Gulf Coast BigFoot Research Organizations Message Board

For the serious discussion of Bigfoot encounters, and sharing of information about these elusive creatures. Please, do NOT abuse this forum, or you will be filtered from any future postings to our Message Board. This is a Moderated Forum. Any postings will be approved by the Moderator. The Moderator reserves the right to expose or bring to light, any person or entities who hoax, fabricate, lie, cheat, steal or any other dishonest activity that brings a negative light or reaction to the Bigfoot Research Field. The Moderator also has the right to respond to any and all attacks against the Moderation of this Forum and or the GCBRO in any way deemed necessary. For the haters and fabricators out there who seek to do no more than slander, or try to create issues for the Moderator or the GCBRO, you have been warned.

WE DO NOT RECOMMEND SHOWING YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR POST'S.

Some post's that mention certain other person's, OR entitie's, are not allowed. We will not permit any free publicity for those that try to create problems for the GCBRO, or any other legitimate research group's, or individual!

MODERATED BOARD
NEW VISITORS
SUBMIT YOUR INFO BEFORE POSTING

Registration is required prior to the approval of your posts. Please submit the following information:

1. Full Name

2. Email Address given you by your Internet Service Provider. (Hotmail, or Yahoo will not suffice.)

3. Physical Address

4. Name, or Alias, you wish to use when posting.

E-MAIL GCBRO MODERATOR

Sasquatch on deer cam

by Shampe Hunter

Found this picture on Louisiana Sportsman under the above title.
http://www.louisianasportsman.com/
It is under Reports/Forum. Not saying this is legit, but it is interesting to me the comments people make regarding the subject. What people have never seen they will never understand and for some they will not beleive what they see even when a body is produced. Well I have seen.. and truth be told that is why I carry a big stick 90% of the time I am researching. I was pro kill at one time and have hunted with Jim & Bobby, not so much now do I feel I want to harvest one for science. With that said....any sighn of aggression and I would not hesitate to pull the trigger. What do you guy's think?

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 7:40 PM
from IP address 63.123.72.11

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Can you kinda refine your link?

by SAsquatcher

I don't really see anything BF related.
Maybe you can zero in on it a little better for us?

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 8:07 PM
from IP address 75.1.112.32

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Zero in

by Shampe Hunter

Open louisianasportsman.com
Open Forums - Hunting - Deer
Thread = Sasquatch on deer cam

or

On home page there is a quick linc on the right hand side = Report / Forum
Sasquatch on deer cam.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011, 7:43 AM
from IP address 63.123.72.11

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'll do it Shampe Hunter no problemo.

by SAsquatcher

Here is the page he is talking about.
What I was talking about is linking straight to the article to save a lot of hunting around
http://www.louisianasportsman.com/lpca/index.php?section=reports&event=view&action=full_report&id=151454&sid=8b30ad627cc1ae8d78c27d8297b04192

Posted on Nov 27, 2011, 7:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That's why I like to watch these from time to time,,,

by SAsquatcher

You never know what you are gonna see.

http://www.sportsmansparadiseonline.com/Live_Webcams.html

Posted on Nov 27, 2011, 8:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Love Live Cams

by RubyRed

At one time I had the live cam of Telluride Colorado on my computer. I'd click on it and watch the weather change and the people, cars and trucks driving up and down Colorado Street there. I loved watching the animals feed on the three different cameras and then added it to my favs. Thanks for posting.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011, 6:59 AM
from IP address 76.31.46.182

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is the blow up.

by SAsquatcher

Looks like a Halloween mask to me.
[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Posted on Nov 27, 2011, 7:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Looks like ,,,

by SAsquatcher

A one eyed undead zombie Bigfoot.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011, 7:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

17 to 19" impression...

by Monster Hunter

This impression was found at one of my contacts homes...it appears the toe to the left is weird...several weeks back I took a picture of an impression in her yard that had a weird looking toe with me thinking something, dog or other smaller critter, must have stepped in the track...

[linked image]

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 2:05 PM
from IP address 98.67.114.16

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good find, N/T

by SAsquatcher

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 3:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kind of

by

odd that there isn't any grass or anything else under where the print is, except at the toe/front pad area. On the impression that I found on the leaf-covered ground near where the tree had bee moved (well, 40 yards away or so), the leaves were pressed so hard & flat that they were paper thin, and some dirt was visible too. What do you think causes that, especially where thick grass is? Btw, I'm 245 lbs & I did not make an impression on the ground litter at all here.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011, 4:58 PM
from IP address 75.106.19.222

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Btw...

by

I apologize again if I'm asking stupid questions. I can (and have) track a deer through all kinds of thickets (and have even accurately estimated rack size based on rubbing behavior & size), and have tracked a black bear here in South MS, but outside of books & tv, this one is new to me

Posted on Nov 29, 2011, 5:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The impression...

by Monster Hunter

Was next to the house in a sandy base...little grass and some pine straw...I also have pictures of tracks in this same type of substrate...several four toed and one good five toe...reports of something hitting or knocking on the house...

Monster hunting is a complete different type of tracking...you'll find very few good tracks and impressions so I look for mashed down vegetation along with push and scuff marks...Last week I found some good impressions at a mans home...saw a pretty well used trail and could see a good impression, almost a track, where it crossed the creek...stepped in the middle of this dry creek bed but in the middle of some bunched up pine straw...all seasoned BFers I know will tell you tracking is difficult to say the least...

Posted on Nov 29, 2011, 5:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I don't remember if I

by

posted it or not, but while my oldest daughter was spending the night here Thursday night, something woke her up during the night hitting the side of our home. One hit woke her up (she's a light sleeper). Whatever it was hit two more times, with each hit separated by 30 seconds or so, give or take. She was sleeping in the den (east side of home), and whatever it was hit the living room wall (West side of the home). The home is 28 feet wide, and she was close to the middle. She said it hit the outside wall very hard. My wife & I didn't hear it because in addition to the central heat & air, I run a window unit by my side of the bed.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011, 5:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I gotta have one!

by EasTexSteve

I don't know if all of you heard the news last year about Texas governor (and presidential candidate) Rick Perry. He was out jogging with his dog when they were confronted by a coyote who made a move on the dog. Well, Gov Perry pulled his pocket pistol and put a round in the coyote, sending him to that big coyote roundup in the sky. I didn't know this, but Ruger made a commemorative pistol to celebrate the occasion and called it the "Ruger LCP Coyote Special." They only produced 1,000 units, and each box bears Gov Perry's signature. Here's a link to some pictures. Nice shot, Gov Rick.

[img="[linked image]" /img]

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 7:49 PM
from IP address 96.15.235.131

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sweet!

by SAsquatcher

That'll do the trick!

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 12:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

a fitting caliber for Perry..

by Sasquatchms

380 acp...id agree w/ that.

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 1:36 PM
from IP address 65.5.214.74

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I've killed a bunch of them..

by EasTexSteve

I've killed a bunch of them with a .22. A .380 should be plenty.

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 5:37 PM
from IP address 98.134.188.39

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: a fitting caliber for Perry..

by Anonymous

.380 for Perry makes sense.......

He was against illegal immigration

THEN

He modified his stance on illegals (doing a "180")

BUT

If he wants wants to be the GOP nominee, he'll have to return to his original stance - thereby completing his.....

380!

happy.gif

Ruger .32 and Ruger .380, the original Kel-Tec knockoffs

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

-MikeInNC

Posted on Nov 28, 2011, 9:06 AM
from IP address 72.37.244.100

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ok, I've got a question

by

How strong are these things (monsters)? I bought a piece of land that has never previously been occupied, and which is surrounded by a few thousand acres of timberland and large private holdings. My only neighbor is within sight, but he has only been here since 2007, and works away from home sometimes for weeks at a time.

When my wife & I were looking at the land, I took her and my 2 daughters to see a beautiful oak ridge that I had found while surveying for the owner. In order to get to the ridge, we had to cross a large fallen oak tree. The tree's root ball was exposed, and the tree's trunk was elevated off the ground, so we could go over it, which I did because of my height & size, or under it, which they did because of their much smaller size. It was kind of thick on either end of the tree, or we thought it was at least.

Today, my brother-in-law Rod and I were out walking around our land, as he & my sister had not been down to visit since we bought the place. We walked though our hardwood bottom (which begins within a few yards of our home), crossed our creeks, and then came up out of the bottom up toward the oak ridge. When we got up there, we started to bypass the ridge when we noticed a lot of yellow clay/sand piled up in the direction of the ridge. We walked up that way, and I recognized it as the spot where the downed oak was when my wife, kids, and I walked up that way the previous spring. We saw the big oak, but the root ball had been lifted out of the hole and shoved about 10 feet UPHILL from where it was. There was yellow clay/sand all the way from the hole it had been in to where it now rests, a couple of feet wide and half a foot or so deep. The upper part of the downed tree (that was the top when it had been standing years ago) was shoved even further away, and saplings that had been growing on the uphill side were now bowed over with their tops under the large log. However, there are no scrape marks on the saplings. There has been no heavy equipment or equipment of any kind on my property in that area, and there is no sign of any being there, or of any traveling in that direction from any direction. I absolutely have no explanation for how the log, which must weight thousands of pounds, could have gotten lifted out of the depression it was in and shoved up the slight hill (not a steep grade, just a slight one). Any ideas?

Also, a few nights ago, my mother (who lives with us) said that she heard something emitting a low, guttural growl somewhere near her end of our home. Her room is on the South end of our home, which is the end nearest to the hardwood bottom. She said that our dog Muffin barked at whatever it was, and that it growled some more, but ceased after Muffin kept barking. Muffin is a beagle mix, and does not have a deep growl.

Last night, my oldest daughter, Abigail, age 15, said that she was awakened by something hitting the side of our home. She turned toward the living room, and whatever it was hit the side of the house again. She tried to figure out what it was, and it hit the house one more time. The hits vere very hard, and were about 10 seconds apart. Abigail lives with her mother in Pascagoula, MS, and was up staying with us for a few days. She was sleeping in the den, so that she could watch tv as long as she wanted. I have MS, and sleep with the ac on, a ceiling fan on, and a window unit on in the window on my side of the bed, so I cannot hear anything outside mine & my wife's bedroom.

What do you guys think?

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 7:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is my formula.

by SAsquatcher

Chimps and most primates have massive upper body strength, about 5 times what a human does.
Now an average human male can lift his weight, so if you carry that over then a chimp the same size can do 5 times that!
Now if you carry that over to an 8 ft tall 500 pound Sasquatch, if they have the same upper body strength as a chimp,,well you get the picture!

Here is an article to back that up.
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=559145

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 7:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Ok, I've got a question

by Anonymous

Sounds like a nice property. How many acres?
Fallen trees settle. As that happens the tree shifts and moves. That would be my guess with your oak.

The hits on the side of the house? There's an explanation but I don't know what it could be not being there.

t.

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 8:50 AM
from IP address 99.242.72.112

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good and IMO accurate answer...

by Monster Hunter

"Fallen trees settle. As that happens the tree shifts and moves."

and yes I have see these blow downs shift after limbs weaken and give away under the weight of the truck...

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 9:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Keep in mind, guys...

by

I'm no newby to the woods, fallen trees, how natural processes work, etc. I've been in the land surveying field for 20 years, spending nearly every work day in the woods, and my main hobbies have kept me on the woods when I haven't been at work, even in the decades prior to entering the surveying field. I've seen countless leaning rotten trees eventually fall because the limbs under them finally give way. I do not know what caused the root ball of this tree to move from the depression that was created when it first fell, to where it now sits 8 or 10 feet uphill of that. It was strange enough and different enough from any other similar rotted over fallen tree I have seen to cause me to take a serious second look and ask about it. The smearing of yellow loamy clay from the original depression to where the root ball now sits gives me the impression of something lifting it out of the depression and shoving it to where it is now. I will certainly check it out again, though, to see if there is something that indicates otherwise, and to get a few pics. The upper part of the tree absolutely fits the MO of a leaning tree falling because the limbs supporting it gave way. The root ball appearing to be lifted & shoved over is the part that has me perplexed.

