Return to Index  

I've taken statins for about ten years.

March 4 2012 at 12:37 AM
  (Login Milton_Bell)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 99.88.246.101

Response to any of you guys or gals taking statins?

I began with a drug called Mevacor but my cardiologist soon switched me over to Lipitor. There was a period of liver screening at the first. Since there is finally a generic form of Lipitor I've changed to it. It's considerably cheaper than Lipitor.

To my knowledge I've not had any ill effects from it. My cholesterol has dropped from well over 200 to less than 100 at my last physical. In fact, one of the drugs I took was Zetia and I have discontinued taking it because of the very low lipids count. It should go without saying that I had to make some diet changes but none so sever that they were a problem.

MB

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters