Return to Index  

Prototypes had the radiator located...

April 3 2012 at 12:32 PM
Glenn Ryder  (Login 53ryder)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 50.47.10.234

Response to Glad to help Glenn

...underneath the body somewhere's. Apparently there was a limit of 27 feet for the body length so to get the radiator in they put in under the body. Later, I forget what year, the overall length of a bus was increased to 30 feet which allowed the radiator to be moved to the more traditonal location on the front end of the body.

BTW...I'm a transit operator (bus driver) here for King County/Metro (Seattle) for over 30 years. So when I saw the news about a double-decker bus kit coming out last year I knew that it would be one kit I couldn't pass up.

Glenn

This message has been edited by 53ryder from IP address 50.47.10.234 on Apr 3, 2012 12:33 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on HyperScale's Forums visitors to register. If you are already registered to post to Plane Talking, your login will work here too. If you do not have a login, please follow these instructions:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.

In addition, Car Chat is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

free counters