren't bright enough for my camera optics to film. But yet, I can take videos of these pseudo stars with no problem. Does any of this make sense folks?

Invisible What?

One night, after completing an all-nighter, I was in the process of recording an audio file while reaching for my parabolic dish which was mounted on a tripod. I had to lift the dish up over a bush to bring it to me and in the process of lifting it from my chair, I hit what felt like a brick wall in the sky about 8 or 10 feet above my head, and simultaneously heard a definite smack sound! I looked up in the sky above me and all that could be viewed were the starry skies in the heavenlies! So I either hit some invisible ancillary audio equipment hanging down from an invisible UFO or else I actually smacked right into an invisible UFO! When I got back to my house to review the audio clip, I discovered that there was a definite smack sound at the 13 second mark of that audio clip!

The Can Can:

So anyway, in one last desperate attempt to beat the "bad guys" (I really didn't want to stop my bigfoot investigating), I built myself a make-shift and somewhat crude RFI enclosure (metal box within a box) to house my digital recorder and hopefully provide some means of shielding from "their" remote, digital invasions. But "they" attacked me even more! They bombarded my recorder with their signalling magic - laughing at my attempts at defeating them! So much so, that I decided to call it quits that night ...no more bigfoot hunting!!! I would no longer waste my time spinning my wheels!

Four Years are Past and the Fifth Year is Here:

But from there, I kept my promise to try to go forward with my BF/UFO story and audio and video clip evidence! I started a YouTube account (thekingdomkeys1) and it (what's left of it) is still there, if you want to check it out. I started to upload some of my files to my account and the "bad guys" (other YouTubers referred to these guys as trolls) gave me fits! They deleted my files, they corrupted my files, they changed my write-ups in my description fields. They especially hated a lot of my BF vocals, where I claim that the creatures were imitating the sounds of other animals - what does that tell you? I spent quite a bit of time on my YouTube account, but it was always 1 step forward and 2 backwards! So I eventually gave up on it! By and large, I discovered that those that posted videos of UFOs on YouTube and referred to the occupants as visitors from Mars, Venus or the Orion Nebula were left alone. But if a person (like me) stated that these UFOs were occupied and/or controlled by humans to squelch the discovery of Bigfoot, they had problems!

Emails and Phone Calls to BF and UFO Organizations and TV Shows:

I will try to leave out individual and organizational names below, for my intent is not to bring discord (the bad guys love it when we fight) but unity to the UFO and BF communities. After all, we might vary on our methodology by using different techniques, tactics and strategies, but we are supposedly all after the same goal the truth behind what is going on out there! My desire is for all of us to jointly share the knowledge that we have individually acquired, in a united effort to expose those that have been hindering us. Bigfoot and UFO organizations have been for the most part just spinning their wheels over the years and I believe that its high time that we begin to move our (joint) agenda forward. We have to begin changing the way we operate with each other! United we will stand, divided we will fall which will it be?

So anyway, getting back to my story, my next strategy was to call and write to tons and tons of so-called BF and UFO experts (the PhD'ers and such) to try get help from them, but they for the most part, all laughed me to scorn! None of them were willing to visit me or come out on investigations with me, or even spend a day with me watching and listening to my hundreds of audio and video clips. I also wrote to actual UFO and BF TV shows on the History, Discovery, Scifi and Animal Planet networks, but none of them showed interested either.

So I decided to go forward with my story to BF forums. I spent months (especially on one forum) telling my story, answering their questions and pleading for help. But again no help was ever offered. From there, I contacted a well known BF researcher and I was actually on his weekly radio show for about 2 months, hoping to get out my story out, but it never happened we always seemed to talk about general meaningless stuff. Next, he and his team decided to visit me. We made an agreement that he and his team would be under my command the first night, and that it would basically be an observation and listening night.

We were all supposed to set up out there before it got dark ...before the creatures would be in the area and in their elements, so that they couldn't hear us before we heard them. But instead the team didnt get out there until well after sunset, making quite a bit of noise and most of them were falling asleep. Only a few of them stayed out there for any length of time, and the remaining few left at midnight. During the time they were out there, one of his team members was beating on a pine tree (BF creatures don't do woodknockings on pine trees!) with a log (another violation of our agreement!). Another one of his team members told me that he was walking around out in the woods in front of me during that observation night (another violation of our agreement!). So needless to say, it was a pretty eventless night. If bigfoot was out there that night, I content that everybody scared them off and that the creatures were listening to and watching us from a distance, rather than vice a versa. And if they weren't out there at that time, but came later, we would have never known it would we, since the few that stayed out there called it quits at midnight? This team states that they do their investigations from 11 pm to 2 am because that is basically the only time that the creatures are out. But I know that that simply isn't true! So much for the help even when you supposedly get it!

Past and Present Harassment from the Bad Guys:

Since 1999 (Im a codefinder and I dug up some dirt on them), but especially over these past 5 years, the "bad guys" repeatedly gave me computer viruses in spite of my passworded router and all of my firewalls and antivirus programs. They tunneled right through my router and constantly shut off and/or disable my antivirus programs and I have had to rebuild my computer hard drive on average of once or twice a year since 1999! Several years ago, a few years before I was scheduled to retire, "they" successfully temporarily completed some identify fraud on me, by stealing my social security number. I tried to claim the number at my local SS office and they told me in so many words that they had no record of that being my social security number and that the number belonged to someone else! I asked them who it belonged to and they told me that they couldn't reveal that information to me. It took me 2 or 3 years of fighting to get my SSN identity back! At one point in time, they got access to my credit card and made charges on it from more than one State and from Canada! Needless to say, I had to get a new credit card.

"They" drive their cars through my front yard, peeling their tires in the middle of the night! They sliced my garden hoses and knocked out a spindle rail in my deck railing while I was out of town. "They" loosened the hardware on my backyard 6-foot tall gate just enough to get in and out of my yard with the gate appearing to still be locked! They turned the volume up and down on my cable TV, while TV watching and even remotely changed the TV channels while watching! They open and close my automatic garage door opener (it is new with a sophisticated coded algorithm, single frequency design) whenever they see fit. They stole my owners manual from my truck and my titles from the glove compartments of my truck and my car. Lastly, they attempted to kill me by running my truck off the road on the Interstate while travelling 70 mph! My truck was totaled but I survived! Organizations don't try to hassle and/or eliminate someone for being delusional, they do it because they are learning the truth!

What Amendment Rights? Why Dont the Bad Guys Come Forward?

Our Amendment rights are being violated! The bad guys (hence the name) violate our constitution! They can and do, follow, monitor and inhibit peoples phone calls, Internet movements, financial transactions, listen and watch us from your cable TV boxes and listen and watch us from the outdoor skies (invisibly if need be), break into our cars and houses! So it becomes pretty apparent why the bad guys dont want to reveal their technological secrets doesnt it? They have been so caught up in their wicked ways for so long, that they no longer have a means to escape or back out! They have no desire to admit that they have been infringing on peoples rights for years. They have no desire to admit that they have been accidentally killing people that are on their hit list for years!

FIRST AMENDMENT [U.S. Constitution]

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

FOURTH AMENDMENT [U.S. Constitution]

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

What Happened to Tyler Godwin?

