This forum is for open discussion on the generic handling by retailers (and others) of our Christmas Day celebration and preparation. Post your thoughts and feelings on Christmas here.

Return to Index  

Hello Lynn

December 22 2002 at 9:23 PM
No score for this post
  (Login jbirdvaughn)
from IP address 206.206.93.104

I guess I'm blessed to live in a relatively rural area. We still have an annual "Christmas Parade" and still get greeted with "Merry Christmas" at most stores. I do see signs saying "Xmas Sale" but other than that political correctness hasn't infected us too bad yet.
I'm not sure what is going on in the schools here but I do know that the pastor from the chuch I used to attend get's calls to open some school meetings with prayer. I haven't heard much about how the schools are handling Christmas.
The way I see it is that I don't think we've seen anything yet compared to the attempted silencing of Christians that is coming. I figure God can handle it and will hopefully keep us instructed as to how we should.
Good idea for a forum Lynn.

jbird

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SpiritualityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Feel free to post scanned copies of memos instructing employees to not use the phrase "Merry Christmas" in greeting customers and closing a "Christmas" sale!