Laxmom...c'mon. Be fair.

by Rodney Braun (Login Lacrossefury)

What a lousy comment to make about Oshawa. The criteria they (Oshawa) use for cancelling fields is very similar to the same standards that other Cities/Municipalities use.

It has rained hard, on and off all day in the Oshawa area. Don't forget, field damage can be billed back to the League by the municipality. Even if the sun blistered out right now (2:49PM) the fields would still be too wet tomorrow by city standards.

Ease up on Terry Lloyd. He agonized over this decision. I was there.

FYI, I was in the West this morning and Brampton had to cancel too.

Using turf is great! I love it too. But, it is very, very expensive and difficult to reserve.

The situation had become so dire in obtaining Fields, that Albert Rehanek (West Commissioner) spent a good part of the past winter working on securing Fields for '09. He should be recognized for that.

Oshawa does a good job at hosting. Always have, for as long as i've been involved.

I firmly believe, now more than ever, that it's time we move to late summer/fall. I just don't know how to make it happen at this time...or even if I have that "ability".

Please let's try to take some positive out of conditions that were beyond everybody's control. (Well, except God and I don't know his cell phone number)

Rodney Braun, Commissioner
OMFLL

Posted on May 9, 2009, 3:04 PM
from IP address 173.33.130.123

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

1. Same 'Ol. odm, May 9, 2009, 7:32 PM
  2. Open letter to Rodney. Northmen4ever, May 10, 2009, 10:27 AM
  3. Ref's - Civic Field 3 - "Thanks!'. qwikstic, May 10, 2009, 12:42 PM
    1. Oh, just another opinion on moving the Field Lax Season. Gary Mark, May 10, 2009, 1:32 PM
  4. Re: Laxmom...c'mon. Be fair.. Dances with stix, May 11, 2009, 9:49 AM
    1. Re: Laxmom...c'mon. Be fair.. Sofa, May 12, 2009, 9:23 AM
      1. Don't mess with the box season!. Jocelyn Knox, May 12, 2009, 9:43 AM
      2. Re: Laxmom...c'mon. Be fair.. Jocelyn Knox, May 12, 2009, 9:55 AM
        1. clarification. Northmen4ever, May 12, 2009, 1:38 PM
          1. Re: clarification. PCO6, May 12, 2009, 2:17 PM
  5. Re: Laxmom...c'mon. Be fair.. Mark, May 12, 2009, 2:29 PM
    1. Reward is Punishment. PCO6, May 12, 2009, 3:06 PM

2013 PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONS
Senior: TBD
Junior: TBD
U16: TBD
U13: TBD

OFSAA: M. Paul Dwyer CHS (AAAA,AAA); Holy Cross (AA/A)
Novice: Whitby (A), East Gwillimbury (B), Mississauga (C), Orangeville (D) Peewee: Oakville (A), Orangeville (B), London (C) Oakville (D) Bantam: Oakville (A), Orangeville (B), East Gwillimbury (C) NOTL (D) Midget: Brampton (A), Centre Wellington (B), Kitchener-Waterloo (C)