This forum is for open discussion on the generic handling by retailers (and others) of our Christmas Day celebration and preparation. Post your thoughts and feelings on Christmas here.

Return to Index  

Merry Christmas!!!

December 19 2002 at 12:32 PM
No score for this post
  (Login Sparky_wins)
Forum Owner
from IP address 205.188.209.134

I starting this forum in response to a local radio show here in Buffalo on WBEN. I won't mention any names because I will leave it up to the radio host to post his own comments. I whole heartedly agree with him that if a store is going to hold a "Christmas Sale" that the staff should be allowed to greet customers and end the transaction with a "Merry Christmas". Christmas is not just a holiday so that retailers can meet their bottom line and if they want my money...they had better be prepared to acknowledge why I am spending money in their store. It is all about our Lord. CHRIST - MAS.

I am neither offended or theatened by Happy Hannakuh or Happy Kwanza and I will say Merry Christmas where and to whoever I chosse to!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 And the store I shopped in today Dec 19, 2002, 12:41 PM
 Proper way to "Christ"en this board.................DaveDec 19, 2002, 10:34 PM
  Dave...Thank you for sharing! Dec 20, 2002, 12:17 AM
 Hi Lynn! Dec 20, 2002, 9:00 AM
 PC. Bah, Humbug! Dec 20, 2002, 9:53 AM
 Merry Christmas to you too Dec 20, 2002, 10:37 AM
 misssue567@cs.com Dec 20, 2002, 1:11 PM
 Merry Christmas Dec 21, 2002, 9:59 PM
Find more forums on SpiritualityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Feel free to post scanned copies of memos instructing employees to not use the phrase "Merry Christmas" in greeting customers and closing a "Christmas" sale!