Next, a young man (Tyler Godwin, from Mobil, Alabama (tyler.godwin@yahoo.com)) offered to fund and manage a weekly BF bog talk radio show for me. The bad guys have been driving cars through his yard (front and backyard), they loosened up the hardware on his son's training wheels of his bike and he fell off and got hurt! They sent him a strange email with a font type that Tyler said he had never seen before, that said Leave It. The next day when Tyler went in to retrieve the email it was gone! The police recently pulled him over on the road and asked him for his license and registration. He gave the officer his registration and when he looked inside his glove compartment, he discovered that his registration had also been stolen! The officer told him to step out of the car. He was then told that they had a warrant for his arrest and that he would have to go to the station. Tyler asked why what did he do? And the officer stated that he couldnt tell him because his computer was down. The officer then took Tyler to the police station and kept him in a holding cell for a few hours before they eventually released him! They ended up telling him in so many words that he was free to go that they made a mistake and that they didnt have anything on him.

Tyler and I were scheduled to meet in Atlanta, Georgia to discuss the details of the radio show and other BF and UFO topics, but the bad guys cut off all communications between us! They took my landline out of service, and even though our email accounts and cell phones continued to work, we were not able to send emails between us or make phone calls between us. Subsequently, our Atlanta meeting trip was cancelled! To date, we cannot call each other via landlines or cell phones and we aren't able to send and receive emails between us either! Who knows what has been happening to poor Tyler these days. For those that are willing, please forward this email to Tyler on my behalf. Maybe one of your emails will reach him.

What Happened to Carl Lynch?

Next, there is the story of a good email friend of mine, Carl Lynch (carl6405@yahoo.com) from somewhere in the Richmond, Virginia area. He is an electronics gadget collector and an avid UFO investigator. He is an experienced UFO hunter with lots of different types of camera gear. We had been corresponding back and forth for some time on the Internet, but had not actually met yet even though we were planning on going out on an expedition. And you guys can probably figure out the rest of the story, right? Again we were cut off. I cant reach him and he can no longer reach me! For those that are willing, please forward this email to Carl on my behalf. Maybe one of your emails will reach him.

Threaten Me with Heaven:

You know, once one has had an assassination attempt on their life, as I have had, one begins to do some real soul searching, about yourself, your family and friends, your purpose in life on this earth so forth and so on. And it all basically funnels down into one of two choices. To run away from your adversary and live the remainder of your life in fear, or to courageously stand up to your adversary and fight the good fight no matter what your odds! I have chosen to do the later.

For that reason, if, sometime in future I am found dead in a car accident or found dead of a heart attack or a stroke or some other tragedy, I just want you to consider the possibility that it wasnt just an accident or some unfortunate tragedy. The same holds true if I am found dead and the incident is labeled as a suicide. I am in reasonably good to excellent health with normal blood pressure readings. I am not on any medications and I eat reasonably well. I take daily vitamin and mineral supplements and jog 2 miles a day several days a week. I am not depressed and my outlook on life has never been better! So if something were to happen to me tomorrow, you all know my story you have it here in writing.

I love Vince Gills new song: Threaten me with Heaven. The following is an excerpt from his song:

What's the worst thing that can happen,

That's the worst that they can do

Threaten me with Heaven, it's all they can do

Threaten me with Heaven, if they want to

Threaten me with Heaven, I believe that it's true

Threaten me with Heaven, I'll be waiting on you

The Purpose of the Project Beryllium Expedition:

The purpose of the end of March 2012 Project Beryllium Bigfoot/UFO expedition will primarily be to expose the Bad Guys. To collect and document untold amounts of audio and video evidence of how this underground organization is intentionally inhibiting BF researchers from proving the existence of the creatures to the scientific world and to the general populous.

Secondly, the expedition team will make a concerted effort to capture BF vocals, and videos of the creatures. We will attempt to locate their daytime sleeping hideouts and find and make castings of their prints. If we have a large enough turnout, we send out reconnaissance teams in the daytime and stage other nighttime teams for stakeouts.

My Final Plea:

It is my sincere hope that we will be able to unite as many UFO and BF teams as possible, from all over the country, if not the world, in one combined endeavor to accomplish the aforementioned tasks. There is a very real possibility that they will prevent most of you guys from writing back to me, or preventing me from sending out additional emails to all of you. I have reason to believe (while typing this email from a TDY deployment at Guangzhou, China) that I might not be able to reach most of you after sending off this first email. The bad guys have already halted my email correspondence to Tyler Godwin, Carl Lynch and probably even my wife, since I havent received an email from her for over 2 days (we write daily).

So in the event that you guys dont receive the #2 email from me by the following Monday (7 Nov 2011), try corresponding with others on the email mailing list. Try to contact other UFO and BF and Scientific organizations and spread the word of what is going on here. Send emails and phone calls back and forth between groups. Lets break this thing wide open! Spread it across the airwaves spread it across the world-wide-web! The more this fight becomes united the less the bad guys will be able to do! It is relatively easy for them to stamp out and silence a few individuals, but it will become a total nightmare for them to attempt to stamp out a large united movement!

More emails to hopefully follow.

Sincerely,

David Kenderes

Posted on Oct 28, 2011, 3:12 PM
from IP address 74.241.228.76

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

woah...little bit more than I could chew

by SasquatchMs

Well, the odds of live existing outside our planet aren't too bad given the scale and frequency of Sun-sized stars...so Ill start and finish my thought and personal belief in saying " i believe in the possibility of UFO's"

Now assuming those astronomical odds have alligned somehow in conjunction w/ a creature on earth that the gov't has some sort of binding connection to..well you could multiply those odds by a factor of about a billion. Weirder things have happened I guess in the grand scope of the history of the world, but damn.

I think its human nature to tie in unexplained things with other unexplained things, maybe in someone's mind is the easiest link. Like that night I was listening to Ed Dames talk about a giant projector monlolith orbiting the moon that projects these "things" sasquatch and otherwise onto planet earth for some reason, or Whitley Striebers theory that Grey's genetic pool is drying up and they are here probing our DNA codes for their species existance...point being "what a stretch". I wont deny the existance of said things but I'm sure as hell not going to assume and believe something unless there are physical , measurable traces of said anomoly.

I've read in depth of the UFO/Squatch connection. Many people also assume and link paranormal phenomona to the creature. I see no direct evidence in the fossil record for this, nor in the evolution of primates or homonids for that matter. The only way people can rationalize ghosts and spirits is the fundamental established belief, over the centuries ,is that humans have some "immortal" aspect of their being, a soul or spirit that dies after life. In the animal kingdom we do not attach a spirit or soul to the dog, the cat or the mouse so scientifically speaking it would be very reckless to join paranormal attributes to the animals...after all the idea of a soul or spirit or the fact ghost exists rests on faith anyways at the end of the day; EVP's and whatnot only go so far.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 7:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Paranormal Attributes

by Lone Wolf

Quote : SasquatchMS :I've read in depth of the UFO/Squatch connection. Many people also assume and link paranormal phenomona to the creature. I see no direct evidence in the fossil record for this, nor in the evolution of primates or homonids for that matter. The only way people can rationalize ghosts and spirits is the fundamental established belief, over the centuries ,is that humans have some "immortal" aspect of their being, a soul or spirit that dies after life. In the animal kingdom we do not attach a spirit or soul to the dog, the cat or the mouse so scientifically speaking it would be very reckless to join paranormal attributes to the animals...after all the idea of a soul or spirit or the fact ghost exists rests on faith anyways at the end of the day; EVP's and whatnot only go so far.

