Strange days Indeed! (Most perculiar, momma!)January 31 2012 at 11:21 PM
Jim Mc (Login Obadiah)
from IP address 22.214.171.124
sorry to swipe lyrics from Lennon, but....
It is January 31st today. Dead of winter. I can easily recall 4 feet of snow on the ground here in Cleveland on this day in years past. I can easily recall temps of 4 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, I know some of you Cannucks scoff at these numbers, as do more than a few of the fellas in Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I am sure most of us have seen worse. BUT...... It is currently SIXTY TWO degrees outside. Just drove to work with the sunroof open. There's no snow, heck, the ground is almost firm enough to golf on (the local public tract won't let anyone out, it really is too wet and soggy. But.... SIXTY TWO degrees. In JANUARY.....
"The FANS are fighting back!!!"
"The SECURITY GUARDS are fighting back!!!"
"The PEANUT VENDORS are fighting back!!!"
- Ja! - Dave Cantrell on Jan 31, 2012, 11:27 PM
- No kidding.... - Mike Moore on Jan 31, 2012, 11:58 PM
- It's that 'Global Warmin'!! Ditto next week when ya have ... - Bo Roberts on Feb 1, 2012, 1:30 AM
- Not unprecedented..... - kalashnikov-47, IPMS dropout on Feb 1, 2012, 1:51 AM
- NBC News tonite is asking 'WHY' we're having a warm ... - Bo Roberts on Feb 1, 2012, 2:33 AM
- Jim Baltimore wins again over Cleveland it was... - Mike R on Feb 1, 2012, 3:25 AM
- Now you've done it - John on Feb 1, 2012, 3:38 AM
- I saw snow once. I think it was in a Nat Geo. California Steve n/t - Steven Flowers on Feb 1, 2012, 5:13 AM
- NBC reported tonite, Europe is having coldest winter .. - Bo Roberts on Feb 3, 2012, 2:46 AM