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 12:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Pictures would give us a better idea...

by Monster Hunter

Have or did you find any tracks around the tree?...and is this the area you have been doing your research in?...

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 1:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Now I AM a newbie at...

by

BF research, lol. I have not been involved in any, though I do have a report in the Stone Co. MS database from 2002 where one of my survey crews found some really oddly stripped trees while running a line. I will go back & take some pics. I had not been to the area where this fallen tree is for several months because I found a better way to the oak ridge from where we wound up placing our home and started using that the few times I have actually visited it. I have recently planted a food plot on the ridge 50-60 yards north of this area. The tree looks like it was moved a few months ago, and we have had a few hard rains since then, so no prints. I did see something about 20 yards south of there while coming out of the bottom (before we even saw the tree) that looked like a print, but I discounted it because I didn't see any other prints, and I would have to crawl to get through the direction it was pointing.

I guess I will be researching in the area now until I can rule out anything further going on. I was planning on putting out game cams anyway for deer, and I usually leave them out all season, just changing out the SD cards unless I move them. I have 6 of them.

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 6:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good deal...

by Monster Hunter

Don't do as I use to do but do as I say...take pictures and plenty of them...I could kick myself in the rear end for not documenting...you'll find that your camera is a valuable piece of equipment while in the field...

Posted on Nov 27, 2011, 8:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Has anybody seen this one?

by SAsquatcher

It's certainly interesting along with some of these guys theories.
Tell us what you guys think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSfR2Z3UBfE

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 1:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re;Has anyone...

by Gary-bob

Yeah,I've seen that video on Youtube while looking for new footage.If it's a fake,it's a pretty decent one. I can't say for sure weither it's a fake or not,but it is a decent video clip.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 2:03 PM
from IP address 208.82.45.102

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

One thing right off the bat,,,

by SAsquatcher

No eye shine, just flat black eyes!
For an animal that is usually only seen at night because of the blood red eye shine, to be staring straight into a flashlight and giving off ZERO eye shine whatsoever,,well it seems a bit farfetched!

We are talking about reports of even being able to see the eye shine on a moon lit night from a pretty good distance away.

In fact I know credible folks who have even seen the eyeshine in the daytime when the sun hit these animals just right, I even know one guy who can't get it out of his head and wishes he had not seen because it spooked him so bad!

Is my mind made up about this one,,no,,I'm just weighing in all the evidence and that little tidbit just doesn't add up.
Look on down below!
It should look more like THIS.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 5:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yep...

by

I agree. That is the first thing I noticed on that video when I first saw it. The face looks really good, but every known animal, especially mammals, that have night vision, have the highly reflective tapetum lucidum which is what causes eye shine when light is shined into the eye. Only a blind animal would not display eye shine, and even that is debatable. The camera guy also just happens to go straight to the BF while making all kinds of noise, and the BF just stays in one spot and waits for him to get there & film it, which is a little suspicious as well.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 6:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yep, I'm leaning more toward,,,,

by SAsquatcher

Bulls***.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 7:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

As a rule

by RubyRed

Wouldn't the animal have pink eyes instead of black eyes, IF it was a true Albino? Everyone I've known through the years and I went to the same college with two Albinos, had pink, very sensitive to light eyes...My thoughts on it...hoax.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011, 7:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hows was everyone's Thanksgiving??

by Gary-bob

Mine went well.Spent it with my parents,brother,and uncle. Also got to see my kids for the first time in several months.That made both my and my parents day. Didn't get to do any hunting for either deers or bf. Hope everyone's Thanksgiving went well.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 10:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Awesome!

by

We got the best surprise ever, as my sister Andie, brother-in-law Rod, and their daughter Rachel made a surprise trip from North Carolina, and we did not know they were here until they came out of the spare bedroom with their video camera at my cousin's house where we were having Thanksgiving! Rod and I even got to roam around my place and do a little monster hunting!

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 6:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Need more be said?

by SAsquatcher

A picture is worth a thousand words.
On this thanksgiving day, we need to be thankful as well to the men and women who have fought and given their lives to protect the freedoms that we all cherish and at times take for granted.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 4:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Permits required to film Bigfoot?

by MikeInNC

Where there's a government agency, there's a way......

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/23/taking-liberties-big-foot-spotted-needs-permit/

LOL! happy.gif

-MikeInNC

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 8:14 AM
from IP address 72.37.244.100

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just my opinion...but I think our government has forgotten...

by Monster Hunter

who the government is suppose to be here in our country...

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 12:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Right you are

by RubyRed

and some of those in government are going to be a reminder of who works FOR whom come election day. Just MHO
happy.gif

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 9:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Check this out

by Birddog

Giants in Peru
Recently I took a trip to Peru and guess what jumped out at me in some of the museums I visited there? Yes, it was giants. In Peru they are not whisked away like they are in the USA. (It should be noted that there have been hundreds of giant discoveries in the USA that have been either ignored or taken into custody by the Smithsonian never to be seen again.) The Incas actually had kings that were giants and had red and blond hair. In the Gold Museum in Lima you can still see the clothing and head of an Incan king who stood an easy 10 feet tall. His golden robe is 8 feet long and did not touch the ground when he wore it. His gold gloves are twice as long as my hands. His dried and mummified head is easily twice the size of mine and I'm not a little person. There are two giants and their belongings in the Gold Museum in Lima Peru. Everywhere you go in Peru there are giant skulls and skeletons. Many of the skulls are not normal looking either, and they are not all thousands of years old. In most cases we are talking hundreds of years.

Peru Egypt Comparison I think it is interesting to compare the Peruvian skulls to the Egyptian busts especially when you think they both built massive structures of stone that we can't explain. Does it prove anything? No, just interesting.

Ica Museum Skulls Peru Now, before you start yelling about head binding and Indian cradle boards. You should know that head binding and cradle boarding can change the shape of a skull but it cannot change the capacity of a skull. The skulls shown above and to the right have from two to two and a half times the brain capacity of a normal skull. Sort of like an ounce of clay. You can mash it around all you want but it will never be two ounces of clay.

National Geographic Photo From the 1920s

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 6:55 AM
from IP address 74.249.134.129

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The below URL will take you to the article...

by Monster Hunter

http://thy-weapon-of-war.blogspot.com/2009/12/there-were-giants-in-earth-in-those.html

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 12:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

What reasoning would there be...

by Monster Hunter

by not openly showing remains of giants if there is evidence?...what's the big deal?...

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 12:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There must be something about them,,,,,

by SAsquatcher

That our "Big Brother" Government doesn't want us to know!
That's ok though, I know how to spot when they are lying,,,,when their lips are moving!

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 4:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'm not sure

by MissippiMike

by any means, but perhaps some of them may have had skulls similar to the one Lloyd Pye has(the starchild skull). Lone Wolf's website is EXTREMELY thought provoking...have you read the articles on the Jewish Holocaust possibly being a hoax??? Man, wow. I had heard that before but thought it was just people propagating the story who hate Jews. It looks like, IF these stories/books are true, that it may NOT be propaganda after all. What do you think?

Posted on Nov 24, 2011, 5:58 PM
from IP address 98.251.134.147

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Map of Scary Things...BEWARE

by Pie Grande

Came across this map about "Who's coming to get us".

No Chupacabras, no skunk apes, nor Honey Island swamp monster, so it's no so accurate.

Some are not so funny or are too obscure.

[linked image]

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 5:40 PM
from IP address 68.63.209.169

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They missed one...

by

The Zobama curse.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 12:17 AM
from IP address 96.254.3.232

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Map of scary things...

by Anonymous

What is a cthulu? Located in TN.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 1:13 AM
from IP address 98.81.17.91

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They missed one more thing,,,,

by SAsquatcher

My EX,,,
Also located in TN,,LOL.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 5:10 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is a cthulhu link.

by SAsquatcher

http://www.cracked.com/funny-1911-cthulhu/

Posted on Nov 26, 2011, 8:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Really disappointed now........

by Ken3030

they show Louisiana getting vampires, I was looking forward to throwing some lead at some zombies! I might just have to move now...........LOL

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 7:33 AM
from IP address 70.154.176.133

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They need to change Mississippi to

by DonDOn

REVERSE RACISM. That'd be more in line

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 7:41 AM
from IP address 74.240.24.9

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

HAHAHAHAHA!

by MissippiMike

SO true!

Posted on Nov 24, 2011, 6:00 PM
from IP address 98.251.134.147

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

so true about Oklahoma

by woodswatcher

every single time I am in the woods I manage to see some sort of creepy crawly that I didn't have a clue existed. those black gnats, seed ticks and woods mosquito's are the minions of the Devil.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 8:04 AM
from IP address 99.69.104.250

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Vampires in Louisiana?...doubtful since we all know...

by Monster Hunter

our Monsters enjoy snacking on a vampire or two at night...if they mentioned werewolf then maybe we would all agree especially since the southern Louisiana folk lore speaks of the Lugaru...

That reminds me of a story told me some months back...man at his deer lease...he sees a snouted long haired large Monster watching him from some brush...he immediately rides his four wheeler out of the area with this Monster hot on his tail...next day or two his son and another man ride into the area...same thing happens to them...unfortunately I haven't spoken to any witness at this time but was told the above by a trusted friend who I haven't seen or spoken with in some time...maybe I should make a phone call to see if I can meet the witness and poke around on the lease...more then likely if I do I just believe I'll take my shot gun...just in case...

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 1:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That's because

by RubyRed

the Vampire LeStat lives in New Orleans or at least his creator, Anne Rice, still does although I hear that she's given up the vampire lore...

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 9:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I thought all vampires

by

in the US lived in Forks, WA....that's what my 15 year old says, anyway

Posted on Nov 29, 2011, 6:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cannibals

by RubyRed

in Texas. Naw. That's just a myth. We have Chupas, crazy football fanatics, flying lizards and my ex-husband...No, wait. I guess we do have cannibals.

Love all of you! Thanks for posting the map Edith. You da bomb!
RR

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 9:27 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mysterious, triangle-shaped ‘alien skull’ found in Peru

by SAsquatcher

How is this for mind blowing?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/mysterious-triangle-shaped-alien-skull-found-peru-161615656.html?fb_action_ids=10150384428801243%2C10150382630906243&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_source=other_multiline&code=AQBDFGrHsQ6iRE5s9e5nI2L5nvEV9KDsqH-LiN00UzRuPl8Vp0QZ9cp6ZeoSYeY78OH6K3k4WdrXsjw_jxisQF1w2b-wsuToV9arDhm9coO_DD_LnQKi1v-1QcaKvL096Ssqo-K27WfHTuu72f6f17tTvzQsU77jJfWizBZJpAtTqD9TvfuIzTg8dz4GCAkzuc7jffiNwsC7ovfZNVIfJXwM#_=_

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 3:37 PM
from IP address 173.174.169.161

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Didn't the...

by Terry

Incas 'wrap' skulls to get that shape? It was a cultural thing with those people I believe. I've seen it described before and the skulls looked like this one.

t.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 6:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yeah but the weird thing is,,,,

by SAsquatcher

Look at the size of the eye sockets.
It's weird to be sure.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 5:08 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The shape yes,,but,,,

by SAsquatcher

Not the capacity or the features, it doesn't look human.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011, 2:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Preliminary Nuclear DNA Results

by sasquatch

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2011/11/first-preliminary-data-on-bigfoot.html#moretop

well from what I gather we are dealing w/ a relic homonid I guess. Still waiting on Ketchums results though. Humans have existed w/ other homonids in the past before and during the last Ice Age..Its a slim chance but It appears (aside from the orang pendek) that a couple species managed to survive.

sasquatchms
Carson

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 5:50 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Bigfoot...

by Terry

steak for sale? Doesn't know if it's a bf or a bear? Is it just me or...

t.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 9:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

One puny steak...

by Monster Hunter

A simple imbecile would know to keep body parts if they had access to them...how about a hand, a foot or even better the head not some lousy steak supposedly cut from a Monster...

The more this drags out the more I'm thinking someone could be blowing smoke...

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 11:27 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

food critics

by woodswatcher

would be all over that.

medium rare bigfoot filet in a Zifindal mushroom sauce. complemented with roasted Baby Carrots and steamed Russian Kale and Truffles.

that meal alone would go for $25,000 dollars.

I would rather eat Manatee Tail though.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 1:43 PM
from IP address 70.184.248.252

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: One puny steak...

by Versatile

Seems it would be very ignorant to not keep as much possible; as well as the visual power of a head or hand etc.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 1:44 PM
from IP address 68.70.76.22

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

All hunters...

by Monster Hunter

would know this was a unique animal even if they haven't ever heard of a BF...fingers, toes, shape of foot would be an excellent indicator the critter was unusual to say the least...maybe they did keep a corpse or body parts?...but then again...maybe they didn't or maybe they didn't have anything to collect...

I guess or hope time will eventually tell us the truth but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting...

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 2:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That's what I think!!! LOTS of smoke.......... n/t

by Ken3030

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 2:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ya'll let me know ehen all this is over

by DonDon

smoke is right Jim.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 1:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

HAPPY TANKSGIVING!!!

by Gary-bob

I like to wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Posted on Nov 21, 2011, 8:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Back at ya bro

by DonDon

We did ours this past weekend. That way the kids don;t have to be at 9 different places T Day. OK and that we can go to the coast and spend 4 days to hehe

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 6:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

We did one this past weekend as well Don...

by Monster Hunter

But we're having the traditional Thanksgiving dinner Thursday here at the house...remembering the good old days...we would hunt to around noon...come in and eat and go back and hunt til dark...oh, I still hunt...a place to lay down after I eat...

All have a safe holiday and enjoy your families...

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 2:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

And from the Tullos family as well,,,

by SAsquatcher

Happy Thanksgiving everybody,,be safe and don't eat too much,,,(Like I always end up doing,,LOL).

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 4:38 PM
from IP address 173.174.169.161

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

by

It's a great day to get stuffed on great food and give thanks for all the blessing you've received since the last big feast day. Knowing myself...if I had monsters on my property I most likely would leave them a Thanksgiving feast also. I'm that type of person. happy.gif

Ya all stay safe!

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 12:11 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Gratitude

by Squatchman

Celebrating a day of Gratitude,a day of Thanksgiving.I am thankful for everything and everyone I have in my life and wishing to say Thank You for everyone on this message board for such a giving place of knowledge and friendliness and camaraderie.

Danny Sears "Squatchman"

Posted on Nov 23, 2011, 2:54 PM
from IP address 66.142.189.157

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Now THIS is scary!

by EasTexSteve

Just read it, and let it soak in....

- - -

BCM Has Ceased Operations (source)
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - November 17, AD 2011 10:27 AM MST
Dear Clients, Industry Colleagues and Friends of Barnhardt Capital Management,

It is with regret and unflinching moral certainty that I announce that Barnhardt Capital Management has ceased operations. After six years of operating as an independent introducing brokerage, and eight years of employment as a broker before that, I found myself, this morning, for the first time since I was 20 years old, watching the futures and options markets open not as a participant, but as a mere spectator.

The reason for my decision to pull the plug was excruciatingly simple: I could no longer tell my clients that their monies and positions were safe in the futures and options markets because they are not. And this goes not just for my clients, but for every futures and options account in the United States. The entire system has been utterly destroyed by the MF Global collapse. Given this sad reality, I could not in good conscience take one more step as a commodity broker, soliciting trades that I knew were unsafe or holding funds that I knew to be in jeopardy.

The futures markets are very highly-leveraged and thus require an exceptionally firm base upon which to function. That base was the sacrosanct segregation of customer funds from clearing firm capital, with additional emergency financial backing provided by the exchanges themselves. Up until a few weeks ago, that base existed, and had worked flawlessly. Firms came and went, with some imploding in spectacular fashion. Whenever a firm failure happened, the customer funds were intact and the exchanges would step in to backstop everything and keep customers 100% liquid even as their clearing firm collapsed and was quickly replaced by another firm within the system.

Everything changed just a few short weeks ago. A firm, led by a crony of the Obama regime, stole all of the non-margined cash held by customers of his firm. Lets not sugar-coat this or make this crime seem complex and abstract by drowning ourselves in six-dollar words and uber-technical jargon. Jon Corzine STOLE the customer cash at MF Global. Knowing Jon Corzine, and knowing the abject lawlessness and contempt for humanity of the Marxist Obama regime and its cronies, this is not really a surprise. What was a surprise was the reaction of the exchanges and regulators. Their reaction has been to take a bad situation and make it orders of magnitude worse. Specifically, they froze customers out of their accounts WHILE THE MARKETS CONTINUED TO TRADE, refusing to even allow them to liquidate. This is unfathomable. The risk exposure precedent that has been set is completely intolerable and has destroyed the entire industry paradigm. No informed person can continue to engage these markets, and no moral person can continue to broker or facilitate customer engagement in what is now a massive game of Russian Roulette.

I have learned over the last week that MF Global is almost certainly the mere tip of the iceberg. There is massive industry-wide exposure to European sovereign junk debt. While other firms may not be as heavily leveraged as Corzine had MFG leveraged, and it is now thought that MFGs leverage may have been in excess of 100:1, they are still suicidally leveraged and will likely stand massive, unmeetable collateral calls in the coming days and weeks as Europe inevitably collapses. I now suspect that the reason the Chicago Mercantile Exchange did not immediately step in to backstop the MFG implosion was because they knew and know that if they backstopped MFG, they would then be expected to backstop all of the other firms in the system when the failures began to cascade and there simply isnt that much money in the entire system. In short, the problem is a SYSTEMIC problem, not merely isolated to one firm.

Perhaps the most ominous dynamic that I have yet heard of in regards to this mess is that of the risk of potential CLAWBACK actions. For those who do not know, clawback is the process by which a bankruptcy trustee is legally permitted to re-seize assets that left a bankrupt entity in the time period immediately preceding the entitys collapse. So, using the MF Global customers as an example, any funds that were withdrawn from MFG accounts in the run-up to the collapse, either because of suspicions the customer may have had about MFG from, say, watching the companys bond yields rise sharply, or from purely organic day-to-day withdrawls, the bankruptcy trustee COULD initiate action to clawback those funds. As a hedge broker, this makes my blood run cold. Generally, as the markets move in favor of a hedge position and equity builds in a clients account, that excess equity is sent back to the customer who then uses that equity to offset cash market transactions OR to pay down a revolving line of credit. Even the possibility that a customer could be penalized and additionally raped AGAIN via a clawback action after already having their customer funds stolen is simply villainous. While there has been no open indication of clawback actions being initiated by the MF Global trustee, I have been told that it is a possibility.

And so, to the very unpleasant crux of the matter. The futures and options markets are no longer viable. It is my recommendation that ALL customers withdraw from all of the markets as soon as possible so that they have the best chance of protecting themselves and their equity. The system is no longer functioning with integrity and is suicidally risk-laden. The rule of law is non-existent, instead replaced with godless, criminal political cronyism.

Remember, derivatives contracts are NOT NECESSARY in the commodities markets. The cash commodity itself is the underlying reality and is not dependent on the futures or options markets. Many people seem to have gotten that backwards over the past decades. From Abel the animal husbandman up until the year 1964, there were no cattle futures contracts at all, and no options contracts until 1984, and yet the cash cattle markets got along just fine.

Finally, I will not, under any circumstance, consider reforming and re-opening Barnhardt Capital Management, or any other iteration of a brokerage business, until Barack Obama has been removed from office AND the government of the United States has been sufficiently reformed and repopulated so as to engender my total and complete confidence in the government, its adherence to and enforcement of the rule of law, and in its competent and just regulatory oversight of any commodities markets that may reform. So long as the government remains criminal, it would serve no purpose whatsoever to attempt to rebuild the futures industry or my firm, because in a lawless environment, the same thievery and fraud would simply happen again, and the criminals would go unpunished, sheltered by the criminal oligarchy.

To my clients, who literally TO THE MAN agreed with my assessment of the situation, and were relieved to be exiting the markets, and many whom I now suspect stayed in the markets as long as they did only out of personal loyalty to me, I can only say thank you for the honor and pleasure of serving you over these last years, with some of my clients having been with me for over twelve years. I will continue to blog at Barnhardt.biz, which will be subtly re-skinned soon, and will continue my cattle marketing consultation business. I will still be here in the office, answering my phones, with the same phone numbers. Alas, my retirement came a few years earlier than I had anticipated, but there was no possible way to continue given the inevitability of the collapse of the global financial markets, the overthrow of our government, and the resulting collapse in the rule of law.

As for me, I can only echo the words of David:

This is the Lords doing; and it is wonderful in our eyes.

With Best Regards-
Ann Barnhardt

Posted on Nov 19, 2011, 7:54 PM
from IP address 98.134.29.228

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Now THIS is scary!

by Mr. Phelps

Will we ever survive this? I just don't know!

Posted on Nov 21, 2011, 6:55 AM
from IP address 65.126.117.12

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Now This is scary

by KJ

I think we can survive this but first we need to some major "Clean up" within the government.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 2:06 AM
from IP address 98.81.17.91

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Would like a suggestion on a decent bionic ear under $200

by

I figure if anybody knows a good one it'll be the folks on this MB. happy.gif

Posted on Nov 19, 2011, 1:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here ya go Nellie

by D. Fisher

http://spysite.com/catalog1/Action-Ear-Sport-p-27731.html

Shop around you can get them under $100.00.

I watch tv muted and can here every word......"Well" maybe their not that good. LOL

Posted on Nov 19, 2011, 3:38 PM
from IP address 66.143.195.31

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Action Ear Sport

by Grumpy

Nellie, over the years I've tried them all and I can attest to the Action Ear Sport as the best, it can be purchased directly from the manufacture, ebay or anywhere depending on price....... this out performs many higher end units and has the ability to plug in a radio or recorder.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011, 6:36 AM
from IP address 68.205.128.201

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Action Ear Sport

by versatile

Grumpy. Can you recommend a recorder to go with the Action Ear Sport?
Thanks

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 6:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks guys for the suggestion ...

by

They look like they'd be great for listening for monsters! But I'm looking for something that can work well in the city...we've got coyotes that I'd like to find where they are hanging out. People say that you can hear them in the early evening but I haven't been able to. And now I'm getting my car fixed and I won't have to worry about breaking down somewhere I thought it would be fun to go with my son out to the river and check for monster tracks! happy.gif
If I can decide on what to purchase they will be my Christmas present to myself.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 7:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I thought...

by J

MK found the site years ago? He had photos from the location?
http://bigfootbooksblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/patterson-gimlin-film-site-rediscovered.html

Posted on Nov 18, 2011, 7:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

my Night Vision demo on youtube

by sasquatchms

i did this a year or so ago, I dont have the Device anymore, but this is a demonstration of a gen 1+ device i owned produced under the "Night Owl" brand, I picked it up for 80 bucks on ebay and shows its performance under optimal conditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG8c-6a3TT0

Posted on Nov 18, 2011, 5:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They have gotten a little better.

by SAsquatcher

I remember back in 99 I purchased one of the Nightowl units and took it down to Delta National Forest and did some researching with MK Davis and field tested it.
I promptly returned it when I got back home!
It was a POS, I think you know what that means.
I couldn't see 25 feet with it, I vowed I would never buy one of their units again, I could see better with the nightshot on my sony handycam!

I'm still going with thermal though, if it's out there and holding or generating any kind of heat, I can see it!
That's just my choice though. ( :

Posted on Nov 18, 2011, 6:10 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: They have gotten a little better.

by SasquatchMs

I know what you mean, ive seen older NV's and they were pretty lame. I figured I could get a ThermalEye x50 for like 2.8k , then a used gen 3 for 1.8k to 2.8k and buy those two, instead of going all out on a 5 or 6k thermal device, b/c itd be handy to have both technologies

Posted on Nov 18, 2011, 7:16 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

NV is great

by Crispy

If you are in open fields. Totally useless under heavy timber - least that is how mine are.

Posted on Nov 19, 2011, 11:23 AM
from IP address 69.238.171.176

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cure for cancer found,,Hopefully,,

by SAsquatcher

I got this link off facebook that was posted up by Bill Mecca, and if it is true, this is bigger than Bigfoot!
http://techie-buzz.com/science/cancer-vaccine-developed.html

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 4:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

omg

by sasquatchms

wow thats pretty much the most amazing thing ive heard of in recent memory , lets hope it all works out, i sure would wanna get the vaccine

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 5:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wow!

by

You aren't kidding, Carson! That is waaaaayyyyyy bigger than bigfoot!!

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 7:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is Vaxil' home page.

by SAsquatcher

Maybe a little news straight from the horses mouth.
http://www.vaxilbio.com/

Posted on Nov 18, 2011, 1:35 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is the data on ImMucin.

by SAsquatcher

ImMucin is a 21mer synthetic vaccine composed of the entire signal peptide domain of the MUC1 protein. MUC1 is one of the promising targets known today. It is expressed by more than 90 per cent of common solid tumor cancers. It is also associated with many non-solid tumors including Lymphoma, Leukemia and Multiple Myeloma. The association of MUC1 with cancer progression has been well documented in the literature.

ImMucin is intended to stimulate the patient's own immune system to control cancer by means of reacting to the natural corresponding MUC1 antigen as expressed on the surface of cancer cells.
ImMucin possesses several unique characteristics:

> Novel unexplored sequence: Unlike other vaccines which target the entire MUC1 protein or other domains, ImMucin does not contain any non-specific epitopes, which could dilute and disturb specific anticancer immunity. ImMucin was shown to selectively be expressed on tumor cells, thereby ensuring specific anti-cancer activity.

> Improved immunogenicity: ImMucin was selected due to its unique ability to bind multiple MHC Class I and Class II alleles. This characteristic offer;
a) A broader immunity by multiple T cell clones both CD8+ and CD4+ T cells using a single sequence.
b) An immunological response in the majority of the target patients i.e. covering most of the MHC allelic repertoire among the Caucasian (western) population. That is to say, ImMucin will be applicable to the entire population vs. 25-40% of the population in most MUC1 peptide vaccines.

> Sequence specific Adjuvant: Unlike other peptide vaccines, which are poor immunogens, ImMucin has an internal antigen-specific "adjuvantlike" properties which can overcome the need for additional external adjutants.

> TAP-Independent presentation: ImMucin contains TAP-independent machinery for transporting its epitope into the ER and can therefore efficiently deal with immune escape mechanism mediated by cancer cells. To the best of our knowledge, this crucial phenotype is not shared by any other vaccines.

Extensive preclinical studies have shown ImMucin to be highly effective in inducing a robust and broad T cell immunity against MUC1 expressing tumors in various in-vitro assays. Moreover, in invivo studies, the anti-MUC1 immunity induced by ImMucin was superior comparing with other MUC1-dervied peptide epitopes including the BLP25 vaccine (Merck AG) currently in Phase III studies.

ImMucin is currently being evaluated in a Phase I/II clinical trial in Multiple Myeloma patients at the Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem.

Posted on Nov 18, 2011, 1:40 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sounds great but........

by Ken3030

treating cancer is BIG business in the USA. Even if it works don't expect the drug company controlled FDA to approve it for use here. Not unless there's some money for them to make.

Posted on Nov 18, 2011, 9:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I know, It's a dirty shame too!

by SAsquatcher

They will probably slow it down to treatments so they can drag it out into payments.
Doctors (Not all but most) like to milk the pharmaceutical companies for every dime they can, as well as insurance companies and patients!

It seems like (Doctors) would have peoples best medical interest at heart,,WRONG,,,they have their mortgages and golf club memberships and $250,000 Porsche and their wives boob,eye,tummy,nose,and butt lift to worry about.
You know, real life threatening stuff,,LOL.

Posted on Nov 18, 2011, 5:04 PM
from IP address 67.11.13.70

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Keep in mind. .

by EasTexSteve

The is a valid reason drugs are so expensive in this country. They are cheaper in other countries because the US customers bear the brunt of the huge expense of R&D and FDA approval.

Posted on Nov 20, 2011, 7:15 AM
from IP address 98.134.238.141

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Admit failure....and start a new scientific endeavor.

by Jim Keegan

Prove the beast does not exsist....lol

I love you all, but I am a smarter man than you.

When you put your heart into something it can ONLY exsist.

Your head will follow.

When you put your head into something, you might not want to hear the answer.

But you know in your heart, the truth.

See you in Heaven.

Bo

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 3:59 PM
from IP address 72.192.45.30

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

If you're smarter than us all Jimbo,,,

by SAsquatcher

Come show us how it's done!

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 5:44 PM
from IP address 166.205.12.123

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

All bark, no bite........

by Lone Wolf

Cmon genius Jimmy, find some of those RI bigfoot.

Your state is the size of a strip mall, get out there. LOL

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 11:15 PM
from IP address 66.27.31.59

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

How about,,,

by SAsquatcher

How about,When you have seen these things on more than one occasion!
There is no proving they don't exist when you know da** well that they do.
How about when ,all you can do is gloat about the fact that you KNOW something that some of these skeptics who THINK that they are so smart, don't,,HEHEHE!
You want results Jimbo?
We want more eyes and ears in the woods.

They are out there just waiting to be found, all we need is some folks with an adventurous spirit and a little free time.
I've gotta tell you from personal experience, if you find an area (based on the database)where these monsters are, you may go out 6 or 7 or 8 or 10 times and not hear or see a dadgummed thing,BUT that one time that you do makes all the rest worth while!

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 11:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey Jimbo...when you get to heaven...

by

tell my mother-in-law that we love her....she just went to heaven on Friday and we didn't get a chance to tell her before she died.
Thanks!

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 12:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I WANT RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Jim Keegan

Otherwise you'll all fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bo

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 2:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

See...

by Terry

"Come See Our Bigfoots" below. Sounds like you'll see lots of them, no prob.

t.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 3:11 PM
from IP address 98.124.27.43

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Or presence tense...

by Jim Keegan

Insert here:

"You will all be fired"

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 3:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Suits me!

by SAsquatcher

I haven't seen the first paycheck from you yet!

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 5:41 PM
from IP address 166.205.12.123

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

One more thing.

by SAsquatcher

Your benefits package sucks too,,lol!

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 11:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Dang guys, He's been payin me

by DonDon

a grand a week. Ya'll slackin. BTW Jim, ain't it time for that raise you been promising me?

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 6:43 AM
from IP address 74.240.24.149

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: I WANT RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by sasquatchms

if i had a capital injection i could get results

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 11:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That's what I'm saying!

by SAsquatcher

Give me the time and the funds and the land access and the right gear and the right people,,,,BANG,,Monster down!
I say that not to brag on myself but the quality of guys I have been on hunts with, THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF!
Outfit those guys with some .4570's 0r some .300 win mags with thermal scopes (Their choice) and disperse over a large area with good monster sign and make it to where they didn't have to go anywhere for 2 weeks(or so), set up a field base camp with showers and good sleeping quarters for when they come in.
The key is as they say, "Time is MONEY" and it's true, we usually only hunt for a couple of days because we are all "weekend warriors" and due to family and or job obligations have to pull out really about the time that we are just getting settled in to an area good!
I'm not gonna name names but we have a crack hunters group (and I'm very proud of all these guys) who know their s##t!
And as I said, give them a hot area and the time and the freedom and the tools and it's game over for at least 1 monster
End of story!!

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 3:45 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I wish i knew of a rich investor

by sasquatchms

well, im not pro kill b/c these things might be humans or cousins..i digress, anyways if I had money for some Camera lenses, additional camera footage storage, money to camp, eat, and gas money (were talking around 15 to 20K) then Id get results within a few weeks probably...I wish I knew some rich investor cuz I dont have a wife, or job that requires me to do much, or many bills so i could rough it in the wild for months at a time.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 4:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Really I kind of don't,,,,

by SAsquatcher

Want a financial backer unless he just throws money at me and said "Get me a monster, I don't care how you do it or how long it takes or how many folks you have to hire, just DO IT and I'll pay you all well to do so and BETTER afterwards,and I'll supply you with whatever you need".
Then I would consider it.
The reality is though that,pretty much any financial backer is gonna want to tell you how they want the show to be run, or try to run it themselves.

Posted on Nov 19, 2011, 6:34 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

agreed 100% n/t

by Sasquatchms

Posted on Nov 22, 2011, 6:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MH, haven't seen any posting from you lately...

by

are you ok? I hope it's just because you're busy working and not sick or ailing.
I was wondering if you have had any new news from your lady contact and her monsters.happy.gif

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 7:48 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Been busy lately Nellie...

by Monster Hunter

My family and I went to Maui for a week for my oldest son's wedding...before that I was hooked up working...yesterday and today...recovering from a long trip but yes I have stayed in contact with my BFing friends...

A man called me that lives north of one of my contacts...has Monsters...has seen Monsters telling me he has seen a female with young and a male that scared the sxxx out of him...he said when he looked into the eyes of the large male, he estimated to be nine feet tall, that the creature was soul less...day time FTF sighting...eyes were a greenish color...he said he turned tail and ran...he also said he has a picture of the young...

I have things to do around my place before I can get down for a visit but I'll keep all informed if there is something to report after my visit...BTW...I was informed about this man several months back with him giving me a call after getting my number from someone...

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 10:38 AM
from IP address 70.153.183.246

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Glad to know you're doing ok MH

by

The man with the monsters on his property sounds exciting! I wonder what he really meant by the creature being "soul less"? Sounds freaky. Well, keep us posted! Good to hear from you! Take Care!

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 2:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The man north of the lady

by Backwoods Girl

Hey just read your post tried to call the other lady today and didn't get an answer just wondering was this man close to me?Haven't heard anything from anyone in awhile.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 2:55 PM
from IP address 12.197.251.152

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Further north...about 10 to 15 miles by road...

by Monster Hunter

with me having no idea how far as a crow flies since I haven't been to his place yet...I just have general directions at this time...

Posted on Nov 18, 2011, 3:13 PM
from IP address 74.241.227.201

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Natures thermal imaging.

by SAsquatcher

Did you know that many species of snakes hunt by seeing heat?
That's right, they have infrared sensing organs "pits" on their nose and it ties in with their optic nerve so they get a thermal overlay,so that they can actually see light and heat at the same time.
Check this out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_sensing_in_snakes

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 6:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You need to watrch more Nature shows

by DonDon

Saw one of Rattle Snakes awhile back where they hunting by heat. Think it was on the Discovery channel.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 6:47 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I do watch nature shows Don,,,,,

by SAsquatcher

But I was just catching up the people who don't watch nature shows,,see there,,gotta try and keep it informative too! ( ;

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 6:58 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Come see our Bigfoots

by

People should come out to western Oklahoma and see the Bigfoots. The drought has reduced the cover and they are not too difficult to find in the Colony, Hydro, and Weatherford areas.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 8:16 PM
from IP address 71.197.35.196

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Then it shouldn't be difficult...

by Monster Hunter

for you to send in a few pictures before we make the drive...you have Monsters there...we will come but we want some type of photographic proof before we make a long trip...

PhotoBucket works here on the forum or you can send them to me and I'll post them for you...

jimlansdale@gmail.com

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 10:42 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Dennis, if your serious.......

by D. Fisher

Contact me by E-Mail prarieprowler@gmail.com.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 4:33 PM
from IP address 66.143.195.221

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Another Cat

by Okiebear

http://www.newson6.com/story/16046243/sand-springs-hunter-captures-image-of-big-cat-on-camera

By the way we don't have big cats in Oklahoma according to the wildlife management people...... Of course after the previous two pictures this year they have now said Big Cats are extremely rare in Oklahoma.........

OB

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 12:28 PM
from IP address 129.244.24.79

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not a bad buy on thermal...

by D. Fisher

http://www.dvor.com/l3-thermal-eye-x-50-thermal-imaging-camera.html

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 4:58 PM
from IP address 66.143.192.35

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Not a bad buy on thermal...

by SasquatchMS

they got the step up the x200 only a grand or so more and its 30hz i think? anyways things to look for are high pixel count and high HZ (refresh rate)..and your gtg

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 8:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Native American Pow-Wow

by RubyRed

This weekend was the annual Pow-Wow at Trader's Village in Houston. Gary worked there for his company on Saturday for four hours and had a great time. He took me there on Sunday. I really enjoyed the pavillion that housed the Indian art, jewelry and t-shirts. We talked to a Native American who sold hand-painted t shirts. Four of his designs depicted "the wildman of the woods." They were thrilled to know I recognized what was painted on the shirts. Alas and alack! They were too expensive to purchase...this time.

