Strange days Indeed! (Most perculiar, momma!)January 31 2012 at 3:21 PM
Jim Mc (Login Obadiah)
from IP address 220.127.116.11
sorry to swipe lyrics from Lennon, but....
It is January 31st today. Dead of winter. I can easily recall 4 feet of snow on the ground here in Cleveland on this day in years past. I can easily recall temps of 4 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, I know some of you Cannucks scoff at these numbers, as do more than a few of the fellas in Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I am sure most of us have seen worse. BUT...... It is currently SIXTY TWO degrees outside. Just drove to work with the sunroof open. There's no snow, heck, the ground is almost firm enough to golf on (the local public tract won't let anyone out, it really is too wet and soggy. But.... SIXTY TWO degrees. In JANUARY.....
"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"
- Ja! - Dave Cantrell on Jan 31, 2012, 3:27 PM
- No kidding.... - Mike Moore on Jan 31, 2012, 3:58 PM
- It's that 'Global Warmin'!! Ditto next week when ya have ... - Bo Roberts on Jan 31, 2012, 5:30 PM
- Not unprecedented..... - kalashnikov-47, IPMS dropout on Jan 31, 2012, 5:51 PM
- NBC News tonite is asking 'WHY' we're having a warm ... - Bo Roberts on Jan 31, 2012, 6:33 PM
- Jim Baltimore wins again over Cleveland it was... - Mike R on Jan 31, 2012, 7:25 PM
- Now you've done it - John on Jan 31, 2012, 7:38 PM
- I saw snow once. I think it was in a Nat Geo. California Steve n/t - Steven Flowers on Jan 31, 2012, 9:13 PM
- NBC reported tonite, Europe is having coldest winter .. - Bo Roberts on Feb 2, 2012, 6:46 PM