Just what evidence would show up in the fossil record regarding the spirituality of any being?
As far as "belief" in the spiritual nature of any being, you are correct the knowledge of such things is faith based.
I am a Christian, and the Bible is full of references to spirits, both good and evil. I base my belief on a lifetime of experiences with the paranormal, both good and evil. As far as animals are concerned you state that animals do not have souls or spirits. I disagree, I have seen several. Tell someone who has lost a pet that they do not have souls, several people have reported seeing departed pets numerous times. You may feel it is "reckless" to believe in animal spirits but I respectfully disagree.
Lastly you stated that "evp's and whatnot only go so far", here again I respectfully disagree. I have several physical examples of spirits and demons that have crossed my path over the course of 45 years. I have shared a few photos with Jim that would convince even the most adamant skeptic. I will not go on and on with my tales of the paranormal as this is a BF board. Some of my stories can be seen in the Conundrums radio program archives that J Michael hosts. As a matter of fact you may want to ask J Michael if he believes that I have had these experiences. Speaking of BF, no one knows exactly what abilities a BF has. My point of this post is not to criticize, but to clarify what I know to be paranormal and spiritual facts.
My advice is that everyone keep an open mind until the day that a BF specimen is available for study.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 9:20 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

After more years then I want to remember I have learned this...

by Monster Hunter

This is one strange critter...

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 7:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: After more years then I want to remember I have learned this...

by sasquatchms

I think my point really was in summary that these are Super creatures and Natural ...but not supernatural.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 10:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

im just speaking scientifically

by SasquatchMs

Scientists have not YET proven the existance of God , the nature of the soul, wether or not humans and animals have an immortal aspect to their being. All im saying is that in Science there is not a "faith clause" or a "superstition theory", there are facts. When trying to research an extermly rare animal that is illusive matters of faith or belief dont hold much weight or room when trying to make plaster casts or obtaining DNA.

Super animals yes..,but not supernatural.

I dont deny the possiblity for the existance of God or souls or whatnot, when you get down to odds well your either right or wrong, science will never bridge the middle ground unless CERN reveals the God Particle somehow and manages to trace its source, then obtain a sample of the particles and create an organic string of DNA,Cells, then Molocules and harnesses that particle to their atoms and creates life in a lab from scratch.

In Scripture however Jesus cast out demons from a man and cast them into pigs (Mark 5). This would suggest that pigs were like a man in capacity of a soul, and in how they are animated (although it is of course not proof). So when I hear a Christian say animals dont have souls I get kinda ticked off, I'm Glad you do because it means your pretty smart regarding the subject. BUt there is also a second aspect :

First we must understand what is a soul. The bible said that God created man in His own image.
Nothing was said of the animals or plants. The bible said that God breath the spirit of life into his nostril and man become a living soul. Nothing was said like this in the creation of animals. Animals were created differently. God just spoke the word and they appeared. So the spirit of life that was breathe to a man and his likeness to God makes him unique from other creations and he was called a living soul. Man has godlkike character. He is aware of morality, he is aware of sins and forgiveness. He has the ability to understand the words of God and he is aware that one day he can be with God if he obeys his creator. Animals and plants are not aware of any of these so ..there ya go Maybe animals have a spirit, w/ the possiblity of lingering after death due to their energy not being absorbed or converted (e=mc2)

I hear more faked EVPS and CGI digital video effects of ghosts so its impossible to tell if they are genuine or not these days b/c its so easy to fake..unfortuantly. In the end the way to confirm a ghost or spirit would result from a containment field of some sort trapping a spirit or soul in it and then measuring it's energy and then testing it against controls and see if there are reactions, again a long shot in terms of science proff.

I just go w/ facts though, the real measurable proven data in scientific journals that come from guys that do it for a living. thats how i base my research in the field when attempting study of this animal. No disrespect at all , just a difference in opinion. happy hunting

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 4:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think that,,,

by SAsquatcher

You may be intertwining a soul and a spirit.
Here is a simple way to look at it.
Man (according to the Bible) is a spirit, he possesses a soul, he lives in a body.
I think that most Christians do not understand the difference between the 3.
Man (like God) is a spirit, that is the part that is eternal which animals do not possess.
He possesses a soul (that is the intellect) which animals do have as well to a degree.
He lives in a body, when the body wears out, the other 2 parts go to their destination.

You also notice that the Bible says that God said "Let us make man in "OUR" image",so God is also a triune being or "trinity" (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
So in summary according to the Bible it's kind of like this, animals are bi-level beings (They posess a soul and a body) but man is a tri-level being,(Posessing body, soul and spirit) so when you hear a christian say that animals don't have souls, don't get ticked off, just realize that they are confusing a "soul" with a "Spirit"(according to the Bible).

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 6:36 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: I think that,,,

by SasquatchMs

ahh i think you hit the nail on the head there, and a good way of looking at things.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 8:00 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You got it!

by RubyRed

Right!
happy.gif

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 7:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

well.....

by woodswatcher

I haven't seen any weird objects in the sky, but I will say that the more I find really good spots to investigate, the more oddity and weirdness the situations get.

not just me, but to every single hardcore researcher that I know of. same type of incidences and activity.

I know that the .gov knows a helluva lot about these things, but from talking to several .gov employees they honestly don't know much. ironic. One man I talked to with very high credentials specifically told me under no circumstances to act like as though you know them, because we don't know and you shouldn't take chances. he also told me this and I quote "be very careful and have an open mind, that there are many issues regarding these beings". He also stated " the odd thing is that there are many species with have no evolutionary branch "

I dunno.

we know they are flesh and blood. we know they are real. slowly we are getting pieces of the puzzle.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 8:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Paranormal Bigfoot

by J

I've often wrestled with this question as well. I do believe BF is flesh & blood. But as a physical being, like us, it would have a soul. Therefore it is a spiritual being, just as we are. Since BF is unencumbered with the day to day worries we have, it is probably far more in touch with it's SELF than we are, and by virtue of that fact would be more spiritual. Living as it does it would live more in the moment than we do.
Because of this it may be more sensitive or aware than we are and more in touch with spiritual abilities than we are. This does not make it magical, just more aware and it could use this to its advantage.

I'm not saying it could disappear or do anything we can't do. However it may be able to do things we can do but do them better and with far greater accuracy. Just as a mystic or yogi can do incredible physical feats such as walk on coals of fire. They can overcome physical pain and such.

These creatures would probably be far more in touch with their environment and have awareness we no longer use. Just as Native Americans could hunt with great proficiency and knew how to move with the wind and get close to animals to kill them. In other words, the Bigfoots skills are honed and he is very in tune to them.

Let's face it, he doesn't worry about the IRS, money woes or other things that clog up our minds. He isn't distracted. He is living in the moment of each day and in his life, skills are necessary to survival. His focus is on the present. He isn't bothered by cold or bugs like we are. This makes him acutely aware of everything around him.

Is it possible he may be able to influence you in ways you may not be aware? Perhaps. Just as someone can stare at you from behind and in time you will sense it and turn to look, he may be able to nudge you to move where he wants you to, or even make you nervous. None of this makes him supernatural, just far more aware than you are and able to use abilities we can only manifest in specific situations.

Martial artists and gurus have taught such abilities for centuries. He comes by it naturally. As a being in touch with himself and his environment he out classes you with every move. To him, you are sending out all kinds of mixed signals in the woods and are very noticeable. As Jim once said, we are their entertainment. I think we stand out to them, on many levels.

They smell us, they hear us, they sense us and they see us. Tricking them may be a very difficult matter indeed. wink.gif

If they have minds at least above the highest animal or somewhere close to human then we could expect them to have a higher awareness. Match that with the fact they live their entire lives in the forest and are closer to nature and you get a being that to us, might seem to be supernatural.
J.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 9:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I have a problem..

by EasTexSteve

I have a problem with the accuracy of info presented in this post. For one, he said this:
"These Cessna planes might also be equipment with nonconventional technical abilities, and I have seen them fly in the nighttime skies as well."

It doesn't take any special equipment to fly at night. It's all pretty standard. I'm seeing a lot of hype and possible over-exaggeration in this post.

Posted on Oct 30, 2011, 8:52 AM
from IP address 96.13.18.126

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: I have a problem..

by versatile

I am pretty much with Steve on the airplane stuff. The B2's in Mo are about 60 mlesfrom me ad we rarely see them. Where do the Cessna's stay. What airport. Clandestine stuff seems to stick out pretty much at airports. The local airport guys hang out and see more than you think. I have talked to some old salts in the BF world and some say some of this electronic stuff has been experienced by them and some never mention it at all or say BS.

Posted on Oct 31, 2011, 2:02 PM
from IP address 68.70.76.22

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My answer to the free-floating lights quiry

by RubyRed

in forests e.g. the Saratoga Ghost Light or the Marfa Lights. YES, I have seen both of these strange unexplainable lights. The Saratoga Lights are seen along Bragg Road in East Texas and free-float through the trees in the forests along this road. I have no idea what has caused the orange-yellow, blue-green lights that begin one size and increase. The Marfa Lights melted into one another and broke apart. We saw red, white, yellow and blue the night we viewed them.

SO, yes I have seen strange lights in a forest! While I do not consider myself to be a person of psychic talents, I DO believe I'm an empathic individual, who IF open to an experience, is gonna get one hexx of a fright (has happened too many times. So much so that Silver Fox will NOT take me to any more allegedly haunted locations)

Keep Calm and Carry On!
wink.gif

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 7:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Dock Diving Dot (sort of)

by Cindy

Dot: I'm all over it this! I'm going to get it toy toy toy....

Waaaaaiiit a minute! That's a BIG first step.....

Well lookit all that water and there goes my toy!

ok ok don't rush me, any minute, don't rush me, hang on, don't rush me

Oh man, here I go!

OOF! the things that woman gets me to do - I'm gonna need the SPCA on speed dial.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011, 2:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nice...

by Monster Hunter

Slow start but a job well done...

Posted on Oct 27, 2011, 2:48 PM
from IP address 74.241.228.132

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well, not really

by Cindy

I just thought Dot was incredibly cute

Posted on Oct 27, 2011, 2:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by DonDon

to kewl

Posted on Oct 27, 2011, 2:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

This is just to funny...

by Monster Hunter

Several years ago Chester Moore, Bobby Hamilton and I had a no-kill/kill debate with the TBRC...obviously we were in the pro-kill camp with the TBRC explaining the existence of these creatures could be proven with video...well boys...looked like you've changed your plans...I'm telling you...these folks who preach no-kill would steal a Monster carcass off the front porch of their mamma's house...

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2011/10/26/major-update-tbrc-admits-to-shooting

Posted on Oct 27, 2011, 12:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Dude needs to take some shooting lessons

by DonDon

approximately 25-30 yards from Colyers position. Using his Remington 1100 Tac-4 12 gauge auto-loading shotgun, loaded with 000 buckshot followed by slugs, he attempted to collect the animal for scientific analysis, firing all the rounds in rapid succession.

25-30 yards with 000 buck and slugs, then didn't hit a thing? WOWWW

Posted on Oct 27, 2011, 3:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That's what I was thinking Don,

by Lone Wolf

if you read their "mission statement" it says they are "not opposed to members being armed if legal and properly trained".

Colyer may be legal to carry a shotgun, but with that performance, he needs more training........

It also sounded like he panicked and was emptying his gun wildly.

Posted on Oct 28, 2011, 11:50 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

must not have been as lucky as I have been

by dondon

To have had someone to teach them to hunt when.he was a kid. I had. BB gun at 3 then a 22 rifle at 5. Got my first shotgun at 6 years old n i loved that old single shot 410. Killed my first deer with it when i was 7.. My dad taught me alot. Main thing was how to love the outdoors and how.to shoot

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 9:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

We heard that great debate

by RubyRed

And I would say that the pro-kill argument really won out because the other guys were not as strong in their positions. I've always thought Daryl and Craig agreed with the pro-kill points made but it does take two sides to have a debate. Great memories from that Conference because it was the first time we got to meet Monster Hunter, Bigfoothunter and several other people including the deceased Bill Riddle (God bless him) who became a very good email buddy to us.

Thanks for the memory!
wink.gif

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 7:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cameras-J.Michael...

by MissippiMike

Hey J,

I am looking for a used camera that uses real film, not digital! Remember back in the early 80's when the Nikon F-3 was THE camera to have?? Are any of those around still? I want to get into the hobby, Kelly and I want to take a course out at Hinds or somewhere on Photography just for fun, but we want to learn how to do it right and to develop our own pictures, especially black and white film. Considering Bigfooting, I think basic camera skills can come in handy.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011, 1:07 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sounds like a plan...

by J

You will probably have to visit a camera shop or photography store. Film cameras are still around but they can be expensive since everything is going digital. Film is also getting hard to find and expensive. Make sure you get one with interchangeable lenses. Nikon is a good brand, also Canon optics are very good.
J

Posted on Oct 25, 2011, 4:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I've seen...

by Terry

some real good outfits at some local auctions go for next to nothing. Maybe put an ad out there. Lots of folks still have good cameras and don't use them now that we're in the digital age. Good to see someone interested in the older technology. You can't beat a good black and white photo that's been developed by the photographer who took it.

t.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011, 6:47 PM
from IP address 98.124.8.38

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mike, check out some of your local thrift shops

by

thrift shops get older made cameras since people have the newer technology now. You may pick up a good one and you may even find film there. Check the classified ads in the local newspaper also.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011, 8:48 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thank yall n/t

by missippimike

Posted on Oct 28, 2011, 11:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

American Bigfoot scientists and researchers felt hoodwinked by Russian Yeti event...

by Monster Hunter

Well now...it appears Meldrum can't be hood winked by the Russkies...just because there were a few cut marks on the broken trees, a convenient well used path to a cave with a Yeti nest, a hair found but not in this nest doesn't really mean the Russians were hoaxing just a tad does it?...c'mon Doc....these folks are professionals aren't they?...

http://doubtfulnews.wordpress.com/2011/10/24/american-bigfoot-scientists-and-researchers-felt-hoodwinked-by-russian-yeti-event/

Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 2:46 PM
from IP address 70.153.171.167

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: American Bigfoot scientists and researchers felt hoodwinked by Russian Yeti event...

by SasquatchMs

ya i felt sorry for Meldrum...he's a good guy

Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 3:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I LOVE it! n/t

by MissippiMike

Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 11:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I don't know why...

by Terry

you'd say that? These let downs and scams are normal I guess but they just enforce to the public that there is probably no such thing as bf and it no doubt hurts the legitimate researchers who are trying to proove different. Personally I find these sorts of things disappointing.

t.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011, 8:54 AM
from IP address 99.242.72.112

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Scamski? LOL n/t

by MikeInNC

Posted on Oct 25, 2011, 9:58 PM
from IP address 71.75.232.231

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Scamski? LOL n/t

by versatile

Yesterday Oct 25,2011 an article on the front page of the Wall Street Journal about BF in Russia; mentions a woman in Michigan named Robin Lynne. She states that she feeds BF in her back yard. I have not heard of her. Has anyone else?

Posted on Oct 26, 2011, 7:56 AM
from IP address 68.70.76.22

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Robin Lynne...

by Monster Hunter

IMO is delusional as are the many folks who claim habituation...

Posted on Oct 26, 2011, 8:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wasn't it Mary Green

by Lone Wolf

who used to dress BF up in overalls and play Barbie's with them in the poop barn?

Posted on Oct 26, 2011, 8:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL...She received a report...

by Monster Hunter

from a lady that claimed she saw a BF wearing overalls...a kind of habituation episode that involved the ladies dad who she claimed worked for the government...I think he did but as an inmate in the prison system since he would disappear for several years at a time...more then likely moon shine...

Poop barn is a complete different tale but was told by her...

Posted on Oct 26, 2011, 6:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I remember that,,,

by SAsquatcher

It was "Little Sam".
I also remember you and Bobby saying,,"There ya go, all we have to do now is buy some overalls and throw at them and when they get all tangled up in them trying to put them on we can bust their a$$".
Or something to that effect.
Funny sh**!

Posted on Oct 27, 2011, 6:40 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Keep Dr Jeff in good standing,

by Jim Keegan

He's on our side...one of the good guys and if anyone in this thing of ours wants to make a statement so be it.

I'm an idiot but you always gave me a place to speak.

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 11:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Met Jeff...

by J

I met Jeff weekend before last. Got a great interview. He is a nice guy.
J

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 6:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Whats up?

by Gary-bob

How is everyone doing?Been doing great since last weekend! DonDon you got to show me how you do the monster call,because I tried doing one yesterday and it sounded pretty pittifull.Hope we can do that again sometime this summer.

Posted on Oct 22, 2011, 4:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Gary

by DonDon

Just listen to the call several times and get out in the woods and let her go man. Practice man, practice. I been working on my Bionic bird call since we left and figured out what I was doing wrong. I got it down ALOT better now

Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 6:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

New Monster Hunting truck

by DonDon

Just got back from picking up me a new truck. 2006 Z71 4WD with only 58k miles. I can get on back in there and get em now!!!

Posted on Oct 20, 2011, 3:59 PM
from IP address 74.240.24.106

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You mean

by Crispy

Your new truck for toting around your new granddaughter....don't you?

Posted on Oct 20, 2011, 7:35 PM
from IP address 69.230.119.147

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That too Scott

by DonDon

Priorities my man LOL

Posted on Oct 21, 2011, 6:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nice!

by Terry

Congratulations!

t.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011, 9:46 PM
from IP address 76.75.67.70

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nice wheels

by Geronimo

That a great looking truck. I have the same truck but with 71k miles and blue and I love it! That was the same truck I pulled a couple of people out of the mud at MC...... and got pelted with mud after pushing SOMBODY's white jeep cherokee!

Posted on Oct 21, 2011, 7:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Some advice...

by Monster Hunter

The truck is not set up for mudding...to clean, no lift and no winch...stay on some hard ground or you'll do some walking looking for a trator to come and get you since you'll be able to get further in...

Signed,

Been There and Done That

BTW...nice looking truck...and when you get stuck you'll remember the advice...

Posted on Oct 23, 2011, 5:52 PM
from IP address 70.153.175.56

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good advice Jim, or he could just get

by Lone Wolf

a Toyota Tacoma 4x4............

Posted on Oct 23, 2011, 9:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh, I ain't going mudding in it

by DonDon

but I'll be able to get down some roads that I couldn't before. Save me a little walking but it's way to loud to drive it close in to where I'll be researching

Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 6:20 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey I'm of this weekend

by MissippiMike

AND the Fiance is working...let's go! Seriously, I am ready, map in hand.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 11:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I got a Halloween party to go to this Saturday night

by DonDon

of I would. Either the 5th or the 12th of Nov though, it's on

Posted on Oct 25, 2011, 6:14 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

last nights infrasound attack

by SasquatchMS

I drove out to the get-together location we met up @ last saturday night. Anyways, I crossed the area we parked our cars at, and about 100yards past that suddenly chills shot through my entire body, I felt nausea, confusion, fear, and this odd thumping pressure on my head like as if an invisible forces was pulsing through my body and was leaving me on the verge of passing out or rather just wanting to lay down and hope it passed. I was driving my car at the time, as soon as I realized the further I drove in the worse it got (took all about 5 seconds before I couldnt tolerate it any more) I hit the brake and threw my car in the other direction, 100 yards in the opposite direction and the effects bled off rather swiftly.

The ride down there was uneventful, I felt no odd body sensations or ticks or anything I felt normal. During the day I had drank at least 1 to 1-1/2 quarts of water,8oz coffee, and half a gatorade so I was hydrated rather well for not exerting any real stress or physical activity for the day. I've been on the fence concerning infrasound, last night I might have had it happen to me, because I cannot come up with any reason why suddenly those symptoms and things started happening to my body. It was extermly odd.

Although I was inside my car w/ engine noise, and my windows up...I could sense some sort of extra noise coming from somewhere, it was corresponsing with the increase of pressure on my body and the way the symptoms manifested and seemed to escalate like there was a corresponding force white noise that automatically began its onset when I crossed some sort of invisible boundary. It was profound.

Carson

Posted on Oct 20, 2011, 3:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

infrasound

by alert1

My thoughts are that the energy level to produce waves of a magnitude that could do that to you inside a vehicle at those kind of distances would be far beyond what even a very large animal could muster. Your talking about military grade energy levels.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011, 9:18 PM
from IP address 99.191.212.43

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: infrasound

by SasquatchMS

well see infrasound travels through trees, however metal? im wondering myself, as I said im on the fence about the idea of an animal producing such an extreme effect, however there is documentation suggesting its possible. Dolphins use it to stun and confuse their prey. I dont know, it was just weird as hell.

Posted on Oct 21, 2011, 12:47 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Infrasound and animals and black-ops

by MikeInNC

IF I remember correctly, elephants have been recorded using ultra low frequency/infrasound and this supposedly lets them communicate with others a mile or more away.

So what would 100 yards or so be for some other large creature with that capability?

Also, with the many reports I've read on the web (grain of salt, sure), either quite a few people have been zapped by BFs - OR - BF researchers need to start wearing tin foil hats because they're being targeted, for whatever reason, by military assets while in they're out in the field looking for mythical beasts?

That don't add up.

-MikeInNC

Posted on Oct 21, 2011, 6:07 AM
from IP address 72.37.244.100

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MY theory on Infrasound

by DonDon

I just think that it's a severe case of anxiety. I've had an anxiety attack before and what you just described is exactly what I felt. I just don't believe it infrasound

Posted on Oct 21, 2011, 6:45 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: MY theory on Infrasound

by SasquatchMs

lol well that really sucks

Posted on Oct 23, 2011, 1:36 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good answer Don...

by Monster Hunter

I've seen a few get overcome by anxiety...

One person was hearing and seeing things the other two of us couldn't...had to remove his butt from the area before he freaked out on us...

Posted on Oct 23, 2011, 5:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Jim, kinda like folks that get Skunked

by DonDon

out by one of these creatures and say they get all confused and disoriented. That's just plain out FEAR right there. Their minds can't comprehind the odor at that moment and they get confused and scaterbrained

Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 6:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I've seen a few get there brain scrambled from the stench...

by Monster Hunter

Had no idea where they were and what they were doing but could remember smelling a horrible smell...LOL...drove to a man's home late one evening...he met me at the door asking did these Monsters have a stink to them...yes they do and yes one did at his home...one of the worst I've ever smelled...

Panic attacks are more common then thought especially within a group...one gets panicky causing others to panic...kind of like screaming fire in a theater...or being lost...now being turned around in an area is tough but being lost and I mean no idea where you are will cause a person to panic...all hunters that walk in unknown areas get turned around a bit...have some idea of the general direction but not quite sure...

Years ago I took a man squirrel hunting in Lincoln Parish...he hunted the creek and I hunted an area I knew was full of cat(grey) squirrels...about 10 AM he hadn't shown up at the truck...I heard him shoot a couple of times but each shot was further down the creek...I walked in about a mile looking for him when I heard a horn blow back by our truck...walked back out and there he was...caught a ride after walking about five miles to the highway and catching a ride some twenty miles back to the truck...yes he got lost...wasn't a dry thread on him and not one squirrel...

Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 2:07 PM
from IP address 70.153.171.167

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I know when that one hit me at MC

by DonDon

and I ain't gonna lie. I was SCARED so I backed out of the area. When I came back with a couple of other folks, the smell was gone and my nerves were alot better. I was literally shaking when it hit me.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 4:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Funny thing is,,,,

by SAsquatcher

You don't always get the smell put on you when they are present!
It's the ones that don't put out that smell and tippy toe up behind you that get me neck hairs standing up.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011, 4:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They do love sneaking up on you

by DonDon

Specially when you're taking a leak and they sneak up behind ya BWAAA HAHAHA

Posted on Oct 25, 2011, 6:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Don't I know it!

by SAsquatcher

What kind of monsters are they to sneak up on a fella watering a tree,,,DIRTY DOGS!
Can't a fella get some privacy in the woods,,LOL.

Posted on Oct 29, 2011, 7:20 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

High EMF

by RubyRed

also can produce the symptoms of nausea and light headedness.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011, 3:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Describes the area I have been...

by Circlewalker

To a "T." There is a spring, Blackberry bushes, deer racoon, beaver, giant fresh water mussels, and plenty of canopy and undergrowth.Plenty of ambush points as well. I will also state that the cane/grass/reed area is the first time I have felt deathly afraid that something was in the grass area with me. On the way out I saw a trail bigger than the one three of us made on the way in that intersected our trail.

Great point for further research.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 7:03 PM
from IP address 72.182.31.39

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My areas now...

by Monster Hunter

Dusty with little to no water...mostly pine thickets with plenty of briar's...walked the creek late Saturday afternoon...not enough water for a drink and not a good one...ground is as hard as a rock even after the rain...maybe that's why the Monsters are quiet...dry mouthed...

One area of interest I'm getting reports of some Monsters screaming...probably because they need some water...in all my years I haven't seen the ponds, lakes and creeks this dry here...down at MC I saw a small turtle wade the mud to the middle of what we once called a pond...not enough water to cover his back...two of the ponds have deep water wells so they are both full...Jake and I need to check the banks around them to see what critters are coming for a drink...both are in open areas...to open for Monsters IMO...

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 4:58 PM
from IP address 74.241.228.31

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

they are hitting my ponds bigtime now

by Woodswatcher

20 yards from a pond taken on sunday

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 10:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nice...

by Monster Hunter

Looks like he may be full grown...

Posted on Oct 23, 2011, 5:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

What makes a good location for one of these creatures?

by DonDon

First and foremost, I think it's food and water with a small human population coming in 2nd.
We (GCBRO) will get a report in or I'll get a report from an individual and when I go to investigate it, that first thing I look for are food sources and water locations.

Is there alot of different food sources that will last year round? Food sources I look for are berries, fish, crawfish, mussels, deer and many small critters like Rabbits and squirrels.

Water location is important as well. Where is this water source? Is it a lake out in the middle of a pasture and the closest thick woods are a 1/2 mile away? That's not a good source. Now a natural spring in a hardwood bottom with real think cane breaks and pine thickets, that's a place that I would think would be a perfect location right there.

The location we were at this past weekend has it all IMO. Several creeks in the general area with swamps, cane breaks, new growth pine thickets along with hardwood bottoms and plenty of ambush locations. Really, it reminds me of Monster central alot with the terrain and types of timber.

Asa I walked around, I found Huckleberry bushes and even brought some back with Mary Ann ate LOL. There's crawfish all in the lake we were at plus I know there's Muscles in the lake as well. All are real good protein sources.

Lastly IMO is human population and proximity. Where we were at this weekend, there are very few people nearby. Most times you'd see a couple mobile homes and/or smaller houses all bunched up together, then nothing for several miles, then more all bunched up. All these things add up to a good location

What's ya'lls thoughts?

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 9:06 AM
from IP address 74.240.25.17

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

What you mentioned Don...

by Monster Hunter

Over the years that's what I have found to ring true...hunting season will move them closer to the rural homes more so then thought especially around the non-hunters homes...seems as if they like the homes without men which could mean Monsters fear man but not women...one area I'm working the ladies husband works off shore...though he has heard some unexplainable sounds and noises these sounds and noises seem to escalate when he's gone to work...I did take a picture of an old large track in the sand there Sunday...little definition but never the less a Monster smudge...

This past Sunday a lady mentioned Monsters coming around and not liking mobile homes...IMO folks buy these homes placing them on property in areas where there are Monsters...over the years I've received reports from folks who have done this...

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 4:07 PM
from IP address 74.241.228.254

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Check out your topo maps

by Grumpy

Don, there is a road from the south and then a short trail that goes right to where the two creeks meet, lot closer walk than from the end of the road we were on..... check it out.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 4:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: What makes a good location for one of these creatures?

by SasquatchMs

my buddy says natural funnels and chock-points in the terrain are what they utilize for ambushing and killing deer, topo maps are a must for this detailed assesment of an area. Nothing can substitute for on the ground surveying of an area. When I go out, I usually Google satellite an area and look for at least a 1km area of un-molested forest to browse...thats always a good start in rural areas.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 10:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Be careful using Google earth

by DonDon

Their better than they were but some of the Aerial photos are OLD and may be clear cut. Don;t ask me how I know this LOL

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 6:49 AM
from IP address 74.240.25.32

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

One thing I noticed...

by J

...about the place we were in. Zero traffic. Living in the city you get used to cars and even late at night the occasional car will pass down my loop. During the hours we were there not one single car passed our location or none that I heard. You become acutely aware of this when it's missing. Sounds of people.

No low altitude airplanes either, All that passed over were high. So no airport nearby. No skylight from a local town or city either. Other than the sounds of the woods it was totally remote. You could hear owls far in the distance and closer by.

Don did some calls and even those in the bottoms said they didn't hear it. People walked out of radio range and didn't encounter people or homes as far as I know. We were far enough from the lake to not hear the people there either.

Up the road were some hunters but they appeared to turn in soon after dark. When Don would do a call you could hear the echo easily.

If there is a middle to nowhere, we were there. LOL

I think Grumpy walked far enough to find a highway. He covered a lot of ground that night. So did Joey.

And again, on that dirt road while we waited for Joey to come back not a single car came by. The field we were in had been plowed but during the night not a single soul was around.

It is as Don described it, a prime location for monsters and I think we heard a few. But in this area there is so much territory to move around in the critters had plenty of area to move through. We probably caught a few passing by.

Deer hunters will probably fill this area when the gun season opens so critters may move closer to civilization. However that night I didn't notice a single deer. I'm sure they are there but they were unusually quiet and not moving around. None on the side of the road either.

Don, you couldn't have picked a better location. IMHO.
J

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 12:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Jay, I'm kinda thinking that come late December

by DonDon

when they close down the park we were at. It's going to be a prime place to check out.
From what the older man that oversees the place said, they lock down the gates from December 3rd til mid March.

HUMMM, Hunters all around the place on National Forest property and this place they can't hunt at all. Sounds like a PRIMETIME location to me to investigate.

I'll talk to the National forest folks and see if I can't get permission to go in during the off season and with the park closed. Almost sounds to perfect

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 6:55 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Primitive Camp

by Okiebear

That primitive hunting camp we passed Saturday night may be a good base camp during non-hunting season. Seemed big enough. Close to an cement road and close enough to the area you are interested in.......

OB

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 12:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

If they shut down the park...

by J

There is no reason a human soul would be in that deep. No one lives there. You are right Don, once you can't hunt there and you can't fish, no human would be in the area. Unless you just like traipsing around in the cold and dark late at night for no reason, (other than to look for critters), I doubt you would find anyone for miles.

If they do this annually then the critters probably already know where to be during hunting season, smack dab in the middle where we were. It's safe, there is plenty of food and water and no pesky humans to bother you.

Don, I think you found Sasquatch Heaven. wink.gif

J

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 3:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Tims been in there before

by dondon

And had some action as well as Torrey who cound teepee structures n had some other things happen. Barry. When gun season opens just before Thanksgiving that whole area is gonna be slam packed with folks so its going to push the creatures somewhere. Now to figure out were. Im kinda thinking the place we camped could be one place but im going to chech out up and down stream along the creeks that were there. Nice to have a place less than 2 hours away

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 6:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I don't care

by MissippiMike

WHEN ya'll go, please include me. I will do whatever is necessary to get off work.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 10:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Perhaps...

by J

When we go back in November we can do a little recon and map GPS locations around the area, where the trails are, etc. Do this in the day so when we or others go back at night in December all the places are marked? Look for sign too. I bet that field may have some along the edges and down around the creeks.
Plus I'd like to get back in the woods with Don soon too. wink.gif

J

Posted on Oct 20, 2011, 9:46 PM
from IP address 72.22.4.14

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

We'll just have to be careful

by DonDon

It IS Bow season right now

Posted on Oct 21, 2011, 6:42 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Have you considered the following

by Rob Anderson

Agricultural areas and the types of crops being grown. The deer population and their migration routes through these areas. Natural hiways used by the wildlife into the region. And Apple trees. The ones in southern michigan uses Apple trees as markers which i cannot explain but they do.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 8:42 AM
from IP address 198.109.219.254

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Few pics from the weekend

by DonDon

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 8:54 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sorry I couldn't make it but that ugly word...

by Monster Hunter

work had me down for the count...nice pictures and I do believe I recognize a few of those folks...

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 4:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You were missed Jim

by DonDon

Had a few new folks that wanted to meet ya. Next time though for sure

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 2:30 PM
from IP address 74.240.24.159

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I Just want to thank everyone that came to the campout

by DonDon

We had a great time seeing some very dear old friends. Bob, Ken, Rogan, Barry, Jay and all yous guys spouses.
Then add in some new blood along with the guys from here in Mississippi and one from Tennessee and it all ads up to a great time.

We even had some action sitting out Saturday night. We took about a dozen people out that night and went into a few different locations, all near the bottoms. We (Nessa, Jay, Mike, Rogan, Gary, Joeys brother in law and myself, were sitting down in a plowed green patch about a 1/2 mile off the dead end dirt road, had something thrown in between Nessa and Mike.

I don't think it was a rock and it wasn't something falling out of the trees. I've been thinking about it and it HAD to be a dirt clod since we checked the are it landed and there was only dirt, that's it. I think something eased up into the field, grabbed a dirt clod and the moved around and threw it at us. in my mind, that's the only thing that could have happened since nothing was found at all where it landed.

Tell ya, I've had things happen when I've let out a call but it seemed like this night, that every time I screamed, the woods came alive. The owls went off each time and then one time, we got the bionic not once but 8 TIMES coming from behind us. It wasn't stationary but moved at a constant pace. moving in and then away from us.

This is one beautiful area and I will be back down here doing research on many occasion.
Course it helps that it's about 1/2 way towards my new grand daughter, motivation in itself to head that way!!!

Thanks so much guys for coming and those who couldn't make it, you really did miss a wonderful time, not only researching but just the fellowship we had. We have the best group out there with alot of no nonsense researchers.

Thanks guys and can't wait to see ya again.

PLEASE never give away an exact location when asked, just a common courtesy. Just say central mississippi when asked.

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 6:24 AM
from IP address 74.240.7.119

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Great Weekend!!

by Vanessa

I too just want to say it was a great time this past weekend. So good to see the familiar faces as well a meeting some new people. I have really missed these get togethers & am looking forward to future ones. Really looking forward to getting back out & doing some more research as well.

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 7:12 AM
from IP address 216.97.245.204

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

THANK YOU..........................

by Ken3030

for hosting the event and for all of the great food and company. Like someone said the pulled pork was great. Jambalaya was OK, but I need to show you how a coonass makes a jambalaya tho. LOL The chili Barry's wife cooked was awesome too!

Ken

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 11:11 AM
from IP address 70.154.176.133

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I don;t want no

by DonDon

Beaver or Raccoon in in Ken BWAAA HAHAHA Sho am glad you made it and that we had time to sit and BS

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 1:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh, NO.......

by Ken3030

never use beaver in my jambalaya..............hmmmm...........maybe coon though! LOL

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 8:12 PM
from IP address 184.38.116.249

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL, I've eaten coon

by DonDon

beaver and whatever else the guy could shoot in his stew back when I was a teen. Only nasty thing was a dang possom, GROSS, It's real greasy

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 8:51 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Possum?...

by Monster Hunter

Did you have to lick your butt to get the taste out of your mouth?...nasty little creatures that will eat anything...years back when I ran coyotes with dogs we would go to the dead cow pile to turn our dogs loose...sometimes the only critter that came out of a dead cow was a possum...

But...I do think Monsters have a taste for them or else they're extremely hungry...walking trails by the shot gun stand I've seen dead possums on the ground, eyes wide open with me thinking a live animal...turned them over and the hide was neatly cut from the head to the tail and not a piece of meat anywhere...

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 4:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I Agree Jim,,,

by SAsquatcher

Nasty little varmints they are!
They will start eating in the rear end of a dead cow and eat their way right out the front.
Disgusting little critters but at least they do help clean up the woods.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 11:00 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks

by Okiebear

too everybody for a great weekend and good food..... Very pretty park.

OB

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 8:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I just want to Thank Don...

by Jay

...for a great weekend! Thanks to all who made it a great venture! wink.gif
J

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 12:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks Jay

by DonDon

What's wierd is this is the first time that you and I have been out in the woods and we've known one another since 2007 or so.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011, 6:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I only got 2 pictures from the Trail cameras

by DonDon

barry was one and here's the other one. When shining the lights, I didn't notice any fog but I guess it had since it shows up in the pics. Here's that pic and see the Orbs?

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 6:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: I only got 2 pictures from the Trail cameras

by Ken3030

Weird pic! I didn't see any fog out there either!

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 11:05 AM
from IP address 70.154.176.133

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Fog

by Grumpy

Easily explained.... this fog was created after bear walked the path, all that chilli does have side effects....................................

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 12:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

you got a point Bob

by DonDon

It was hurting me and everyone else around me walking around that night LOL DANG GOOD stuff though

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 1:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Gift that keeps on giving..... Your Welcome.....n/t...

by Okiebear

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 8:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That may NOT be fog, Don

by RubyRed

It maybe what they call spectral mist and yes, you do seem to have an orb in the shot, too.
Was that what you were asking?
wink.gif

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 2:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

OK, got to thinking

by DonDon

I MAY have had a cigarette going when I was picking up the camera LOL

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 6:43 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes you did......... n/t

by Okiebear

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 8:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MISSISSIPPI SWAMP CRITTER PICTURE!!!!!!!!

by DonDon

Boy, he sure is one UGLY joker, ain't he LOL LOL

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 6:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You know that paybacks is Hexx, Don

by RubyRed

don't you?
wink.gif

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 2:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They better be

by DonDon

I'd expect nothing less

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 6:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Scary

by Okiebear

I did have enough time too see that light and know it was going to flash so I was swinging my arms like Patty........

OB

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 8:34 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Old Homestead.

by J

Coming back from the Ms Meeting Edith and I had a little adventure trying to find my grandparents old homestead in Jasper county. It's been years since I was there. Growing up we would visit when I was a child. It was here that my grandfather (PawPaw) told me about "Swamp Apes."

After some driving I found the old homestead!
[linked image]

This is what it looks like now. Back in the 80's they did some work on the house and I heard in the 90's it was rented out for a while. Now it has fallen back into ruin and looks nothing like it did when I was little.

This view is looking up from the house to my aunt and uncle's old barn.
[linked image]

In 1973 Boggy Creek came out and about a week later we went to my grandparents house. This is when I asked my pawpaw about foulk monsters and he told me about the swamp apes that would come up to the pond behind the house. My grandmother referred to them as "nasty" which made me think she must have seen them doing something immoral or lewd. It was something of a taboo subject but pawpaw would go fishing with a rifle. He said, "As long as they stayed on their side of the pond he wasn't afraid of them." But he kept the rifle handy anyway.

I remember well taking baths in a wash tub, drawing water from the well and back then they only had an outhouse. Yes, it was rural then and now. Originally this was an old shotgun house with only one power line running to it and they had a single bulb in the living room for light. They did have a propane tank for fuel and a stove by the 70's. Before that mawmaw used a wood stove.

Anyway, pawpaw was well aware of the swamp apes and referred to them no different than any other animal in the area. But it wasn't a topic of discussion so getting info was not easy back then. I do have a few stories if anyone is interested.

I had not been to this area since the late 70's but now I think I will make contact with the current owners and see if I can go poke around behind the old house soon, and go down to the pond back there. Plus I want to take more photos of the old house and maybe some video too. If for no other reason than to have some home movies.

This place brings back many old memories and the scary stories I heard as a child. My pawpaw had a 6th grade education and was not prone to making up stories. His actions told me the critters were there, as he always took a rifle or shotgun down to the pond. He had a little pistol to shoot snakes with. Obviously the rifle and shotgun was for something much bigger. My mawmaw didn't like talking about them, she would just get quiet and seemed disgusted when I would bring up the subject. I learned not to talk about it openly very early.

And if it hadn't been for Boggy Creek I might never have brought up the subject and got my pawpaw to talk about them.

Anyway, I thought I'd share the photos and some of the story. It was good to get back there and find the old place. wink.gif
J

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 12:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Awesome Story Jay

by DonDon

and it's neat you got to go back and see the place you went to as a child. KNOW the memories came flooding back. If we go back down in November, lets do it before gun season opens up

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 7:27 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Camping

by J

Before we left Edith and I agreed to go back camping, probably in November before it gets very cold. She loved the place. I'll let people know when we go and maybe we can have a few come too. I'm headed up to PA for Eric Altman's conference this weekend. After that we will plan something. We'd love it if some others can join us camping. wink.gif

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 11:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My Grandmother's family

by RubyRed

lived in McCool, Columbus and Jackson, Mississippi. She and I traveled to visit all of the relatives, including her daughter my aunt, during the summers. I got on a train the first week in June and didn't come home until the end of August (school didn't start until Tuesday after Labor Day). I remember bathing in a washtub, going to the outhouse at night with my granny and a flashlight and stoking the wood-burning stove in my Great-Aunt Ivy's kitchen each morning. During the early 1950s the summer weather was a great deal cooler than it is now and that stove felt great once I got it going. They boiled their coffee with egg shells. I picked fresh corn, dug up 'new' potatoes and brought in the eggs from the hen house. Great Aunt Ivy was one of the best cooks I ever knew. I LOVED every day I stayed in their old house with it's tin roof (rain on that roof was a show in itself). My Great Uncle Elmer created a 'canopy' over my iron bedstead to keep the dead spiders out of my bed. The Dirt Daubers and the spiders fought nightly battles in the open rafters and I got the pleasure of sleeping with several spider carcases until Great Uncle performed magic with an old sheet. THOSE WERE THE DAYS.

Raided a watermelon patch late one night and got the scare of a lifetime...but that's a story for another day.
happy.gif

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 2:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey RR! I'm up for a good story. Do tell soon! :) ...n/t

by

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 1:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cool old homestead Jay. Thanks for sharing!

by

That old barn looks like an invite for a sleepy monster. Keep us posted of your return trip there. Would love to hear your stories if you decide to post them.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011, 1:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MS meeting

by Mississippi Squatcher

Had a great time meeting everyone. Intersting evening of research. Despite being exhausted I had a good time. Haven't reviewed the thermal yet. Keep your fingers crossed.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011, 8:31 PM
from IP address 166.137.14.174

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Grumpy.....

by Gary-bob

Hey man, I tried emailing you when I got home. But both email sites I used could not send to the email address that you gave me on the card. Is there any other way to get ahold of you,my friend?

Posted on Oct 16, 2011, 8:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sent you an email from the same account..... N/T

by Grumpy

n/t

Posted on Oct 17, 2011, 9:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Google