RR happy.gif

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 4:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

two words

by woodswatcher

Red Earth

if you enjoyed that come to Oklahoma City for Red Earth.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 7:45 PM
from IP address 99.69.104.250

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

things heating up...

by SasquatchMs

apparently things are ramping up in some ways, Ketchums DNA report will be coming out soon she says, Erikson Project website down, people demanding release of Footage and all sorts of stuff surrounding this, here a link that pretty much sums up the latest on the subject:

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2011/11/robert-lindsay-insists-erickson.html#moretop

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 1:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

How does DNA test positive

by Crispy

For Bigfoot?

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 7:23 PM
from IP address 69.230.118.77

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: How does DNA test positive

by SasquatchMs

apparently they have some sort of baseline determined by a multitude of samples, thats the only way I could figure? I mean people have been pulling up "unknown" and "primate" dna for a while here in N America..its possible they've collected so much that they've been able to determine what isnt a bear or elk and human DNA is certainly easy enough to ID w/ the right equipment..I dont know..we'll see...

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 2:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

DNA without a baseline that comes from an actual specimen

by Lone Wolf

is useless. Unknown primate is NOT news or significant.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.......

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 9:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yep...got to have something...

by Monster Hunter

to prove where the DNA sample came from then a corresponding match from an existing sample...funny thing about DR. Ketchum...she told me years ago she didn't want pictures or blood...bring her a body...I'm wondering are they going to produce any relevant body parts from the claimed Monster kill?...another thing that bothers me...how was the samples taken?...were they contaminated?...

You can't trust anyone it seems though it would be nice to know we're not crazy if DNA proves there is some kind of animal wondering our forest that hasn't been classified...of course we're all a little nuts...I know I am...

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 10:51 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Some folks are saying

by

That the DNA is testing human or very close to human. Those folks are saying "I told you so! I told you BF are people just like us!!" I personally cannot imagine that uncontaminated samples will show anything close to human. The "friendly forest people" folks have been saying that BF are just like us except for being hairy, but there are quite a few more differences than that.

If the DNA comes back as close to human, the media and skeptical scientists will simply question the chain of custody of the samples and claim contamination, or will simply say that the samples simply came from humans to start with, so end of story.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 4:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Chimps

by Crispy

DNA is pretty close to human..................................

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 7:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

not really

by Sasquatchms

http://www.icr.org/article/6491/

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 2:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

actually its orangs

by Sasquatchms

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1350807/How-humans-97-orangutans-New-research-shows-DNA-matches.html

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 2:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Lets do a little review shall we?

by SAsquatcher

Humans don't get 8 ft tall on average.
Humans don't have huge reflective eyes.
Humans don't "Skunk out" people by emitting a horrible stench (though I may know a few exceptions,,LOL).
If these things were human then they would do human things (Build fires, have burial mounds, either communicate or war with us,)
These things aren't some sort of giant native American with hypertricosis!
For starters Hypertricosis does not hit every single family member, it skips around, kind of like red or blond hair.
Secondly, Giantism in the human family genome is the exception and not the rule!

The more we try to "Humanize" these animals, the further we stray from the truth and REAL scientific discovery and stray more into the realm of folklore and myth and legend!
The goal here is to find out what these creatures really are and not try to force them into a mold of what we "THINK" that they are!

Posted on Nov 19, 2011, 12:57 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You are

by

VERY correct on all points. Perhaps these folks need a little review on genetics and what makes us human, as well as which morphological and phenotypic traits are human and which are animal.

Posted on Nov 19, 2011, 12:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Game cams getting smaller...

by Timberghost

Just picked up a couple of the Moultrie M80's...Small camera, great features at a good price. From what I've read the trigger time is slow but we'll see how that works out. The AA battery life is supposed to be up to a year so we'll see how that works too. I'm thinking about finding a good active trail and just leaving one of them for the winter and see what happens... These cameras aren't much bigger than a pack of cigs...

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 8:36 AM
from IP address 67.142.168.144

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MAN, that is a tiny camera

by DonDon

Don;t think I've seen one that small. how many pics will it hold?

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 12:15 PM
from IP address 74.240.7.191

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thousands....

by Timberghost

It holds up to a 32G SD card...

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 4:56 PM
from IP address 67.142.168.142

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

WOWW. That's huge

by DonDon

Never seen one that big in a standard Trail cam

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 6:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Game cams getting smaller...

by versatile

With sound also.

Three operational modes
IR triggered game camera
Time-lapse plot camera
Plot camera by day/Infrared camera by night
5.0 MP resolution
Battery life calculator
Time-lapse mode
Video with sound

The Moultrie® Game Spy® M-80 Mini 5.0 Megapixel Digital Game Camera lets you choose from three operational modes: IR triggered game camera, Time-lapse plot camera, or Plot camera by day, infrared camera by night! 5.0 MP resolution camera features a battery life calculator and video with sound. The Game Spy M-80 Mini accepts [Read More]

The Moultrie® Game Spy® M-80 Mini 5.0 Megapixel Digital Game Camera lets you choose from three operational modes: IR triggered game camera, Time-lapse plot camera, or Plot camera by day, infrared camera by night! 5.0 MP resolution camera features a battery life calculator and video with sound. The Game Spy M-80 Mini accepts up to 32 GB SD card (not included) and includes USB cable, mounting strap, and plot-stalker software CD. Uses four or eight AA batteries (not included). Dimensions: 5" x 3.75" x 2.5".

http://www.basspro.com/Moultriereg;-Game-Spyreg;-M-80-Mini-5-0-Megapixel-Digital-Game-Camera/product/10211745/137243?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL#description

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 3:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good Idea!

by SAaquatcher

Or at least leave it out there a month at a time.
However you wanna do it, one question,,does it record video and how many megapixels is it?

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 6:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nevermind, I found out,,,Here is the info.

by SAaquatcher

Moultrie
Moultrie Game Spy® M-80 Game Camera

Low-profile size
5.0-megapixel camera
16:9 widescreen picture and video
Illumi-Night sensor uses brighter infrared technology
Plot stalker mode

This mini camera has the same great features as its full-size counterpart in a manageable unit thats smaller than your hand. The 5.0-megapixel camera has a low profile for covert recording of game activity, but still encompasses big features, like its 16:9 widescreen picture and video capturing. Its Illumi-Night sensor uses a brighter infrared technology for clearer image capture in low-light conditions. Delay the picture capturing by 15 seconds, 30 seconds or one to 60 minutes. Easy-to-read photo strips display temperature, moon phase, time, date and the camera ID stamp. Video mode also captures sound. Other features include a battery-life calculator, Plot Stalker time-lapse mode for use with the included software and an external power port for optional Moultrie Power Panel (sold separately). Memory-card slot for use with SD memory cards up to 32GB (memory card sold separately). Powered by four or eight AA batteries (not included). Includes USB cable, mounting strap and Plot Stalker software CD for image stitch assist. Imported.
Dimensions: 5.12"H x 4"L x 3.25"D.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 7:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is a link to it on Amazon.

by SAaquatcher

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V3ATMG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1/183-6031245-7035427?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_r=0T2031BE4HKQWTTKAZAW&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_i=B003JTGH60

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 7:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I thought Halloween was over.........

by Lone Wolf

Click the video link and prepare to be amazed..........

This looks like something out of the Signs alien movie to me.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 9:08 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You've got do 1 thing first LW,,,,

by SAsquatcher

put a link up.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 9:23 AM
from IP address 173.174.170.120

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oops, I pulled a Biscardi.............

by Lone Wolf

no evidence!

Here you go : http://bigfoot-evidence.blogspot.com/2011/11/bigfoot-video.html

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 8:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

We forgive you,,,

by SAsquatcher

For now,,LOL.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 8:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

One question I have,,,,,

by SAsquatcher

When it turns back toward the camera, (especially under night vision) why don't we see eye shine?
One of the really peculiar traits that these animals have is their highly reflective eyes.
I guess it could have had it's eyes closed but doubt it.
I am not gonna be too quick to shoot this video down as I know that these critters do come in tan and white and blond but there is something about it that doesn't strike me quite right.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 8:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

And one more thing.

by SAsquatcher

The neck looks too long to me, it looks like a human neck and head.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011, 8:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Watch "Signs" with Mel Gibson,

by Lone Wolf

you will see exactly what this thing on film looks like.
The object in the video is 100% skinny, human, proportioned.

I expect Tom Biscardi to be involved............

Posted on Nov 13, 2011, 11:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I agree.

by SAsquatcher

It kinda looks like a furry one of those.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011, 11:58 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"SIGNS"

by Hogue34

not much scares me but for some reason, that scene is "Signs" scared me slap silly! Was watching movie late in the dark and that scene when alien walked by flipped me out. Only other time was movie "Descent".....Daddy does not like caves!
HAHA

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 12:57 PM
from IP address 75.203.47.109

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Interesting video

by

I would of expected to see wider shoulders and longer hair...but correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 9:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Film home movie cameras,,,

by SAsquatcher

I saw where Mississippi Mike posted below inquiring about home movie cams and here is what I found on ebay.
Some pretty good deals actually!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Film+movie+Cameras&_sacat=0&_odkw=Film+Cameras&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 12:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good Deal

by J

This looks like a good deal...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BOLEX-16MM-MOVIE-CAMERA-AND-CASE-AND-FILM-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION-/400255702259?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item5d311954f3#ht_5672wt_952

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 10:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just remember folks,,,

by SAsquatcher

If you invest in a vintage movie camera like those, you need to invest in a projector and or screen as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=Movie+projectors

Posted on Nov 13, 2011, 7:35 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just to mention...

by KJ

Though it's been awhile, earlier tonight took the dogs out so they could do their business before closing them up in the garage. While I was standing out there with them, I heard a sound that I haven't heard in awhile and I was so glad to be hearing it again. The sounds of an owl Whooting. It was somewhere along the creek banks just west of me about a half mile at most. Now I did stand there and listen to see if it really was a owl or a mimick of one. This sounded like the real deal. So glade some of the wild is sticking around even though this area has become a hot bed of subdivisions.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 4:11 AM
from IP address 98.81.12.216

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sounds.

by SAsquatcher

When you hear that phoney hoot owl sound, somehow you know it's not quite right, especially if you have heard the real deal often enough.

On the subdivisions, the only thing I can tell you is that as you see the houses increase, you can most assuredly expect the nature sounds to decrease!

Hopefully you still live within a short driving distance of another hot spot, one thing that I have noticed is that most hot spots encompass about a 30 mile area or even bigger so don't get discouraged.
Also as folks move into these new houses, there may be an increase in sightings from the new tenants as I and others on here have found that these monsters don't just up and leave that easily, so there will probably be some folks who get peeping Tomsquatch's checking out what they are watching on TV and so on in the houses on the outskirts of the subdivision.
Also I would check around where they are running their dozers and graders on the weekend and, or early mornings for tracks in the soft ground around the edges of where they are building toward the wood line.
Like I said, the monsters don't leave in too big of a hurry, just ask Jim!

Posted on Nov 11, 2011, 6:11 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey Crispy.....

by Gary-bob

How you been doing man?Haven't heard from you in a while.Hope you are going well.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 8:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey Gary

by Crispy

Getting things in order to move up to Southern Oregon ...maybe next month - if everything works out. Mountains mountains mountains.....Lots of Bigfeets up there......

Posted on Nov 11, 2011, 12:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re:Crispy

by Gary-bob

Hope you have more luck with those Northwestern Bigfeet.Keep in touch.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 1:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Latest Mississipi report

by DonDon

Just had a friend get ahold of me telling me about a fella that was hunting and as he was sitting there this 7 foot tall hair covered man looking creature walked up. Said it had real big eyes. He's trying to get more info for me but the guy was so scared he dropped his shotgun and ran back to the truck. See what all I can find out. LOVE for it to be on on some land I can check out

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 3:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Probably won't get much out of him Don....

by Timberghost

If he was stupid enough to throw his gun down and run....I reckon that weapon was just extra weight wink.gif

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 5:21 PM
from IP address 67.142.168.141

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You got that right!

by SAsquatcher

I would have had a death grip on that rascal, and when I ran out of shells, I would have used that sucker as a club,,lol!

