<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The PuristS' policy regarding warranty trouble and problems with service centres

June 9 2005 at 7:05 AM

Marcus Hanke  (Login mhanke)

Dear friends,

you know that I do not lightheartedly impose limitations on how our discussions should be made, and it is only very rarely that I have the impression that any intervention from my side could be necessary. Responsible for this is the friendlyness and politeness shown by you, our steady supporters and friends, since years. You know the usus here since long, and respect it. However, with the continuing growth of our site, also the number of our visitors is climbing; a very welcome enrichment to our community! Yet this makes it necessary from time to time, to point out certain issues that make our site so peculiar, and maybe different from many other sites out there. Most of our new friends learn and understand these things themselves, just from lurking some time. Regarding a few others, it seems inevitable to point them out more specifically.

Before it falls into oblivion completely, I want to draw your kind attention to our policy, regarding discussions about dealers and discounts, as published on our reference page:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=232632&messageid=1087914351

Due to a given occasion, I have to draft another policy statement, which I tried to avoid for a long time. But I had to accept that it is inevitable now:

Before the internet age, nobody would have considered to use CNN to express his dissatisfaction with a spoilt car repair. But today, it has become common to use internet discussion fora to express criticism, even before any other - more promising - effort was taken to clarify the issue.

Of course, I am fully aware that bad work can happen, and the more little parts are stuffed into a little watch case, the higher is the probability that something does not work perfectly, if humans are involved. However, I think that every contract partner, be it a manufacturer, a dealer or a service centre, should be given a chance to react to a directly forwarded complaint, before he is faced with accusations made public for thousands of readers.

Only then, if the problem is not resolved, or he does not even get a reply after an appropriate time, there should be other means considered. A good suggestion would be to contact me.

It is our mutual understanding, between thePuristS and the watch brands, that they generally keep out from our fora, in order to respect our absolute independence. However, this also leaves them without the possibility to defend themselves against complaints, or sometimes even open accusations made by forum visitors. Instead, they offer us their support to help resolving the issue by direct contacts, sometimes with the little assistance I am able to give.

Even this procedure sometimes leaves problems unsolved. If one is still thinking to have been treated unfair, then, and only then I think he has full rights to express his frustration here, in the forum, and point out his situation to all others.

I apologize for any inconvience this causes, and I sincerely thank you for your kind understanding.

With best regards,
Marcus

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page