Return to Index  

Been on one for a long time, and I'm conflicted about it...

February 29 2012 at 11:14 AM
Lee Griffin  (Login leegee_77)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 199.72.20.10

Response to any of you guys or gals taking statins?

On the one hand, my doctor is adamant that the benefits for me outweigh the risks. We've had the conversations and she says for me, the statin is the right thing to do. She claims the anti-flammatory properties of the statin are beneficial, not just lowering the cholestorol number. My cholesterol is naturally high with very little dietary component.

On the other hand, you have people that say without reservation that the statins are more trouble than benefit and that other remedies (or doing nothing at all) is a better regimen.

I have not noticed any adverse effects. My doc measures my liver enzymes, lipids, LDL, HDL, etc. every three months, so she is not of the "no need to monitor" school. I am currently on a two-month break from the statin for other reasons and I don't notice any difference.

For the record, I'm the last guy you would look at and assume high cholesterol. 6'1", 170 lbs. (Not overweight, etc.)

Cheers,

Lee G.

Respond to this message   

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters