Return to Index  

I warrant 4 weeks but I rarely have taken more than 2-3 weeks because

March 17 2012 at 2:36 AM

(Login witous)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 71.110.137.170

Response to For those working, how long do you take for a vacation?

we are an EOSOP company. So myself as well as many of my fellow owners have worked our butts off so we wouldn't have layoffs. Upper management took voluntary cuts in pay several years ago. I felt guilty for not bringing in revenue to the company so I didn't use all my vacation. We have also shown significant growth over the past 2 years and have now hired more than 65 permanents and we have about 50 temps. Total work force is about 550.

I would say that most, if not all of the management, do not take all their vacation days. Management can not turn in vacation days for pay.

BTW, we are an aluminum extrusion company with over $240 million in sales per year. We are an Employee Owned Company and we are self insured offering 100% medical coverage. We have 401 K that is matched 25%. We have been in the black every quarter since we opened 28 years ago.

Believe it or not, our extrusion, paint and anodizing facilities are in California!

Mike

Semper Fidelis

Temecula Valley Model Club
"Haud Sceptrum, Haud Sentio, Haud Forsit

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters