Americans driving more economical vehiclesFebruary 25 2012 at 1:48 PM
|Donald Terrana (Login donzie2)|
from IP address 184.108.40.206
In the discussions about gasolene prices, a poster from outside of the of the US pointed out the value of driving better milage automobiles.
If I could afford it I would buy a Toyota Prius tomorrow.I can not image anyone not wanting to have a car that gets like 40 or 50 MPG in city driving. What is the downside? You are so big you cant fit inside of a Prius? And there are other hybrids on the market too. The point is we all have to get our hands on these effcient vehicles, not just a few of us to get away from imported oil.. this is a no brainer.
What I don't understand is how come GM didn't beat Toyota to the market place, or Ford for that matter.
As for Americans needing different vehicles than Europeans, that does not seem to be consistant with the facts. One of my cars is an Catera*( well it was sold by Cadillac, but is really just an Opel) It goes easily faster than any american speed limit, has taken me all the way across Florida..without needing to refill the gas tank.
* turns out , like Ms Romney I too drive a couple of Cadillacs...well they are both more than 11 years old. What I do to help save gas is just not drive if I can do it. I buy from Amazon!
Almost every thing I need for my house they seem to have. Shipping is free (prime**), no sales tax, and all I have to do is to go pick it up at the mail box! This is no joke,check it out.
costs you $79.00 a year, but all shipping is free
- What I dont understand is... - Alexander Safarik on Feb 25, 2012, 1:59 PM
- Or we could just use or own natural resourse, natural gas!! - Bo Roberts on Feb 25, 2012, 2:07 PM
- A prius won't work for me - Mike West on Feb 25, 2012, 2:32 PM
- "get away from imported oil". So ya gonna tell the Canucks to go pound 'tar-sand'? ;-) n/m - jcf on Feb 25, 2012, 3:29 PM
- Where I Live... - Brent Gair on Feb 25, 2012, 3:52 PM
- Because economy cars are boring, ugly no-passion suburban cattle cars - Anonymous on Feb 25, 2012, 6:31 PM
- If everybody drove a hybrid vehicle then.... - Steve Sliger on Feb 25, 2012, 9:08 PM
- Not where I live - Don Hinton on Feb 26, 2012, 12:39 AM
- I don't know how's it about small cars in the States... - Arturo Navarro. on Feb 27, 2012, 7:15 AM