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 9:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No Doubt SAsquatcher!

by

Anyone else around would have thought they heard machine gun fire if it would have been me! Thay guy may as well have thrown the gun at the BF. Maybe he thought it was a haint!

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 6:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Might not get any more but

by DonDon

I'm dang sure gonna try. It's just a little over an hour from the house. Trying to get his phone number now and SHOULD have it tomorrow

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 7:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I did not know that about the P&G film.

by Geronimo

I was watching that other "bigfoot show" on the Animal Planet channel where they returned to the Bluff creek Patty siting area with Mr. Gimlin. I was very surprised to see how enclosed that area of the creek was compared to the wide open area the film makes it appear to be. WOW! Patterson & Gimlin were right on top of that animal!

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 9:49 PM
from IP address 108.65.136.137

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I am skeptical

by Crispy

Of anything on that show. He "hadn't been there" since 1967 - but was able to walk straight to the "right spot" through the brush (not even a trail?).........even though everything had changed...?

As with everything else on that show - I say BS.

But my friend, that is simply my opinion. They might well have been right on top of the critter, as that area is mighty dense, but I just find everything on that show hard to believe.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 7:31 AM
from IP address 69.237.68.174

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The FB show...

by Gary-bob

I got that show and all the others burned to dvd.And that was really a small area that the P&G film was shot in,and it was wild how the old camera made the area look biger than what it really was.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 12:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The camera

by Geronimo

made the area look a lot bigger and the animal a lot farther away. That the area had been wiped clean because of the massive flood clearing all of the brush and trees did not help either.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 9:45 PM
from IP address 108.65.136.137

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Habitation

by J

Hmmm, comments???

http://youtu.be/AoFGpN9F42o

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 10:16 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Do you really want to know?

by

I could say a lot, but it would probably be in violation to the message board rules. He has a site called Midnight Walkers, and you can google it. He threatened me in a private message on the BFF and to make a long story short, he doesn't post there anymore. The premise of the threat was that I talked to another member who was planning a trip to North Louisiana to obtain a specimen by lethal force, and this gentleman didn't approve, so he was going to contact the North Louisiana sasquatch by mental telepathy so they would be ready for us and would take us out. So, um....

Oh yeah, he posted videos of invisible BF and audio that you had to turn up, slow down, and practically play backward to hear what was supposedly a BF. I think I heard the same thing when I played my 45 of "Another One Bites the Dust" backward when I was a kid...

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 3:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

To see a Monster...

by Monster Hunter

You have to be in an area where there are Monsters...frame of mind has nothing to do with it...ask hunters, hikers or someone driving the roads...hell...ask me...we baited an area and a person shot one...our frame of mind was harvest at that time...the man in Oregon, CA., or Washington State that claimed he shot not one but two...reckon what his frame of mind was when he pulled the trigger not once but twice...IMHO he's a newbie talking crap wanting to impress someone that he knows something...he doesn't...if he did he would have some over whelming evidence...

Let's see some evidence that everyone will say..."now that's a Monster"...no make belive tales or some jumpy axxed friends that think everything is a BF...

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 6:09 PM
from IP address 74.241.227.252

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by J

"mental telepathy so they would be ready for us" LOL
I wish that would actually work, we could tell them we're bring tea and crumpets then... Boo!

Course, they may see that coming too. Darn.

If they have mental telepathy then there is no point even studying them. Nothing you see, believe, or even think could be trusted.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 8:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Funniest thing

by

was when he posted a night-vision video on the BFF, and everyone was saying how they couldn't see anything in it. The response: the BF were invisible, lololol! In a pic he posted (again through a night vision lens), there was a light colored blur. He said it was the breast of a female sasquatch. I was thinking somebody needs to spend more time at home with his wife/girlfriend and less nights out filming invisible sasquatches and blobs would stop looking like female bodyparts so much!

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 2:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Following in the steps of EB...

by Monster Hunter

Paranormal Monsters...

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 10:45 AM
from IP address 174.253.219.111

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

only mammal that sees UV...

by SasquatchMS

http://io9.com/5805792/reindeer-are-the-only-mammals-that-can-see-ultraviolet-light

well...?how do we know squatch see's it?

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 8:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hmm

by Crispy

"Humans and almost all other mammals could never do this..."

Almost all others? Doesn't sound like "only" reindeer. Sounds like they gave themselves an out if someone calls them on it.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 7:17 AM
from IP address 69.239.105.182

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You have to read the fine print...

by Monster Hunter

"Humans and almost all other mammals could never do this as our lenses just don't let UV through into the eye>"

Key word...almost...

Besides...they're dealing with "known" mammals...I think we suspect these Monsters being able to see UV is the lack of game camera pictures taken over the years...

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 1:19 PM
from IP address 70.153.175.105

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Deer see UV as well

by Crispy

That article is very misleading, for whatever reason - but even the lowly white tail see's UV.

http://www.huntingnet.com/articles/article_detail.aspx?articles_id=579

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 11:04 PM
from IP address 69.239.105.182

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Deer see UV as well

by Monster Hunter

Yes they can...

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 8:24 AM
from IP address 174.253.87.26

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That's why,,,,

by SAsquatcher

Most hunting stores sell detergent with no UV brighteners to wash your hunting clothes in.
That and it is a scent killer as well.
If the Deer (Or whatever it is that you are hunting) can see or hear or smell you, you might as well just sit at home and watch Wild Kingdom!

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 4:14 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hate to bash the article, but.....

by

Whoever wrote it didn't research the primary literature. It is well documented that nocturnal animals see in the UV spectrum. I could attach an entire paper I had to write for one of my wildlife biology classes on here, but just the high points are enough (of course this applies to known animals):
Animals that can see in the dark do not see the same way we do at all. There are several morphological adaptations that make biological night vision possible:

1) The animal has immensely more rods than cones in the retina. Cones are made to detect color, enhance central vision (right in front of the animal) and see in bright light, and the lack of them reduces or takes away the ability of the animal to see in color or see certain colors (usually red). However, rods are made for increasing the ability to see in dim light conditions and greater peripheral vision. In fact, rods are 500 times more light-sensitive than cones. People who hunt at night, especially predator hunters, have known for decades that nocturnal animals cannot easily see red lights, and routinely use them to hunt even very wily and shy animals with. Don't get over zealous, though. Putting a red lens on a 1,000,000 candle power Q-beam is not a good idea, because even though the animals may not be able to detect the red, they can certainly detect the drastic brightness.

2) The animal usually has proportionately large eyes and an iris that is very large, so large in fact that it extends all the way to the eyelids, making the white of the eye not normally visible. In low light conditions, the animal's pupil can enlarge nearly to the size of the iris, allowing in tremendous amounts of available light.

3) Rhodopsin is the chemical that allows night vision, and it is present in the rods. It is less sensitive to red light, further verifying the tolerance of nocturnal animals to red lights and infrared illuminators.

4) The animal has a tissue layer called the tapetum lucidum in the back of the eye that reflects light back through the retina, increasing the amount of light available for it to capture. This tissue is what causes the "eye shine" in nocturnal animals when you shine a light at them.

As I have outlined above, nocturnal animals, due to the structure of the eye, do not see in color or in the red spectrum, including the infrared spectrum.
The are no known animals that can "see" in the infrared spectrum, because it cannot be seen (it is heat), but there are a few that can detect it. Pit vipers are one example. Studies have found that during the day they hunt with their eyes, but at night they use their heat-sensitive pits to detect the body heat of their prey to hunt. Mosquitoes are another example, thought it is thought that they also use pheromones to detect potential prey.
Obviously, we have developed technology, such as FLIR, to convert the heat signatures of infrared into visual images so that we can understand and process them in the same manner that we do with the spectrums that we can see, so we should and do take advantage of that.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 3:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

IR/Flir Device

by J

I think something that would be a good invention would be to take a Gen III and a Flir and combine them. If you could overlay the image of the flir onto the image of the Gen III then you could see the area and have the thermal outline tracing the image...

This way you could get detail and the heat of the creature. Other than for BF'ing I don't know if it would be practical for any other animal though.

You would have a control to increase the IR image or the Flir image or set it to merge or dissolve the two images together. Plus you could have a button to switch between the two. So if you are tracking an animal on the flir, you could turn up the IR and look for detail. Kinda like the dissolve function when editing video, dissolve from one image to another or do a overlay.

You may also be able to do a split screen, one side is thermal and the other is IR. Using 3D technology these images could be merged into a 3D display with the flir image acting as the background and the Gen3 as the foreground. Or reverse it. Like the old 3D glasses use one color with another to simulate 3D.

Of course this would be one expensive piece of equipment but it might be just what BF'ers need. It sure would help tracking a moving animal through thick brush.

To build it you'd have to have good optics and a prism to direct both images into a single stream, then controls to overlay the two images. Perhaps something that would shoot both images to a CCD and you would watch it threw a viewfinder, like on a camcorder. A computer chip would allow you to mix the two images.
Since both images would be identical, coming through the same optics, the mix would be a perfect overlay.

If you could design the Flir where it generates an outline instead of a full heat scan, kinda like a aura around the target, then it would surround the Gen3 image giving you a good idea of it's shape and size, as well as the details inside the Gen3 can see.

Now that would be nice to have in the field! wink.gif
J

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 1:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

If i had the cash...

by SasquatchMs

http://www.opticsplanet.net/atn-fiits-14-thermal-system-with-iit.html

fusion is already at hand

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 3:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ah, well...there ya go. ;) (nt)

by J

nt

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 9:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I saw an AD.

by SAsquatcher

on the ARMY, the military has them but they don't use them to record.

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 3:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

http://www.nightvisionforums.com/phpBB3/index.php

by SasquatchMs

for all your NV needs

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 3:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Whoever came up with the concept for the movie "Predator",,,

by SAsquatcher

Was a GENIUS!
Really, that is what is needed to hunt Monsters!
Think about it, a helmet with a visor unit capable of multiple vision modes starting with thermal integrated into it with a wire that goes down to switch on a forearm mounted control panel and a shoulder mounted gun or cannon.
PURE GENIUS!

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 11:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The only drawback,,,

by SAsquatcher

If it is mounted on your left shoulder, you have to be careful when looking to the right, otherwise you would shoot yourself in the back of the head by mistake,,LOL.
Same thing in reverse as well.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 10:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I like this one!

by SAsquatcher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=bIacRVAHQZ0
I have heard Owls kind of like this one but some of the "calls" definately sound like something trying to mimic an Owl.

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 6:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here's the problem!

by SAsquatcher

I have thought about this for a while now and what is needed is a belt clip audio and or video recorder that will record from any source!
If you have a NV unit that has a video out jack or even a flir unit with one, we need a unit that clips to the belt or fits in a pocket that just by pushing a button will record what we see through the viewer in hi-rez.
I want something that will respond instantly and will record what I see as I see it through whatever is plugged into it, be it just a camcorder or a flir unit or gen III, whatever.
I want it to have both AV and RCA jack connections for both audio and video.
I want it to be able to accommodate up to an 8gb SD ram card for now and bigger as the technology grows!
I don't want to have to fish for the record button either, I want to have it ready so all I have to do is hit a button and start recording high quality video from either a hand held flir or a head mounted NV or whatever!
Does such a technology exist?
Oh yes and by the way, I want it to be relatively inexpensive!

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 12:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The problem Rick...

by Monster Hunter

being inexpensive...

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 10:08 AM
from IP address 70.153.175.254

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Here's the problem!

by SasquatchMS

cheapest thing that can record low light is a Yukon 550 Digital Ranger, it uses digital technology to produce an imagine similar to a gen 2+ or low grade gen 3 ITT tube, they rely on ambient light for a picture (but really only work best w/ half moon or greater) YOU can rig up an IR light, but apparently from all research done these animals see certain wavelengths of IR, while there are different wavelengths available in IR its all but impossible to tell right now which wavelengths these animals pick up on.

THat being said they do produce useable images, and have better contrast in some circumstances than regular NV because they project and image in black and whites (green is best for overall night viewing but has limited contrast capabilites)

http://www.binoculars.com/night-vision/night-vision-monoculars/yukonranger5x42digitalnightvision.cfm

check youtube for demos they arent too shaby

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 12:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Digital NV

by Rummy

I have this one. Works well for viewing an open field or longer range. In the woods the 5 power doesn't work as well. Much to magnafied. Works best with a tripod, watching a specific area. It has a cap that fits over the infared illuminator so it can be completely blocked. With the adjustments you can get a fairly good image. Its not on par with the gen 3 though.

Has a belt operated recorder that you can order also. Also you can use a camcorder with a video input.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 7:59 AM
from IP address 75.121.20.30

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Which one is that? N/T

by SAsquatcher

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 8:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yukon Ranger 5x42mm Digital Night Vision Monoculars

by Rummy

I do not have a recorder. The Night vision has a video output. A recorder was listed when I ordered it several years ago. You can hook it up to any camcorder that has a video input. I have not used this feature.

Had a problem with the optics being loose when I recieved it. Yucon service dept does not respond to issues or customer complaints. Had to figure out the fix without their help. Take this into consideration if you order anything of the Yucon brand.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 9:16 AM
from IP address 75.121.20.30

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is a link to what Rummy is referring to.

by SAsquatcher

http://www.binoculars.com/night-vision/night-vision-monoculars/yukonranger5x42digitalnightvision.cfm

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 9:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is a Youtube link for a demo.

by SAsquatcher

Looks like a pretty good unit for the price.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB51nU8l40g

Posted on Nov 12, 2011, 9:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Something like this?

by J

LINK:http://www.pimall.com/nais/rcadvr.html

Or perhaps this?http://www.usbmax.com/view_product_info.cfm?sku=USBG-VCR&categorynames=usb&categoryidds=125

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 8:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There ya go!

by SAsquatcher

Either of those will do nicely!
; )

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 11:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I particularly like this one!

by SAsquatcher

http://www.usbmax.com/view_product_info.cfm?sku=USBG-VCR&categorynames=usb&categoryidds=125
Think about it, if you get a FLIR unit and it has a video out and you run an RCA cable to the recorder, you can capture live thermal video in spite of the recording limitations of the FLIR unit itself, ASSUMING that the FLIR unit will allow you to feed video while it is in viewer mode and has excellent quality playback.
Under those conditions, that would be the way to go!
With a unit like that, you could record your NV or FLIR as you see it on the viewer.
Here is another good unit you may consider in a setup like that.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0039W1GWM/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
OR
http://www.amazon.com/FLIR-i3-Compact-InfraRed-Camera/dp/B004N6QI6M/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_6
OR
http://www.amazon.com/Extech-i5-Thermal-Imaging-Camera/dp/B003B3N60E/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_5
OR even
http://www.amazon.com/i7-Thermal-Imaging-Camera-Resolution/dp/B003V4BE20/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3

It depends on your budget but if they meet the right criteria, you can get a high quality FLIR recording system going for well under $3000.00 easily!

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 12:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Go Pro Hero

by Booniedawg

It's a helmet cam, very compact, not sure about IR but it can utilize an exterior audio device. There are alot of action sport people that use them.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 1:01 AM
from IP address 98.199.31.65

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I thought that I would bring this to the top.

by SAsquatcher

On the subject of Gen III VS Thermal, here is a comparative video.
You be the judge!
http://youtu.be/rAvnMYqj2c0

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MS Article on H.I.S. & Ivory Billed Woodpecker

by J

I've talked to many folks who say they have seen the Ivory Bill down near Stennis, or say they know someone who has.
Here is an interesting article:
http://www.sunherald.com/2011/10/26/3534149/sasquatch-rare-woodpecker-among.html

of course, BF hunters are treated like nuts in the article but there it is.
J

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 3:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey Jay

by DonDon

I know a fella that said he saw one of them Woodpeckers in the Northern end of Ross Barnett about 3 years ago. Said he'd never seen anything like it so he got to looking online to see what kinda wood pecker it was. Sure nuff when he saw a pic on the Ivory billed, that was it. About Stennis and bigfoot, I have a report of one from down there. I'll shoot you a copy of the report the guy gave me on your FB. VERY INTERESTING to say the least

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 7:17 AM
from IP address 74.240.7.120

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It is easy

by MissippiMike

to confuse the Ivory -billed with the Pileated, which while also rare are by no means extinct. The Pileated has a distinct call and I have heard it more than once here outside Byram. I have only seen one twice here on my property in 25 years. They are elusive but if you DO get the chance to see one it looks like something from another time. About the size of a small duck. I saw two chasing each other up and around a pine tree in Vicksburg in 1991. That's the closest I've ever been to one-about 10-15 feet.

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 11:59 PM
from IP address 75.66.229.75

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wood Pecker

by J

Years ago when I lived in Laurel, MS I heard a loud knocking outside. I went out to see if the neighbor was working on his house. When I got outside I found it was a woodpecker. This thing was huge. I remember thinking it was almost as big as a falcon. It banged away on one tree then flew to another and flew off. Loud sucker.

At the time I didn't know what a Ivory Bill was. Years later when the news came out about the sighting in Arkansas I wondered if that may have been the woodpecker I saw. This would have been around 2001.

I have no idea if it was an ivory bill but based on it's size and how it sounded much louder than an average woodpecker I wonder if it could have been. I wish I had taken a photo of it. I could be rich today! LOL

Even if it wasn't an Ivory Bill I bet it would be a world record for a regular woodpecker. :D

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 1:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Unless you are a very serious bird-watcher it is extremely easy to get them confused.nt

by Cindy

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 1:07 PM
from IP address 98.198.245.54

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Except for one thing

by EasTexSteve

Ivory bills were HUGE birds. Much bigger than even the big pileated woodpeckers. We see pileated woodpeckers around here all the time. When I was a kid hunting ducks in the swamps with my granddad, I remember seeing ivory bills. My granddad would point them out to me, and tell me not to accidentally mistake them for a big duck. We always saw them near water.

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 9:43 PM
from IP address 98.134.140.208

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ivory bills are a little bit bigger, but not by much...

by Cindy

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/ivory/identifying/step3

I've had pileateds in the yard and they look pretty darn big in person.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 7:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ivory Billed vs. Pileated woodpecker

by Cindy

Posted on Nov 7, 2011, 6:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Details

by J

I don't remember any details about the bird, only that it was big. And loud. Loud enough to bring me outside to look. We have plenty of pileated ones here and I've heard them too, the one i saw that day was much bigger.
I guess that's why I remember it, never heard or seen one like that since.
J

Posted on Nov 8, 2011, 10:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cool! I hope it was the real thing! That would be so fine! nt

by Cindy

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 7:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mountain Lions rare in Oklahoma.........ha

by Okiebear

http://www.newson6.com/story/15941076/wildlife-department-examines-mountain-lion-found-in-minco

Friend saw one out by my house a month ago.... Just because people are not reporting them does not mean they are not there.....

OB

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 9:38 AM
from IP address 129.244.24.79

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kinda like Mississippi

by DonDon

they say they're not around but the Wildlife officers at the place we have the campout all said they'd seen them in the area we were at OFF THE RECORD lol

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 12:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Same story

by

I have a friend who is a wildlife officer down here in South MS, and he says they know cougars are here "off the record", but that the official stance is that they are extinct in MS.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 6:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I wonder what happens when,,,,,,,

by SAsquatcher

They attack and kill or seriously injure you, or one of your kids, or friends, or family members, or something?
Is that "off the record" too?
It sounds to me like in the interest of public safety, they need to set the record straight!

To me, that is just further proof that the government tells these departments to lie to us because in the words of Jack Nicholson in their opinion "We can't handle the truth".

I don't know about some of you guys but I get sick to death of being told "There ain't no such thing as "Monsters"", when I know damn good and well that there are and they are in my area!
"Monsters" being either Bears, or big cats or Bigfoot, or any combination of the 3 or even a big gator or so!

If there are potentially dangerous animals in the area, the public has a right to know so that they can take appropriate steps to either stay out of harms way or defend themselves and, or, their friends and loved ones!

I get sick to death of people who are getting paid by my tax dollars,spoon feeding me Bull***t and calling it shineola!

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 11:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yep

by MissippiMike

I have strongly suspected that they were around for years, now I'm sure of it. I know a guy who hunts Port Gibson's surrounding arreas for deer each year and he SWEARS that he sees them occasionally.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 7:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey Don

by MissippiMike

What was the guy's name who went out with us that night from north Louisiana? He was kinda quiet and had a beard.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 7:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Beard?

by DonDon

Had to be Rogan man. He don;t say much, he's real quiet and UGLY, that why he has the beard. BWAAA HAHAHAHA. He's a good ole boy Mike. Good fella and a good friend

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 7:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Several hunters south of me...

by Monster Hunter

have reported seeing cougars this year...one man, I think Michael was with me, claimed he saw a black panther cross in front of his car some months back...

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 3:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes, I was there...

by Timberghost

And told the man I had seen several big black cats here in Oklahoma....

We also get a lot of reports of sightings of ugly people with beards too wink.gif

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 4:40 PM
from IP address 67.142.168.143

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I couldn't remember

by MissippiMike

what he went by on here-he told me Im sure but I can't remember...

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 11:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Got a problem with this Saturday

by DonDon

and not sure what to do. Just went on the MDWFP website and starting this Saturday, it's YOUTH GU HUNTING on all wildlife management areas as well as on private lands. I don't mind going to a management area when it's bow season but kids and guns kinda spook me ALOT. Really not sure what to do right now. Thoughts?

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 8:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

no problems here

by woodswatcher

under 16 they have to have a chaperone and all have to have a hunters safety card.

wear orange if you are concerned.

youth hunt with guns for about 3.5 weeks in Oklahoma and accidents are very rare. I would be more concerned with adults from the big city and the boozers.

a majority of accidents involve people over the age of 18.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 3:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not all NF are ...

by

Many management areas do not contain the entire National Forest that they are in (if that is where they are located). For example, much of the DeSoto National Forest here in the SE part of the state is NOT in the Red Creek Management Area, and is not subject to the early youth season. Check the management area maps where you are, and the NF map (can check it out online) and see if it is all withing the management area.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 6:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh, I know

by DonDon

this area is slap dab in the middle of a WMA though

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 7:14 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

stay away for a while

by woodswatcher

just let the deer hunters have it for a few days then.
my 2 cents.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 12:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Haven'ty checked the seasons and how they break down but

by DonDon

I HOPE there's another Archery only season here. I don;t mind a bow cause folks have to get a clear look at what they're shooting at. Folks around these parts, are.
what's that? BAMMMM,, did I hit it? What was it? OH HECK, you shot Billy Bob in the head, Joe Dan. Emy Sue's gonna be PO'd at you. LOL

I just don't walk to woods when it's gun season any more

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 1:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sorry Don

by J

Sorry Don, didn't make it to the woods. sad.gif

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 8:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

we rode all through the national forest

by dondon

Just scoping the new area we were in..guess we coveted 20-25.miles of backroads. They had all the good deadend.roads blocked off or id have tried the new 4WD squatch mobile out lmbo

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 8:06 AM
from IP address 66.175.172.232

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Got a problem with this Saturday

by Sasquatchms

i been runing around in the woods during all kinds of seasons fully camo'd never been shot..ithink your more likely to get in a car crash then get shot, helps if you wear orange or course, even if I was drunk looking through a scope I could tell a orange something from a deer looking something. Course you could go out in camo also drinking and things would be square.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 10:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Carson, you really need to be more careful

by DonDon

Folks get stewpit during hunting season. Add in some of the folks that'll be hunting by themselves will be 8-10 years old and you're setting yourself up to get hurt. I've had friends that got shot before so I'm skidish. Not fun seeing your bud laying in a hospital bed with a gun shot to the stomach cause they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nothing to do with drinking, just some folks weren't taught to make sure what you're shooting at before you pull the trigger

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 7:05 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Those are called,

by Grumpy

Don those are called 'Brush Shots'..... I heard something in the Brush so I shot...... and yes their are hunters out there with that mentality.......

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:22 AM
from IP address 74.232.181.170

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

TO MANY of them Bob

by DonDon

I grew up hunting the woods we went out in and LOTS of those Idiots in that neck of the woods. Remember that this is backwoods Mississippi. Folks there aren't like the folks in the cites. Good ole folks but some just don;t care and will shoot anything that moves. Ask a bud of mine how he felt about getting buckshot in the rear end that time. Heck, I've been shot a couple times form idiots in a dove field. may be just birdshot but it stings real bad

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Brush shots?...

by Monster Hunter

Personally I like to take those sound shots...hear something then shoot in the direction...keeps the hunters loose and away from my hunting area...

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 3:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Jim

by dondon

You are sooooooo bad.brotha.

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 4:38 PM
from IP address 66.175.172.232

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I know one other,,,

by SAsquatcher

Fella that has taken a brush shot too, and under the circumstances, I don't blame him 1 bit!

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 7:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

frowns on this crazy talk

by Lil' Man

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 10:38 PM
from IP address 70.185.222.39

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

lol nt

by Cindy

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 9:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

He's ready ain't he...

by Monster Hunter

That's exactly how I raised my boys...put them in the woods, keep them busy in sports and whip that axx when they need it...there were not any time outs...go stand in a corner or take things away...I'm a firm believer in spare the rod and spoil the child...my three oldest are educated, independent, with good jobs other then Jake who is now a Junior at Centenary College...wants to be a geologist...worked this past summer for a company and loved it...

Keep a close eye on your children...be involved with them no matter if it's sports, band, drama team or cheerleader...guarantee you'll reap what you sew in your children...

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 10:07 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Geology is a worthy profession and career.............n/t

by Cindy

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 12:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here is a good deal.

by SAsquatcher

And it takes pics too!
Only $1.195
http://www.thermalimagingpros.com/products/3752/

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 4:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Bobby Hamilton

by Surveyor

Much respect for setting aside the month of November to honor your dad's memory. I hope you are able to relive some of the things you did together with him to carry on his memory for years to come

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 5:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I did not know this.

by Jim Keegan

I am sorry for your loss, Bobby. I lost my Mom to cancer 22 years ago and it was hard. Lost my best friend.

I find happiness in the thought that they would want me to go forward and have a happy life.

One day....we will see each other again in Heaven and smile....knowing that the big fuss was over nothing.

"Dying is easy.....living is the hard part."

~Jim Keegan 1998

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 5:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Let's get the new people on board with Night Vision.

by Jim Keegan

3 types.

Thermal: In my opinion, the best there is as long as your target is a mammal and is warm blooded. Elements of this type stick out like a sore thumb on the viewfinder. The system is passive and receives low frequency light images not detectable by the human eye.

IR: This version requires a broadcast of low frequency light that is then received by the amplifier the person wears. No IR light...no vision. This is old ARMY stuff, not used much anymore except in nightime driving in combat condidtions.

Starlite: In this application the person wears a passive receiver on their head (Or scope when gun mounted) and sees an amplified image of the general star light that the Moon or Stars projects light on. First introduced in Viet Nam it is a pain in the *** to wear as there is no depth perception......but you can see the trees that move..and in combat, the trees that move have rifles.

So in closing, FLIR (Forward Looking Ifra Red)is the best choice....as long as our target is a warm blooded creature.

Bo

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 9:47 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

my beef w/ thermal IMO

by SasquatchmS

1. Price , to achieve a good quality image prices wont run under 4K and i mean GOOD imagine, true some of the lesser decked out products will show a heat source, but not w/o highly distorted image.

features that require a PREMIUM :

+ above 30hz
+320x240 uncooled microbolometer (and it gets even more pricy as the pixel rate increase)
+zoom feature that does not reduce pixel quality ( if you had a 640x480 resolution @ 2x magnification its reduced to 320x240, and @ 4x magnification its 160x120 which translated means youll basically be filming a blob if its out past 200meters and thats IF your device can zoom that far...otherwise itll still be just a blob. and when you raise your head to look in the direction if the subject is close then your natural night vision is automatically killed from looking at a screen)
+19mm lense or better
+ things like spectral response sensativity, and NTSC or PAL options.

other features drive up price even further, not to mention the fact that yes you might see a heat source, but if its a BF itll definitly see a light source from whatever screen your looking at, then from all previous thermal footage they just run off and your left w/ a blob (if youve managed to buy a thermal w/ video recording capabilities)

If you want superb image quality and not just "oh wow I see something" youve gotta be prepared to spend at least 7K+ and even that is on the lower end of the spectrum as far as thermal capabilities go.

I pesonally prefer a High end Gen 3 OmniVII tube pvs14 w/ a manual gain control. these devices only need starlight to provide amazing images. With the addition of optional filter lenses you can really bring out the contrast of the landscape. If these guys see IR, a super duper gen 3 will allow you not only navigation, but sight as well in dark growth forests or whatnot. Over cast sky even w/ starlight above it will provide some useable image. I've gotta camera that accepts Astroscopes, which is basically an IIT tube stuck between the camera and the lense, so buying one of those would allow 35mm digital film thru one of those tubes which would yield a far better result inside of 200 yards w/o moon light, and if I had a full moon or half moon...watch out!

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 7:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You are not a Grunt.

by Jim Keegan

Lessons learned.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 7:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

gen 3's

by DonDon

I had one for a couple of years and YEH, when there's ambiant light, you can see a long ways in an open field. I could actually see some small critter (coon based on it's movements) across a small lake at about 100 yards.

In the woods is a different story. You can see a good ways if you've got scattered timber and no thin underbrush when the moon is up but once that moon sets and you're using just star light, things get grainy.
It's very difficult to make out good details at maybe 30 yards or so. Anything past that and it's a best guess on what you're seeing.

If somethings out behind a bush past 30 yards and moving slowly, you'll never see it. I sat out a many a night using them so I can speak from expierance.

Gen 3's are best if you're walking out in an open pasture or in a Hardwood bottom that's been cleared. I will say though that it was fun walking around at night with them strapped to my head. I could sneak up on Nessa and scare the crap out of her LOL

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 7:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I will relate a little story.

by SAsquatcher

And Don, I'm sure you heard this one.

We put one of out researchers up on a stand one night down near the bottoms in an area where Jim used to feed by pouring corn feed on the ground in a pile.
Well to make a long story short, the guy said he kept hearing sounds around the food plot and so he kept panning around with his gen 3 rifle scope but saw nothing, he did this till his batteries wore out and so he had also brought a hand held flir unit and decided to pan around with that a while, at which point he saw 4 of these little monsters playing around with either and one of them even ran a raccoon away from the food plot.
He watched them till they moved on and when we went and picked him up, I'll never forget the look on his face when he came off the stand and I asked him "Did you see anything"?.

The GEN III wouldn't cut the mustard back in those bottoms back in the day and still won't under a heavy canopy of trees and still won't, and once you turn the IR emitters on to assist, well you might as well just be carrying a big flashlight.
Thermal is the only thing that will allow you to see anything at all in dark woods at night without tipping off the monsters that you are there!

If you need more convincing, check this out!
http://youtu.be/rAvnMYqj2c0

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 12:21 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I was hoping to keep it simple.....lol..nt

by Jim Keegan

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 9:10 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Night Vision

by

With Gen 3 or any night vision (not FLIR) just like Don said, you aren't going to see very well in a dark area without starlight. You can attach an infrared illuminator, and it will help tremendously (it will actually look like you are lighting up the place with a flashlight through the scope). When a full moon is out, unless you are under a lot of canopy, you don't need night vision. Heck, I can even see in color on moonlight nights. It must be in my sasquatch blood from a few generations back.....lol

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 5:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Dang!

by MissippiMike

I gues I'm just not that "prepared!" Can't and won't afford that, regardless.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 7:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

To use IR...

by Monster Hunter

You can take a Gen 1 using an IR spotlight and it's as clear as any gen any number...NV is okay for the road dogs but ain't worth a pinch of monkey sxxx in a thicket...if you have ever used Gen III you know for a fact it's useless in a thicket or under a heavy canopy...useless...this is from experience...rather have a flash light then NV in these thickets and a flash light is useless in thickets at any distance...all you get is light reflection...now you know why I take sound shots...LOL...

Posted on Nov 4, 2011, 3:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Im sorry I haven't been around for a while

by Rob Anderson

I finally got my self back together and have been busy trying to hunt some deer down back. I have been noticing that my dog when I walk her down in the back forty has been looking in one direction and starting to growl as if she was picking up on my little furry friends.I haven't noticed any tracks but there has been some subtle vocal calls during the summer that was out of the ordinary. Mimicing dogs and some coyete calls. This hasn't spooked the deer but I noticed they are a little more weary not because of the bow hunters but something trailing them every time they are moving in groups.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 8:38 AM
from IP address 198.109.219.254

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Bring a pocket recorder with ya and make a tape

by Jim Keegan

people here will tell ya what is makin those sounds.

Bo

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 5:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Keep in mind about Rhode Island

by Jim Keegan

It covers only 1000 square miles and has a population of over 1 million.

So there is basiacally 1000 people per square mile.

No room for BF...LOL

Bo

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 8:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ATTENTION JIM KEEGAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Lone Wolf

Get out there and solve this thing once and for all!

http://woonsocket.patch.com/articles/big-rhodey

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 10:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ok..let solve this with a few questions.

by Jim Keegan

1) Who has the most intellligence in RI?

2) Who has been involved in this thing for 40 years.

3) Who are you going to listen to when it comes to BF in RI?

Trust me....No bf here. Alot of Wishful thinkers....but thats it.

~"The day will come when we see them in everyones backyard."

~Jim Keegan 1992

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 8:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

JK, I hope your right about them being in every backyard becuz...

by

my trail cam is READY! YEE HAW!

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 2:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cmon Jimbo

by Lone Wolf

There's got to be a zoobie or two in RI.

I read it on the internet, it must be true......

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 2:59 PM
from IP address 66.121.210.145

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh Brother!

by SAsquatcher

You don't like to toot your own horn do you Jimbo?
That is what I have always liked about you is your HUMILITY,,LOL!

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 10:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I found your brand Jimbo!

by SAsquatcher

[linked image]

LOL!
Just kidding bro!

Posted on Nov 5, 2011, 11:09 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ATTENTION JIM KEEGAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Lone Wolf

No excuses Jim, get out there and solve this thing once and for all!

http://woonsocket.patch.com/articles/big-rhodey

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 10:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There ya go Jimbo.

by SAsquatcher

Make the jump,,from "Instigator" to INVESTIGATOR!

Posted on Nov 1, 2011, 11:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh Rick....you wonder why I love ya so much...

by Jim Keegan

Just for you I will go to Cumberland (10 minute drive) and take some photo's and talk to some people and post my results here.

Then I put the "Instigator" hat back on.

LOL...Bo

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 9:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Very good!

by SAsquatcher

I hope you get growled at or something,,LOL.
Really, the first time that happened to me ,,I LOVED it.
You should get on down to CT and NY state as well, there are a lot of reports out of the Adirondack area.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 7:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sorry Jimbo.

by SAsquatcher

That response was a little rough to post.

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 4:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Rick...you never have to apoligize to me.

by Jim Keegan

We are "Old School" and go way back to the day.

The days of EB are over and we can say whatever we want to whoever we want....including me.

No foul, no fine bro.

Stll love ya, always will.

Bo

Posted on Nov 3, 2011, 8:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

One thing you may not know Jimbo!

by SAsquatcher

In the past 10 years since I have been coming around on the forum and researching, I have had 2 full body sightings, and I KNOW that the critters I saw were Bigfoot creatures and not a bear or a guy in a suit.
All I am saying is "Seek and you shall find".

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 8:51 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Maybe Jimbo is

by Lone Wolf

dare I say it, scared????? LOL

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 8:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by Jim Keegan

If there were a BF in Cumberland I would have had em by now.

No BF in RI

Posted on Nov 2, 2011, 8:10 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Google

Web www.GCBRO.com