<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Vinyl Figure Question...

September 28 2009 at 3:13 PM
  (Login USNChief)
from IP address 138.163.106.71

Actually 2...

1) Anybody build the HM4U 1/6 Catwoman?

2) What glue and putty will work on a vinyl kit? I tried, Tenax, Plastruct, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Tamiya, 5 minute Epoxy, Testors and Lacquer Thinner to see if it would work. What's left? Cyano?

Chief

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Glen the Rotorhead
(no login)

Use cyano for vinyl kits

October 3 2009, 8:19 AM 

I prefer Zap slow and fast cure with spray accelerator. Tack glue the parts together with dots of slow cure. Once you are happy with the fit (and accelerator has dried completely if you used any), flow in the fast cure and spray with accelerator to seal the deal. For filler I use Squadron white putty brushed into the seams with Testors liquid cement.

Good luck!

Respond to this message   

(Login kitsunekun)

Superglue for vinyl kits.

October 4 2009, 5:23 PM 

Walmart has a four-pack of Superglue that you can get for $1.00 whole dollar in the hardware section that I have used for years on all types of models. You can get liquid or gel but I prefer the liquid kind. When you prime the model for painting, I suggest you do a test first on some scrape plastic to see how it will react to oil based paints, as I have had one or two of the vinyl kits that I have built react adversly to enamel paints. You might want to cover the model first with either Tamiya or
Gunze-Sangyo model surface prep before painting.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Vinyl Figure Question...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.

In addition, Figuratively Speaking is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

free counters