Return to Index  

The PuristS' policy regarding enquiries for dealers and discounts

June 22 2004 at 7:25 AM

Marcus Hanke  (Login mhanke)

I think you all know that one of the primary intentions of the PuristS is to give a forum to discussions on philosophy, technology and progress of specific brands, as well as the business as a whole. I am fully aware, of course, that the financial side is an important part of the business. While we are enthusiasts, we are in the first place aware of our monetary capabilities, and want to spend as little of our resources as possible. Consequently, I fully understand the interest to discuss dealers and discounts. However, it is the rule that this is not to be done here, at the PuristS. Not only watch buyers are our guests, but also dealers and the manufacturers themselves. We all profit from the other's knowledge and experiences. But the reason why this exchange works so flawlessly, is the fact of the PuristS as a completely neutral territory, as far as the monetary side is concerned. If we had wanted to found a watchbuyers union, representing the interests of this particular group, we would have made that clear from the beginning. Instead, we leave this activity to other fora.

Acceptance of our non-commercial policy also implies to refrain from borderline posts. I consider asking for or about dealers that give a certain discount a disregard of our policy. Even more so a follow-up "E-mail me at ..." post, when the original post already included the author's e-mail address. Please accept my sincere announcement that I will delete any further posts like these without notice.

While neutrality is already part of my Austrian genetic code, I am fully aware of the difficulties to make a decision that is accepted by everybody. Besides the fact that I am prone to errors as everybody else, I only ask you to understand my difficult position by not trying to stretch the envelope, and by not starting emotional policy discussions. The information available on all the PuristS pages is the direct result of our non-commercial policy, if you want to benefit from it, you have to accept the policy as well.

With best regards,
Marcus

This message has been edited by mhanke on Jan 7, 2005 5:32 PM

Respond to this message   
ThePuristS.com Home Page