Return to Index  

54 Corvette-painting white woes

July 8 2012 at 1:37 PM
Joe Perrone  (Login jperrone54)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 89.211.139.128

I'v wanting a 53/54; in white and red. I hate painting white; I've NEVER been able to do it right. This time, I've tried Pasche H, fine, medium, monster nozzles; Iwata Revolution (too fine, nothing comes out); Badger 200G (needle bushing developed leak); Badger 100G (ditto on bushing) and Badger 200NH.

Paints are all acrylic; Tamiya flat, Tamiya gloss, Model Master, PolyScale Reefer white. Dilutions from 0 (usually won't come out except for the Pasche) up to 90% (no coverage). Out of all of these, I come close to getting decent finish with the 100G and reefer. Until the bushing blew out, then I went to Badger 200NH. This is a single action and I can adjust it to get paint coming out, but it stops very quickly. I think this means my needle/nozzle are too fine and I need a medium. Increasing dilution doesn't seem to solve the problem.

I was close, maybe a bit too dry (it was looking pebbly) and then I got cracks in the paint. Never seen this before; what causes this?

Does anyone have a combination of airbrush/paint dilution/pressure that works? Where I live I can't easily get enamels due to the thinner, plus I'd never be allowed to spray it in doors.

I have tried brushing it. Except for the fact that it's not perfectly flat, the gloss comes out. I may just live with that as I still havent' gotten to the point of getting the clear coat down!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on HyperScale's Forums visitors to register. If you are already registered to post to Plane Talking, your login will work here too. If you do not have a login, please follow these instructions:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.

In addition, Car Chat is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

free counters