<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Slixx decals ending decal production!!!

February 1 2012 at 3:21 PM
  (Login terrysumner)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 206.53.74.153

Here's the message on the Slixx website...

"Dear Valued Customers,

We would like take just a brief moment to thank you all for your support over the past 19 years. Many of you have become a big part of our Slixx family. We have come to the hard decision to stop production of Slixx Decals. We will be finishing up a few grill sheets and 1/16th scale drag goody sheets that are currently in production, but those will be the last Slixx Decals produced. We will be selling off our existing inventory until they are gone. Again, thank you so much for the support over the years. We wish you all the best in the future.

Sincerely,

Gene & Becky Sisemore"

That sucks!!!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tom Booth
(Login bookmark460)
HyperScale Forums

Have a lot of their sheets. Used quite a few too. They need a rest or....

February 1 2012, 4:15 PM 

is biz is down such that it's not worth the effort?

Whatever the reason, they were good for the car modelling hobby and will be missed. 20 yrs is a darn good run.

Respond to this message   

(Login junkman3353)
HyperScale Forums

True. When they stopped printing Nascar decals they kind of fell off my radar but

February 1 2012, 4:16 PM 

maybe if they had done a few more sheets of more popular subjects (Porsche, Ferrari, classic Trans Am, etc) instead of the n'th degree of variations of obscure drag racing cars things may have gone better. My favorite were their "Quarter panel" sheets with number variations of pre-existing model car kits. OTOH, I got irritated when they spread needed logos between 3 or 4 different sheets meaning that you had to drop $30-$40 to get all the logos/numbers to do 1 car. Then again, maybe its a personal/family decision and not a business one. A loss none the less.

Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.
Neo: Guns. Lots of guns.

Respond to this message   
Terry Sumner
(Login terrysumner)
HyperScale Forums

Personal taste I guess..

February 2 2012, 2:57 PM 

See now those obscure drag racer decals are just what I like. I could not care less for NASCAR decals... happy.gif

Respond to this message   

(Login txt808)
HyperScale Forums

Bummer! Slixx has always stood for high-quality decals, no matter what ...

February 2 2012, 1:09 PM 

... the subject was. Luckily, i have most of the Slixx 1/24th NASCAR sheets i need for the moment (excepting some D.E., Sr. & one 1/16th decal sheet).

As mentioned above, they had a great run for almost 20 years - Congrats and Mahalo to Gene & Becky Sisemore for the outstanding stuff they offered to the model car world!

v/r, Tomt.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Slixx decals ending decal production!!!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on HyperScale's Forums visitors to register. If you are already registered to post to Plane Talking, your login will work here too. If you do not have a login, please follow these instructions:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.

In addition, Car Chat is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

free counters