Return to Index  

This occurred 6 months ago

February 17 2012 at 7:21 PM

(Login nametaken)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 24.14.225.48

Response to Can car old get old? I drive about 500 miles a month, and when I

My Dad always taught me 'every 3k'. I never have had to worry about not driving 3k in 3 months.

Anymore I take my Mustang to the Ford dealership for the oil change, as it aint worth the 8 bucks I save doing it myself!

Anyway I always have changed the oil between 3 and 3500 and the sticker they put in always reflected the next change at the next 3,000 mile mark. I now have had two oil changes in the last 6 months where the sticker now reflects 5,000 between changes. I asked about it and they said it is 5K now. I would think they are telling the truth since they could get three more services from me per year going by the 3,000 rule...

Cheers,

Max Bryant

"You'll Love My Wingnuts!"

This message has been edited by nametaken from IP address 24.14.225.48 on Feb 17, 2012 7:22 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters