Return to Index  

Hi, Brett --Your comments are very true and i agree, but

March 24 2012 at 9:35 AM
George Campbell  (Login blueangelmodeler)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 69.85.124.91

Response to Seriously? Little Bighorn? What's Audacious about...

Per Webster's New World Dictionary 1970 i reviewed audaciuos, audacity, insolence, impudent. Other words used were bold, daring and brazen.

I agree with you 100 % .... Custer was an idiot to try to pull that attack off. There is speculation that he was making a final bid to run for president in the coming election.

Charles Kuralt, in his book ON THE ROAD has a composition entitled "Place of Sorrows" on Little Bighorn. It is a powerful piece of prose which i reformatted into a free-verse poem.

A book called "KILLING CUSTER" is available. It was used in the PBS American Series and is available on video. It is from the Indian point of view ... very interesting reading. Per Killing Custer, Pres. Teddy Roosevelt read a "preview" of a book on the Custer battle in early 1900's and suggested that a chapter should be left out --- it was deleted ??!!

SON OF THE MORNING STAR is another excellnt book and movie. George

This message has been edited by blueangelmodeler from IP address 69.85.124.91 on Mar 24, 2012 9:53 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

To post a new message, simply press the "Post An Article" button. If you are posting a message or replying for the first time you will need to create a Network 54 login and regsiter for the Forum.

To read a message, click on that message in the list. You will see the message and the following thread, and then have the choice of reading the remaining messages or replying to the original message.

free counters