Return to Index  

"Most accidents happen in the home"......Death of my leftseater..

February 29 2012 at 6:27 PM
Phil Brandt  (Login bondo455)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 66.68.57.43

That's often a joke I've used for a couple that have an unexpected, "surprise" pregnancy. Well, today that saying took on a much more sad and somber note. I recieved the shocking email news that my Vark leftseater of some five years (Nellis and Mt. Home) died days ago from the results of a fall down his attic steps in North Texas. Apparently his skull was fractured, and after having CPR administered by friends, he seemed to be making a so-so recovery in the hospital when a host of tiny blood clots did him in. Here's a guy who with moi and others "hung it out" for countless sorties down in the weeds over at least twenty years, often at night, and he checks out from a crummy fall! Interestingly enough, he took an earlier (80s) serious hit when struck by an automobile while doing his daily run on an English country road near Upper Heyford. That one took him a couple of years from which to recover.

May Nick Muralt, Colonel, USAF (Ret.) rest in peace.

Phil

This message has been edited by bondo455 from IP address 66.68.57.43 on Feb 29, 2012 6:51 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters