Return to Index  

The joys of moving..not really

February 4 2012 at 5:40 PM

Matthew Q  (Login matthewq)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 75.71.190.56

My wife and I finally found the piece of property she/we have been looking for. Unobstructed views of the mountains (Pikes Peak) quiet, established neighborhood, Culdesac, just under an acre in size, no HOA and slightly smaller in size than what we currently own. The last piece is fine as we are now empty nesters, but want to have room for the kids to stay when they visit with the grand kids. We close at the end of this month which is considerably quicker than we were planning on so we needed to start packing like yesterday. I started packing up my models two days ago. Oh My God what did I get myself into? Some 50 18x18x24 boxes from Lowes, plus another 20-25 we already had on hand and I have "almost" all my unbuilt kits packed. Reality has definitely set in. I need to cull the herd. I never really had an appreciation for just how much "stuff" I have related to this hobby. My back is killing me as are my feet and I'm no where near done down here in man land. Still have tools, paint and other assorted goodies to deal with...not to mention 5 display cases. Glad I got friends with trucks who are also afflicted with the styrene bug so I can pay for their services in plastic...and beer. So...for the time being, my man land is shut down, but will reopen next month....gotta love moving...well, maybe not. lol
On the plus side of this.....it'll be like Christmas on the other end.
"Q" happy.gif

Matt Quiroz
Centennial IPMS
Colorado Springs, CO.

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters