Return to Index  

The continuing Saga

March 13 2008 at 4:02 PM
  (no login)
from IP address 82.20.132.52

Response to 100mm ish figures

The reason I want two figures about 4 to 5 inches high is a personal one.

My father was a Chindit. He was also in the Oxford and Bucks. I only found out he was a Chindit after he died last year. I was proud of my father anyway, knowing he served in Burma throughout the war, was one thing, now knowing he went through hell and survived and was by and large a humble man is all the more staggering.

I have very little in the way of memories or personal effects to remind me of him. So I thought two figurines depicting a soldier in the dress of the day would represent my father nicely and could be seen and displayed to good effect at home. Hence my search.

I am even prepared to have someone do the work for me, as I don't seem able to find any figurines that come close. I know some talented modellers can hack about and modify almost anything, but I have never done this sort of thing before.

So if you know of anyone who either makes figurines of this sort of size or knows anyone who is prepared to do a commission then please let me know.

Regards

Respond to this message   
Responses

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.

In addition, Figuratively Speaking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

free counters