I'm ready to outlaw cellphones....Seriously!February 2 2012 at 6:44 PM
|William (Shuey) (Login Billshuey)|
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Last Saturday on my way down Glenmore Avenue to the gym, here comes this kid (looked about 8 ot 9) just ambling along out from between the parked cars, cell phone glued to his ear, paying no attention to whatever in the world around him. I slam on the brakes (fortunately for him I still have good reflexes at 73) and he hears the brakes and looks up at me. I stop just short of creaming the little **** and open the window and ask him if he ever heard of looking before crossing the road. His answer is to flip me a "Rockefeller salute".
This afternoon I'm on my way to the grocery store, and here comes this chick in some kind of little silver gray sports car zipping out from one of the cross streets. One hand is on the wheel, cell phone in the other, completely ignoring the stop sign. Again I hit the brakes, fortunately I'm not going very fast and she slips just across in time. She keeps right on going up the cross street. I don't know if the ^% little dip even realised how close she came.
It really scares one to realise how many idiots there are out there trying for a Darwin Medal.
Rant mode off.
- You can't legislate... - Dave Cantrell on Feb 2, 2012, 7:03 PM
- That horse left the barn long ago. - G.R.Morrison on Feb 2, 2012, 7:09 PM
- Speaking of the Divorce Rate - Brent Gair on Feb 2, 2012, 7:37 PM
- Amen - Scott Taylor on Feb 2, 2012, 8:04 PM
- Great post, Brent, and I agree 100% (n/m) - kalashnikov-47, IPMS dropout on Feb 2, 2012, 8:10 PM
- well I hate to agree and understand what you're saying.....but - Leonard LaRoux on Feb 2, 2012, 8:43 PM
- It's really destroyed social interaction - Ken Freundt on Feb 2, 2012, 9:01 PM
- People wont be able to relate one on one is what will happen - Max Bryant on Feb 5, 2012, 1:01 PM
- I have one, but I hate 'em - kalashnikov-47, IPMS dropout on Feb 2, 2012, 8:08 PM
- I liked Mr T's advertisement for the TV show "I Pity the Fool" - Anonymous on Feb 2, 2012, 10:12 PM
- I'll bet cells have saved many more lives than they have taken. .... - Tom Booth on Feb 2, 2012, 10:54 PM
- I have to admit...there are those rare occasions where I am on the phone in the car, BUT.. - Craig (in Daytona) Abrahamson on Feb 2, 2012, 11:58 PM
- It is a growing disease that I call Adlepatia. Had 'fun' with a - Derek Pennington on Feb 3, 2012, 12:33 AM
- Dig deep holes. - Mike Dougherty on Feb 3, 2012, 1:16 AM
- Was attending a friends funeral....right in the middle of the service a cell phone with - Larry Goodell........... on Feb 3, 2012, 8:01 AM
- Sorry...toaster problem.......... - Larry Goodell........... on Feb 3, 2012, 8:06 AM
- Toaster work in progress....nm - Larry Goodell........... on Feb 3, 2012, 8:06 AM
- I guess I have company then? I own one. Mostly because once in a while I want one. - Bruno on Feb 3, 2012, 8:23 AM
- I was hosting a Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class this last wednesday... - Thomas Solinski on Feb 3, 2012, 9:18 AM
- Well I guess I'm a bit different then. - Bill Bailey on Feb 3, 2012, 1:35 PM
- Death of the doorbell... - Mike Maben on Feb 3, 2012, 4:24 PM
- WOW!! I really didn't think... - Shuey, William on Feb 3, 2012, 5:17 PM
- I wouldn't want to be without a cell phone while driving - Mark Schynert on Feb 4, 2012, 1:34 AM
- last night some chick - Gerald Voigt on Feb 4, 2012, 4:19 PM